[LCN] Ambushing

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Miles, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Miles

Miles Member

From TGIF 30 Aug

• Introduce an inflated Cash cost for attempting to set repeated Ambushes beyond your max

What the increased Cash cost comes down to is this: say you currently have 10 Ambushes set against another player. If you try to repeatedly set more Ambushes over that 10 before they have been set off, the cost to set Ambushes will ramp up hard after a number of attempts.

Note that this only applies on a per-player basis, so you can have 10 Ambushes set against multiple players and not be hit with the penalty.

Looking for some clarification..........
    Are you saying you are going to allow more than the present limit of 10 ambushes to be set for just one person ..ie if you have endless amount of money as many as you want?
    Are you saying that you will then be allowed to set 10 ambushes on more than one person at same time and then if you so desire then set endless amount of ambushes if you have endless amount of money?
    If as your last paragraph suggests you can set 10 ambushes against any or all player or in fact all your attackers (plus if you have endless amounts of cash as many as you want) that player will now never be beaten ?

Mojca Maca and Crazy Inuit like this.
  2. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

And why changing yet again? The throttle works fine :) Someone been whining?

susan c, Lil' Slim, Trouble and 4 others like this.
  3. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Note that this only applies on a per-player basis, so you can have 10 Ambushes set against multiple players and not be hit with the penalty. When this change releases next week we'll be sure to drop an update in the in-game News feed.
    So you can set 10 bushes on 10 players at once? Thats hilarious, guess you really have been listening to someone whining a lot. Maybe if you implement that, you should implement a stronger penalty on boosted attacks, like say after 10, they cost 100 stamina per boost attack? Cos I dont imagine it was how you inteded it to be used either :)

4. geckomaster

geckomaster Member

I am sorry but this change is another bullshit move on LCN....

Attacks from: 140 attacks,2 punches in 1 hour Attacked first: 1 hour ago Last attacked: 1 minute ago

Attacks against: 2 attacks,2 hits,2 recent hits,1 punch,14 ambushes in 4 minutes Last attacked: 1 minute ago

I can be pummulled but only place 14 ambushes??? What is the use of this type of protection if you can't use it effectively to stop people from chaining????

Not only that, my costs substantially increased which again is another crappy move! It should have gone down as it did in the past!

Why not fix things that matter rather than changing things that WORK!!!!

susan c, Lil' Slim and susan leonard like this.
  5. Gypsy

Gypsy New Member

Why would such a stupid rule be put in place? To protect chainers and bullies from bushes that cost me money and stam as an only means of fighting them? When all they need to do to be protected from ambush is stopattacking! No, don’t stop attacking because Kano made it easy for us to play like shitheads.

Lil' Slim likes this.
  6. stephane giroux

stephane giroux New Member

You must have to be kidding me! Are you that dumb?? What am i suppose to do if i get chained attacked...wait for the cooldown or spend the cash i dont have only to protect myself from chainers! You are giving a big advantage to the stronger accoiunts. You do everything wrong as usual!! I guess you are listening to onyl a few chosen ones! What a waste! You are losing players fast!! WAKE UP and stop the stupid moves!! DO NOT touch the ambush feature!!!

susan c, Hobo and Lil' Slim like this.
  7. Flat Top

Flat Top New Member

Most folks bush at a normal rate this was put in place to prevent the auto bushing script users.
    Kill the scripts .
    I propose after 100'S of auto-bushes that someone gets an electric shock

8. cadi

cadi New Member

shame shame.. all the programming effort, the improvement made for the bin. Now someone can set 1 bush and use the remaining 9 without getting any penalty while still hiding behind ambushes. Not that a cash penalty would hurt anyway... if you need protection from the attacks - then take it maybe :)

Lil' Slim, Crazy Inuit and Trouble like this.
  9. Trouble

Trouble New Member

LOLOL i bet the super bush queens been sobbing in your inbox hu? i would suggest you leave shit alone if you can't stand your own decisions Kano .. you once again riding things out on the back of smaller players and the big ones are in favor as per usual .. well done NOT !!!

Lil' Slim and Crazy Inuit like this.
  10. Kelly K.

Kelly K. New Member

Absolutely amazing the way you back down to your own changes and improvements to the game once people start whining. Your game will close not because of one person but because of your own lack of balls to do something and stick with it.

susan c, Hobo, Lil' Slim and 2 others like this.
  11. Lil' Slim

Lil' Slim New Member

I am amazed at how silly you Kano peeps are! Again you are backing the whining SCRIPTERS for cash!

Crazy Inuit likes this.
  12. Kim H

Kim H New Member

When Kano chooses to ignore the TOU they wrote.........lmao this is a joke

13. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

a 180 degree turn to support script users crying victim and cash cronyism and favoritism (kano$$$), this is against conflict of interest and TOS !, I prefer cooldown rule which suits everyone perfectly. why? because script cheaters have sizable unbanked and banked cash to prolong their ambushes with script bot ! (refer to kano's stupidest newest change regarding the ramp-up cash penalty but the exception to when use of up to 10 multi-players rule, this is major f**k up, kano is given advantage to scripter once again )
    Kano you should NOT update the change today... stay with the same cooldown rule .... thank you

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  14. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

"In order to address that feedback and prevent Ambushes being overused through augmented play"

Why don't you stop the augmented play?
    Why wreck the only thing some people can use to fight back against bullies?

Can we now, have a frickin' blacklist like the Original Mob Wars had????

SMH - this is almost as bad as charging people 100fps to change the colour of their name in chats...

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I just want to clarify a few things. Firstly, the reason we are looking to move away from the cooldown to an increased cost is because the cooldown was negatively affecting and limiting players who were trying to defend themselves from repeat attacks by blocking them from placing new Ambushes when one was recently set off.

This new system will allow you to continue to set as many ambushes as you need without an arbitrary cooldown however if you repeatedly attempt to keep setting ambushes vs your opponent before they have set any off you will start to be monetarily penalized the next time you successfully place an ambush against them.

So what does this all mean? It means that everyone will have to use a bit of strategy when trying to place ambushes opposed to being able to make countless attempts. There is some leeway in terms of how many failed attempts you can incur before your cost will start to increase, so as long as you are not spamming ambush attempts you'll be fine.

In terms of how many ambushes you can have set vs opponents at any given time, there is no change here. If your max ambushes is currently 10 then it will be 10 when this change is released. So that means you can have 10 ambushes set vs a single opponent or 1 ambush set vs 10 different opponents or any combination between those 2 extremes.

We will be closely monitoring this change and the feedback we get from players about it. I completely understand there is some concern when adjusting a Defensive feature like this and we share that concern as well. Having said that we don't feel the cooldown was the right longterm solution to this issue.

16. Geoff Heretic Wild

Yet someone could attack me up to 5000 times a day with no penalty - with "augmented play" and collect $500,000 for every win. ( I know, chump change).

People with oodles of cash will have no problem your "increased costs" - no different than how the Godfather charges a penalty for listing someone repeatedly. The difference is - ambush is a defense mechanism and hitlisting an offensive one.

Maybe you guys should actually play the game - and do it anonymously - not in your "kano" syndicate and actually experience what happens some times.

Da Fluffy likes this.
  17. Geoff Heretic Wild

On another note, why when someone sets off an ambush, it no longer registers on the stats for attacks against that person until after I attack them - and only then it registers only the bushed after my attack/punch?

Yeah - this is a joke:

Too many recent Ambushes have put your opponent on high alert. You cannot set another Ambush until they let their guard down in 50 seconds.

How about do the same for when they attack you eh?

Too many recent Attacks have put your opponent on high alert. You cannot make another Attack until they let their guard down in 50 seconds.

LOL

18. Da Fluffy

Da Fluffy New Member

Wonder what is next. Only 5 attacks on the same person and then a cooldown could be their next smart move yup. If this is Kano's idea of stopping the cheaters Kano should really hire other people (nods).
    Grow some balls Kano and deal with the cheaters instead of doing what they ask you to do. Without mentioning a name: get rid of free chat colors testers and give the game a chance to be fun for everyone again.
    Thank you ;)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Flat Top and Geoff Heretic Wild like this.
  19. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

with script bot, so kano can see how bot cheats with multiplayers rule without cash ramp-up penalty.... that bot can go fast as opponents attack cheater (presume cheater has extremely large unbanked and banked cash)

GHI likes this.
  20. Hobo

Hobo Member

Kano has been making lots of bad decisions recently. I am surprised and shocked actually that the company that came up with such a great game is for some reason, doing their best to destroy it. Removing this. Removing that. Punishing players for this. Punishing players for that. To top it off lets through a color change in the mix for 100 fps. I will give them credit for reducing the SW time. That was a great idea but all other recent updates have left me scratching my head. :(

Ghostie likes this.