[PC] Armada Quests Beta 2 Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2019.

1. June

June New Member

Not having to remember to switch between quests is very nice, however, locking us out of all but two quests at a time is really aggravating. Sitting around and waiting for challenges to complete is not my idea of fun, especially when there are 40 of them to complete. 500 helps, even for a full armada is time consuming, given everybody is on different schedules. But, our armada could be working on something else. And the fact there will be nothing if and when we complete these 6 quests? We were motivated to finish the quests because there was another set waiting! I would take the frustration of switching back and forth between quests and unlock more than 2 quests at a time to get more quests when completing a set! I hope you haven't downgraded to rewards, too!

Mabest and neill1990 like this.
  2. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

u remember this covers challenge helps also, and they are not limited for help to 35 times...

Smack and JADES like this.
  3. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well if they do downgrade the rewards, Don't Expect me an my Allies we may never play that crap again...espically when we are busting our arses managing to get it done so we deserve good Loot including favor points outta of it too since the last time we did the quest we got good fps an loot :)

4. Schreck

Schreck New Member

Pretty sure the bar for Adventures was set way too high. 7,500 isnt reachable unless the whole armada dumps a crap load of favor points.

5. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Liked the way you had it the first time :) the only change i see that was needed was getting rid of having to manually switch :rolleyes: you OVER tweaked it :( and only being able to do it one time is :mad: o_O:confused:

6. Alain Tremblay

Alain Tremblay New Member

We just open the first "Hard" quest. U serious? Complete 7500 adventures? In ur highest location? U should rename the category "Hard" to "impossible". Very desapointing that Kano creating new things impossible to do. Are they just stupid?

7. Zombiefried

Zombiefried Member

Does the Battle Bosses 500,000 times not recognize a battle with the world bosses? When this Armada Quest opened it did not register my power attacks on either world boss. Sure is AWESOME that the switch has disappeared :)

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Good catch @Zombiefried. World Boss attacks currently do not contribute as you have noted. We are going to release a change right now so that these will be picked up.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

9. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

Holding main thoughts off until the end but the main one im seeing irresponsible is the 500k boss attacks. with the new style of the other quests being hidden its safe to say by day 3 or 4 people will unlock hard quests. With only a couple days remaining at that point it takes quite an excessive amount of attacks to reach the total. The single attack way i think was better as it took the same amount of time to achieve but did not require such a large amount of stamina.

The main problem people had last time was not the amount of stam that we needed to spend but rather the amount of time it took. It has gotten worse from the looks of it though. Now it requires both a large amount of time and lots of refills/stam. There are several people well over lvl 10k without 7500 stam. Get an armada bundled with both boss attacks and adventures, they will not complete it by the time the event is over which is a shame. As mentioned last time around rerolls could remedy this new problem a bit but we dont have the ability to do so but do have the ability to do it on daily quests we get personally. Having rerolls locked to the leader and/or officers would prevent people from trolling and changing last minute of completion... but then again why would any leader or head of an armada want to sab themselves out of rewards so i highly doubt a reroll would be called from any of the higher ups.

10. jack jones

jack jones New Member

managed all 6 but the 500000 bosses at the end is tight in the time .Hope the rewards are going to make it worth while.

11. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

What a waste of time that was - what did i gain ? It didnt even show me the chest contests

12. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Oh it did - totally disappointing - dont run this again for me

13. Schreck

Schreck New Member

Yeah, you have to accept the reward and then open each chest. lol

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  14. neill1990

The rewards are very good. the items it drops are top tier including crate items, looter and a custom midsummer set which ship is second to none. Its one of the best out there especially for free to play players. Completing all 6 quests guarantees every person in the armada 70fp minimum with chance drops that can total to ~200. i got 120 fp this time around with several crate tier items, if you convert those into fp totals its several hundred worth that id need to have spent to get equivalent. the armada is rewarded very nicely for their efforts.

mi7ch likes this.
  15. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

We finished 5 out of 6, got a total of 75 FPs which was nice ofc, items was good too but let`s be honest....The tickets and gold boosts needs to be gone from rewards. A "chance" at winning a lottery?!? And cash we can hunt down in a few minutes.....THAT sucks tbh

And the 7500 adventure was a wee bit too much don`t you think?

Justin the killer likes this.
  16. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

Only Changes that need to be made in the Quest is that you need to remove the Adventures cause that is very hard to get for each time you click on the location you are in to do it, you are only getting 1 point per hit which means for example 1/7500 for each Hit ya do! an that is something that either needs to be removed or Changed in the Future cause not everyone is able to do that even with a full armada or Half Armada! an that is my FeedBack!

Pinhead likes this.
  17. neill1990

Forgot to make a post regarding the end.

Overall there were more steps taken back then forward. only 2/3 days to complete them but excusable since its only a trial run not finalized. With that said, having all but easy locked at first i dont think is a wise decision. The hard ones are generally the ones players want to tackle first since they require the most amount of time/effort to complete. Especially when it comes to assists and challenges. Having 2/3 rerolls (tier specific possibly) that is locked to only the leader or to both the leader and officers. This would give the armada more choice and options for what they want to complete and how. A player reroll daily challenges so quest should have something similar.

The negative that i feel has still not been addressed is, lets say an armada gets an easy medium and hard challenge or assist quest. The time these take in comparison to the others is quite high. Challenges as a whole still need to be looked at and changed... but that is a different problem with lingering effects bleeding over to this event. Have made several posts regarding the problem, going in depth about them and not really a need to do so here as it would be repeating the same info without adding much.

The negative is the boss battle attacks required. Before people were not complaining about the amount of attacks needed but rather the amount of time it took since the actions no matter stam spent equated to the same progress of 1 action. Bosses took the biggest step back in that now it required an insane amount of stam while still requiring the same amount of clicks and thus time to complete. The problem is shown to be a concern due to changes made to them but they have not been solved due to the back-step that they have gotten. Armadas that do not focus on high stam and energy will not be able to complete or will have to spend a decent amount of fp average per player to complete the quests. If this could be addressed again that would further shape the quests for the better. A couple solutions are listed below:

Toning the quest required stam down to these numbers -

easy: 50 000 (average 2 500 stam per player)
    Medium: 125 000 (average 5k stam per player spent)
    Hard: 250 000 (requires a full armada to have average of 10k stam spent per player balancing this out a bit)

These numbers are a bit more reasonable in terms of time to complete and required stam that must be sunk into bosses.

A different solution would be to call the boss quests - boss actions - . Changing the way it works a bit to be similar to the first run. Doing this would assist any tier armada wanting to complete the quests so that no matter the level of people in the armada, Completion is more obtainable. The actions would be defined as shown below -
    1 stam - 1 action
    2 stam - 2 actions
    3 stam - 3 actions
    4 stam - 4 actions

5 stam - 1 action
    10 stam- 2 actions
    15 stam - 3 actions
    20 stam - 4 actions

Having the types of attacks a player does converted into actions would put them more in line with the rest of the quests in that they are capable of being completed by any tier armada given they have a high amount of active members. With 500k+ stam derived from boss attacks needed, a armada of pre 10k's would have a very hard time gathering together that amount of stam to sink into bosses. This armada would however be able to be on the same playing field in regards to being able to complete X amount of challenges, assists, adventures and battles. The only one a lower tier alliance is not on level playing field with the rest is stam on boss attacks.

adventures requiring 7500 on hard is doable but is a challenge and acceptable since that fits with a hard quest and an armada isnt required to spend fp but it can be a bit too hard at times when a higher level player is required to sink a minimum of 250+ energy into a adventure when a lower level player is only needing 50 or so, varied by level. If this was unlocked to accept any adventure and the hard number went up to 18 750 adventures needed so that every player needs to average 750 adventures by the end of the week in any variation of either lower end ones or higher. Changing it over to energy input would lead to the same problem as boss stam required bringing it back to square 1. Energy input would favor only the very high account builds which then brings the problem of boss attack stam required. From my experience there are not many players with over 10k energy and 7500 stam let alone an entire 25 member armada of these players. most usually have 7500 by level 15k and at that level about 5 000 - 7 500 energy. Having any adventure count with a higher requirement would still require a high amount of time and possibly more if total actions needed gets increased to compensate for any adventure counting.

have to think a bit more over the event and might have more to add but the main problem im seeing is the boss stam required and potentially adventures. The willingness to change form the first iteration to the second is a good sign. The event has a lot of potential but needs some ironing out. Given another couple runs with tweaks, adjustments on the quests and it will turn into a very solid event for people to strive in completing weekly or monthly.

--------------------

EDIT: Typed the post up but didnt like how it was not the clearest so have revamped a lot of it for better clarity.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  18. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Please excuse the complete newbie question. But is this still a thing? If so are they on a schedule? I'm new to all this stuff having not played pc in years. But since I find myself playing on server 1 I'm trying to get up to speed.

I see the quest tab, but no mention of when in the month to be looking for it.

Thank you,

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It is definitely still a thing! We are currently running through tests in the other games and tuning up some stuff before we fully release it. After that the plan is to have them on a recurring schedule.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  20. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mi7ch likes this.