[LCN] Not open for further replies.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by IpeeFreely, May 17, 2019.

1. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

Thread Status:

Not open for further replies.

Total pig move.

BLACKSPIDER likes this.
  2. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

In all fairness they answered most of the points regarding the pawn shop matter and said they'd be sending out a TGIF News later so I assume the conversation will move there. Whether the post(s) comments were locked because moving the conversation will attract fewer replies/interest is a matter for conspiracy theorists...

Just tell all your friends to reply on the TGIF. See if they lock that one off as well ;)

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We've answered the pertinent points of the Pawn Shop issue so far, and have moved on to restoring player's accounts where applicable.

We have no issues talking about the fallout of the PS or what lead to it, but now that we've moved on to account-by-account correcting, we don't have much further we can talk about publicly without disclosing account information which we are always reticent to do.

We understand that there is still some frustration, but given that we've disclosed all we can and can provide limited answers going forward, this seemed like the best move to not have the conversation get lost on us, especially as we head into the weekend.

In fairness, we have been closing the TGIF for many weeks prior to this. Due to some thread hijacking that was going on, we made the decision to close those to comments in order to keep the focus on the updates contained in the TGIF.

4. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

Well you know which questions you didn't answer?

Will you items/power balancing be sorted for syndicate wars (sw)? Yes and no from the looks of it. Yes in that items have been removed (and in time for sw start) but no in that levels, skills, xp and achievements/raid leaderboards haven't been.

Will action be taken to redress the boss drops gained either actively/passively from raids killed by people using the cologne-fp loop? If not, will those in raids unable to hit minimums be getting any compensation for the missed raids? This sticks with me as I was burnt and I mean burnt at the end of the 4th day crunch saving raids for syndicate members and friends. Because at the moment I'm getting punished in 3 different ways; No xp/skills from the PS exploit, missed raids due to people using the exploit and lower leaderboard position(s). I'm not including fp's I lost in "punishment" but I never really expected to keep them.

I must agree with Executioner on this though, seemed a bit of a premature cut for comments on that thread. Even if both the raid shop threads have been "derailed" ever so slightly. Whether that constitutes as a pig move remains out for debate.

As for comments being closed on TGIF, I had noticed. Consider the last bit/all of my previous on this comment trolling. Or maybe don't, I might be the conspiracy theory type...

5. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

What a great move. Not open for further dicussions, not even a sorry for removing 500+ fp from aacounts and leaving accounts without gear at the START of sw, meaning players go into sw without fp Or full loadout. Amazing jobs (enter a lot of swearwords here)

Archmetal and Reesy901 like this.
  6. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

FP is understandable!... but leaving alot of players missing a loadout weapon/'s moments before synwars started?, that's going to flood their ticket system.
    That is the point of why close the thread?!, it would be easier to address the issue here.

7. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

I had roughly 800 fvps for raids when all is said and done. I got 50 fvps back, not happy.

Archmetal likes this.
  8. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

So err with comments closed on TGIF (which of course none of us saw coming) where do we post any lingering questions about Pawn Shop fallout?

The only reason I'm posting in here is to try and minimise the number of tickets going to support, aka trying to keep off supports back about this! I feel the questions put forward are perfectly reasonable and I don't see why people who got 100+ levels are less game breaking than someone who got 10-15k stronger from box items.

Oh and a bit of math for those interested, a full refurb of items to at least a 30fp standard would be maximum 1,800,000 Favour points. Of course that's assuming just 30*6000, it would be probably a few hundred less owing to strong raid/previously bought items. But I imagine if you wanted a pure limited item/legendary loadout you're still looking at the best part of 1 million favour points.

1,000,000 across 400 players though is a about 2500 each. I got about 1,000 - kong average seems to be between 1-2k so I assume facebook having discovered earlier rattled out considerably more. That said if we took facebook average as somewhere ~6,000 fp's then they'd be knocking on 1% to a pure limited/legendary loadout.

9. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Sounds like I missed out on all the fun with my grand total of 5 raids. As I am arriving very late to this party let me see if I fully understand, due to an error of Kano's own doing some players identified a loop hole which potentially provided them large numbers of FP. I would say that those players who believed this to be some hidden bonus Kano was providing the players are quite naive or simply playing dumb. This is the same Kano that removed stacking of rewards and limits the total amount of energy/stamina you can hold at one time just for the sack of getting us to spend a few extra FP on refills. If it seems to good to be legit it probably isnt. I would strongly encourage everyone to join my one man protest and stop buying FPs and stop making raids a huge money maker. There is only one way to get your voice heard and that is by impacting the bottom line. For example I received a note from Kano weeks ago saying someone would be contacting me shortly regarding some feedback I provided them. Well I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone that I'm still waiting. I think Kano may have catfished me.

Gazzaaaa, Reesy901 and Kirsten like this.
  10. Numptywaller

Numptywaller Member

Deleting thread and comments. Banning people from posting and prohibiting discussion of topics is not customer service. its dictatorship. Until and unless someone at Kano starts to understand that running a business, even over the internet, needs a basic comprehension of words humility, customer service and respect then the writing is on the wall. Your customers do have a choice. And you are not gods.

Archmetal and IpeeFreely like this.
  11. Any name I wish

Any name I wish New Member

"Deleting thread and comments" For sure yes, ten seconds after I posted in a recent thread the thread was gone. "My dear Horatio - Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

12. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

Kanno apps is doing amazing job at juggling damage control & dealing with the the hack. So give them a break, there ppl just like anyone else, working hard at trying to preserve the game you love to play.

Gazzaaaa likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Customer service is tickets sent to support not screaming and crying in the forum. So don't play don't spend money, ya think this is the first time something went wrong or kano did something we all did not like, want or need. We all have a choice whether to play or not to play, but I find it odd that people did not question what others were able to take advantage of no questions asked. But then again i don't find it odd.

Gazzaaaa likes this.
  14. Ashley227

Ashley227 New Member

Saw some postes about this and OMG surprise you all got screwed by mi7ch. The guy has always been a overprivledged jerk IMO, which is why he treats some players like dirt. Aside from the fact that player let him do this and still support him. Find other games to play look up txt based games I switched to a few others that have hunting features. Oh btw mi7ch...why is Smack allowed to level almost 4k times As a staff member shouldn't they have known it was mistake and report it rather than have friends take advantage? SOOOOOOOO glad to see kano get what they deserve. Enjoy mistreating people and pullout your money before monday comes mi7ch:p;)

15. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

I think it is laughable that people try to relate online gaming to a retail store. In the online business, we are the PRODUCT, not the customer. A closer analogy would be raising cows for beef. Sure you tend them, feed them, keep them interested. And it is bonus if you can milk them and get profit from the dairy market. But bottom line is we are a steak on someone's table. We do decide if we are going to be Kobi beef, gristly hamburger, or die before we make it to the butcher shop.
    For now, I'm gristly hamburger. I play the game, give minimum info out, and don't buy any FP. I've worked hard all the same but have seen players start at the same time as me get 5-6x larger. I'm guessing they are Kobi with LOTS of dairy. LOL

BLACKSPIDER, Kirsten and Gazzaaaa like this.
  16. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

There is no reason for you too blast out on Mi7ch like that Ashley he is only the Messenger believe it or not! an you are being rude an disrespectful like that, if you wanna complain about something go to the actual owner of the kano developers so until then shut your face up! It is Not Kano fault that you guys found a fkin Exploit in the game an you guys took advantage of it so there is no need for you players to keep on bishin about something that is not there fault on there end, an I will say this I understand on what they have done even removing the Weapons outta of yall inventory for the simple fact is the FPs was not your's to begin without a simple glitch an a misunderstand! so therefore any fps spent an gaining during that is Understandable! Cause if you guys keep your weapons on what you bought with fps thru a glitch in the system that can still cause the game to be unbalance an a Disadvantage too other players! so Next Time Think before ya speak! STOP BEING RUDE TO THE MESSENGER!

IpeeFreely, Crazy Inuit and Gazzaaaa like this.
  17. Kirsten

We don't even buy anything tangible, we buy virtual nothings lol

Steven Jordan likes this.
  18. Numptywaller

Numptywaller Member

A lot of questionable comments from people who were not affected and who obviously don't know what was going on but think they missed out. You didn;t so calm down. Go an read the whole thing and note that it wasn't an exploit or a glitch or the fault of the players. It was Kanos fault, they eventually admitted it. Mine is resolved satisfactorily and now I have a special 3000 mob all armed with atom bombs and kryptonite armour while driving starship enterprise battlecruisers. All free and invincible. Cheers. Whine about that in the forum.

Ghostie likes this.
  19. While that is for all matters and purposes true, everyday Real Life is hugely contingent on "virtual nothings" to function properly.

Government prints fiat money, little slips of paper (and for most of it, not even paper), which we work for and use without a second thought, even if it has no inherent value in itself.

Why? Because we put our trust in it; because it is hugely efficient compared to the vast majority of the alternatives, and (most of the time) the system works.

The same is the case with the Favor Points here. Kano can remove em and dole em out on a whim, but (for the most part) they follow a certain set of rules, so we've put a (limited) amount of trust in it.

The cologne affair was a huge threat to that trust, so even if Kano have no one to blame for this but themselves, it is quite understandable that they needed to do something to rectify the situation.

Kano's handling of it has become an overreach though, in that several players have had their pre-cologne affair FP removed as well. That is straight up theft on Kano's part, and another huge threat to the aforementioned trust in it's own right.

20. Kirsten

I would imagine if they send a ticket and talk directly to kano, anything they actually spent money of as far as FP's would be returned, but Maybe not the ones they got using the token ones used for FP's and then those they received from leveling using those favor points again because of tokenitem, that will be on an individual nature, I imagine and Kano will deal with each person individually. But honestly I cannot imagine some thought Oh wow, Kano gave us this . lol

Steven Jordan likes this.