Lounge/Tavern Chat Sunset Announcement

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bully thor, May 13, 2019.

1. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

so tavern going? does that mean people banned in tavern going to be banned in world chat

2. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

My only thought (Before this link gets eliminated because apparently no posts were allowed on the "sunset" post)...

It is a game killer. Lack of communication will be a game-killer.

I predict that within a couple months of shutting down ability to converse in tavern, etc, the play will be down, the revenues will be down.

Sure a lot of crap talking goes on in Tavern, but ending the ability for anyone/everyone to communicate within the game will aid in killing it.... Just my thought, - PDD

3. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

world chat

4. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

They really need to keep the Lounge going but Just ban players who are really abusive in chat! cause there is a few right now on there being abusive on server 1 Mob Wars!

5. Justin the killer

Edit: only reason they are being this way now cause they know the lounge is coming too an end an you see all the real players on what they are!

6. Steven Hoover

Steven Hoover New Member

It's gonna suck not having anyone to chat with without having to stop play to keep sending in game messages to people as my WC is still banned. On one hand, it may be a good thing that it is disappearing as there won't be a lot of the talk we see from people in there. Like one person calling others a 'cvnt' (you might know who does that). But there are times when an actual 'civil' conversatin goes on in there. Usually though those don't last too long as someone has to come in and ruin it with the regular, negative talk. And yes, I'll admit that I do come in with the negative talk sometimes. But oh well! It was fun while it lasted!!!

7. Justin the killer

this really sucks too cause i was looking forward into keeping the Lounge Chat cause i like that area alot better then world chat :( but now cause of these toxic players who are being very personal about everything ruins it for us Decent an Fair Players of the game..

8. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

Bru repeats what I said. Nothing to add. lol. ?

My point remains. Ability of folks to talk in a game is important. I think shutting down communication is a huge negative. A "bigly" mistake, as it were. :)

Justin the killer likes this.
  9. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

We aren't children here. I didn't see any problem with the PC Tavern. Please reconsider this decision. Chat is part of the lifeblood of the game.

diva of destruction and Pinhead like this.
  10. Justin the killer

better Idea why not go ahead an shut down Mob Wars on Facebook what is the point in keeping Lounge Closed knowing we cant talk to our ingame mobbies who are fair players? cause you not banning the scripts/bots or people who are being Brutal in chat might of well JUST DO IT! (Take Note or this you are also gonna be losing a fair amount of fair players who does nothing wrong) Good Job

PimpDaddyDuke likes this.
  11. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

12. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

When world chat becomes Tavern Chat, that'll be sunsetted too?

Justin the killer likes this.
  13. Steven Hoover

Steven Hoover New Member

The whole point of the Tavern was, if my understanding of the Tavern creation is correct, was so that trash talking could be done in the Tavern and the WC was to be for more 'civilized' talk. But now the Tavern has become toxic from, as far as I can tell/see, a heated rivalry amongst certain factions in VC.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  14. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

On the other hand without having to police OUR childish behavior perhaps they will be better able to concentrate on the real problems.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  15. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

I only play LCN and PC but Lounge and Tavern are two VERY different chats, ofc trash talk is going on in PC Tavern chat at times but its nowhere near the Lounge.....Problem is that Kano should have banned the initial bad mouths real hard to make a point then peeps wd have learned to keep it decent

Kirsten likes this.
  16. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

--Heated rivalries are crucial to a wargame No Rivalries, no action, game gets sleepy and folks migrate away till there is a point of no return.

--PS, to CCC, SHOULD have invested in SRPT instead, Dog... :)

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Omg this really blows chunks,

Old Salt and Justin the killer like this.
  18. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

So instead of banning a few bad actors, you just shut down the chat for everyone? Boo. It will take away from the game IMO. I don't use it a lot, but I do read it, and just blocked the few I didn't want to see. It is not that hard.

19. Steven Hoover

Steven Hoover New Member

Yeah. Heated Rivalries are crucial to a wargame. I get that. But look at how things have spun out in there. All people see in there is constant accusations about one thing or another. Then the 'mud' starts to get flung and those who would want to use the Tavern are turned off but it. Everything from accusations of cheating, calling out people for spending money on a game as if it was against the rules to do so, derogatory and inflammatory name calling (yeah, I've done that a LOT so no need to call me out on it), and just overall badmouthing of players characters has made it something far from what I think the Admins wanted it to be.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Justin the killer

Just bring back World Chat Speakers an charge a great amount of a price an after awhile they may turn away from the Chat the toxic brutal players. Just a Suggestion