[LCN] Syndicate Quests July 18 - 22 Changelog

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

Nearly 60k energy needed to do my minimum on job quest. Lower levels have no chance. Pure greed, Kano.

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  2. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

rewards were not good, i will never play this event again

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  3. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

Anyone complete it and come out in profit?

Lmah and FancyPants like this.
  4. SefuLaBani

SefuLaBani Member

Yea.. everyone ive asked so far got 10 fps from Hard quests ( including me ) .. not nice considering prevision quests we all got 25 -100 fps from hard ones. Was the chance for 10 fps from the beginning? or you just droped the fps reward this time?

5. Luis Ferreira

Luis Ferreira Member

Won 35 FP And failed to complete 1 Hard Mission

35 Fp here = 2x10fp Medium and 1x15fp Hard

6. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks for updating the loot in the Medium Cases. However, the loot in the Easy Cases wasn't useful at all. Not for me at least. I still say you shouldn't put anything in a Case that is worse than the highest boss drop. If you feel the boss drops are calculated correctly, then that should be your baseline for rewards.
    Worthless to me:
    Kork Skrew 155 171
    Kanuzis 170 142

The Job Quest in Medium (5,000) or Hard (9,000) is difficult if you do not have enough lower level players. You adjusted the Hard goal, but did you adjust the Medium goal? I think it's the same as the last time. It should be reduced as well.

Overall, I came out with less FPs, less Cash (eh), and slightly better loot compared to the last Quest.

For the Syn contribution, you can do something quick and easy. Show Syn members and % achieved against each task. Then we can coach them as to which ones they should spend more focus on based on their level and skill point allocation.

Thanks.

7. Miles

Miles Member

What a joke in Quest prizes................
    Our synd only finished 5/6 as we got the stupid 9000 jobs as last hard quest
    4 x cash boosts .....your got to be kidding !!!
    4 x 500 energy (isnt it strange they are back in cases when all the saved cases people had saved before quests had basically none in them when they opened them during quest for jobs)
    1 x Kano warlord 104/152,....... good for level 100
    1 x kano konkusser 136/168 ......good for about a level 100
    1 x Dither truck 211/394 ...... for a med quest .....get real
    1 x Disgraced sidearm 360/195 for a med quest below average !!
    35 fp Plus 2 items worthwhile 584/321 and 652/301
    Why would anyone want to even contemplate spending fp's to get crap prizes like this.
    Kano you have had several months results on these quests how about listening to your customers and alter the ridiculous jobs quests down to an obtainable figure (buy a calculator and work out it cant be done unless everyone of the 25 players spend about 80 fp each)

Lmah, Sandy Barrows and Ghostie like this.
  8. J J

J J New Member

There doesn't seem to be much fairness or incentive to do better after this last Kano reward adjustment. We had players who did 3% get 20 FP's and players who did 13% get 10 FP's. You can still see your % so you should have ev1 who got over 10FP say what their % was.

Lmah likes this.
  9. Lydia

Lydia New Member

In the Syndicate Quest we found 7K fight wins more than a bit challenging. In Zombie Slayer it only required a fight action to count. Any chance this could be looked at for the future.

Hobo and Steven Jordan like this.
  10. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

My syndicate crushed quests on all iterations of the quests released. Admittedly we're 25 strong and have a committed player-base that are happy to plan resources and schedule our dailies around these events. Everyone in my synd came up good for profit - about 35fp+. As for people's fight problems, just level with people. Unmob, get the fights done and remob. Not an overly difficult task and use an order of magnitude less stam than the boss attacks. Jobs seem to be a stumbling block for many but with the top 4 cities option it allows us to just about do it. Certainly much improved over the first time they did a Jobs Quest.

Yeah, item jobs have been less than stellar but still there are some useful ones mixed in. I guess the prevailing theme with both the quest & regular loot cases is that most of the drops are kinda ehh. Would be nice to be able to extract some value from the stuff we can't use. Like I know you're not fans of letting us get free fp's (lest we forget cologne-gate) but being able to use them for a potential craft/small fp value relative to the going rate of items would be nice. ie 1080 totals (att + def) is 30fp, so 500 total items might be worth 3fp or something. Just a thought.

Lmah and mi7ch like this.
  11. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

:);):p:Do_O

12. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

upload_2019-8-17_21-14-51.png
    Just in case people were potentially doubting the ability to finish quests early.

The reduction in jobs in the medium tier certainly helped the quests move along, but I think 5k would have been doable in a fairly similar time frame. That being said, a combination of Jobs Medium and Jobs Hard with Jobs Hard opening last would have been a rather less comfortable combination. A few people in Kongregate floated the question of "Can you get repeat tasks in the same season?". The answer is most certainly yes, although this fact was eluded to in previous changelogs/feedback posts on quests. Suggestions for future quests:

1) If we have a certain type of quest, maybe prevent that type appearing the following tier. This would allow for a bit of breathing space to regen stocks when you complete the first quest. It's just if you have say Jobs Medium and then Jobs Hard then there would be essentially dead time at the start of the new quest where you can't do anything as your energy reserves are tapped.

For example, if you have jobs/boss fights in Easy, then don't allow them into the random pool for Medium. I think this would particularly benefit smaller synds/lower level players where they can't stock resources as quickly. This would also help keep momentum in quest progression.

2) A completion time for each quest would be nice to complement the internal feedback for players. I'm assuming you guys are keeping track of this, and the automated syndboard posts do allow us to keep track of relative timings. But a handy timestamp on the quest header would a nice feature.

3) More hitlists please. This is more personal than a general synd-wide feeling, but all the hitlists going on during the quest period certainly made for some exciting play. [As an aside, more standard list achievements would be nice too to encourage more listing on a regular basis. Honorable lists I don't think need more but I'm not war mode and am at a level where honorable lists are prohibitive cost-wise to do regularly]

Either way, quests are great and with some organisation you can do them fp free too. It's a challenge doing the organising but well herded cats are a force to be reckoned with :p

Michael Wheet likes this.
  13. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Is there a sell by date on opening the crates

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Good feedback, thanks for typing this up! I'll be sure to pass it along to the rest of the team for discussion. Worth noting that your first suggestion is basically how it already works, but reversed.

The game rolls the Hard Quest tier first, then Medium, the Easy, and prevents duplicate Quest types where it can. There are only so many Quest types so you do end up with a repeats on occasion, but if your Syndicate rolls a Hard Jobs Quest then it won't roll a Medium or Easy one.

Nope, Cases will be around as long as you hang on to them.

15. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

So the loot in the Easy Cases continue to be worthless. Which is interesting? since the very first quest, the loot in the easy cases were better.
    First LCN Quest, Easy Case:
    Fancy_Quest_Crates_Easy_1stQuest.jpg
    Second LCN Quest, Easy Case:

Fancy_Quest_Crates_Easy_2ndQuest.jpg

Third LCN Quest, Easy Case:
    Fancy_Quest_Crates_Easy_3rdQuest.jpg

And the most recent LCN Quest, Easy Case:
    Fancy_Quest_Crates_Easy_4thQuest.jpg

The Easy Case loot in the first Quest was far superior to the next 3 Quests. Why is this? As has been mentioned before, the loot in these cases shouldn't be worse than the highest boss drop. And these clearly are.

Please refresh the items for the next Quest and for Raid loot cases as well.

Thanks.