TGIF! Development News for January 25, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 26, 2019.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

We have a rather stuffed TGIF for you this week with server news, the return of the Piggy Bank and more, so let’s get right to it:

Server and Latency Update

This week we upgraded some of our server hardware that had been running for a few years. The reason we upgraded is because the new hardware promised better performance, however this had significant configuration changes that needed to be ironed out. The migration of our other servers (such as the Memcache server from a couple weeks ago) went smoothly, but this past update had a few additional wrinkles that needed to be addressed. We didn’t anticipate any of this being player-facing, unlike the Memcache replacement which would have visible effects.

As you may have noticed we had periods of higher latency (ie: lag) as we worked through configuration issues. This has since been fixed up and we now have the new servers performing well. Aside from the latency, there were no issues with data loss and we will continue to monitor server performance and make adjustments as needed to ensure that your gaming experience is not compromised by infrastructure issues.

We thank you for your patience while we work through performance and stability improvements.

The Piggy Bank Returns

Next week in Zombie Slayer and Viking Clan, the Piggy Bank promotion will be coming back with a few adjustments to make it a bit more friendly and easier to understand. Let’s go over some of what will be going on next week.

When the Piggy Bank ended last time, we heard from a lot of players that they thought they would be able to open their banks after the time limit was up, and that they didn’t know the bank would disappear.

We agree that this could have been clearer, so from 9 am Pacific on January 28 to 9 pm Pacific on January 29, if you had more than 25 FP/UN in your Piggy Bank when it ended last time, you will be given an opportunity to open your Piggy Bank to get that FP/UN. Just like the last time, this will cost $5 USD. During this time you will not be able to add anything to your Piggy Bank, this is so you can have an opportunity to get anything you had in there from the last run.

From 9 am Pacific January 30 to 9 pm Pacific February 1, we will be running a regular Piggy Bank event. This means that a portion of the FP/UN you use will be stored in the Piggy Bank. Once it reaches 25, and to a maximum of 250, you can pay $5 USD to open the bank and get the FP. Every time you open the bank, the rate of return on your FP/UN goes down a little bit, so make sure to break wisely!

We’ve also made efforts to update the in-game information screen for the bank to make sure that it’s very clear when the Piggy Bank goes away and any other pertinent information you need to know is there.

Mobile Job/Adventure/Outbreak Response Update

Earlier this week we released a re-work of the older Adventure screen for our mobile apps. We cleaned it up, removed the pop-up animation, and generally just made it more efficient.

Our goal here was to keep the same amount of information, display it more intelligently and make better use of the screen real-estate.

Here’s a shot of the new screen from Mob Wars: LCN:

[​IMG]

If you have any feedback about this update, definitely let us know!

Frozen User Count:

Lame Joke of the Week

A grizzley bear walks into a bar and asks the bartender: “Can I get a……….martini?”

The bartender asks “Why the big paws?”.

Jimmyjamzit likes this.
  2. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

mi7ch We have a rather stuffed TGIF for you this week with server news, the return of the Piggy Bank and more, so let’s get right to it:
    Only again with creditcard! to break it!

Attached Files:

3. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

Piggy Bank Seriously again??? if we are purchasing items we should get the piggy bank Free once we hit the max cap!! that is just my suggestion an my opinion!

The Navigator likes this.
  4. Jimmyjamzit

Jimmyjamzit New Member

I really like the latest mobile update...would like to see a few more upgrades..(ie) boss rewards....info on boss rewards and actual received do not match. Help info in bosses is outdated. New players are being confused. Piggy Bank sounds great but don't understand why we have to pay twice??? Have a great weekend guys. Thanks for all You do.
    JM Boss Of Dons:);) :))

5. Randy Jenkins

Randy Jenkins Active Member

They need to change the way we heal in syndicate wars on the mobile app little hard to stop attacks having to click three times per heal

Rita Gypsy likes this.
  6. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

kill the pig

Gerriattrix and The Navigator like this.
  7. Schreck

Schreck New Member

Really? Still no mention of Guild/Armada Quests when several people keep asking.

Erik Peterson likes this.
  8. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

Wow. Kano have really set a new record here. When we use UN/FP, some of it goes away to Piggy bank. When we use A LOT of UN/FP, we are allowed to take those few FP back- no, BUY them back.
    I compared the prices, and buying those 25 FP costs 5$. Buying Kreds to get 25FP costs 6,20$. So yay, a discount of 24%... The numbers seem reasonable, but somehow you make it look really shady and suspicious, I wonder why…:rolleyes:

EDIT: I just noticed your "Limited offer" puts your Piggy bank to shame. Why waste 5$ to get 25 FP, when we have the "Limited" offer which gives us 150FP and some other shit for the price of 9,90$.
    Your Piggy bank is far from reasonable.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    FancyPants and Rick B like this.
  9. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

So never seeing this Piggy Bank before and I play all the games, is this something that is mandatory? After reading here what others say I don't want to pay $5.00 plus the little fee for Canada exchange. I can just straight out buy FP or UN :rolleyes:

10. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

Wow, the Piggy Bank rip-off again? If you want to buy 25 FP's, you can buy them directly for $5. If you want to earn the 25 FP's back and then pay $5 for the "privilege" of breaking the bank, you have to actually use way more then you'll get back (sorry, I don't know the exact # you'd have to use to get 25 back but it's a lot). But the math is simple if you use your brain.......if you're gonna spend money to buy FP's, buy them directly. You don't have to use your FP's to earn a small percentage back and you'll probably end up with more overall since you won't have to use any to get them back.

Dover likes this.
  11. tuck62

tuck62 New Member

I still got the lag bad.

12. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Will there be in-game instructions this time? You guys claim to have over 2 million playing your apps, but there's less than 42,000 forum members... i guess the other 1,958,000 people that don't use the forum don't deserve to know the rules?
    Kano...you make me laugh, let's bring back an unpopular feature instead of the widely popular stacking feature which people are actually asking for.
    Why is this still on the kano apps website when week in week out you strive to prove otherwise.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If you attack a opponent 1 time, then there is a heal button on screen to click 1 time for 1 heal, it's a work around instead of the top heal button.

Steven Jordan likes this.
  14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I just want to clarify a few things about the Piggy Bank. The minimum you can break the bank for is 25 FP/UNC for $5 but the maximum return you can get from the Piggy Bank is 250 FP/UNC for $5 which is a pretty dang good offer. If you max your bank out that is 2 cents per FP/UNC. But you are all correct, you can just purchase FP/UNC directly which is perfectly fine, however if you are already spending FP/UNC on refills and other games actions you will have an opportunity to pay less for FP than you normally would when the event runs on VC/ZS this week between Wednesday & Friday.

There was also a comparison to the Starter packs and you are right those are really good deals we offer *once* to players that no longer appear after you purchase them. Different players will have different options and it is up the individual to decide which offers and packages speak to them.

As for is it mandatory, of course not. You have the option to break the bank or not, it is completely up to you. However your bank will automatically accrue FP/UNC as you spend them while the event is running.

15. TPF

TPF New Member

Mi7ch, Smack, are there gonna be other payment options available in the piggy bank or is still the only option CC?

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I had one key left over, I believe, but I know someone else who had 2, there is no collect button for the XP we used to get for unused keys, I thought I remember it was changed to automatic as far as getting XP back ?? am I right or am I wrong??

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Which network do you play on? But this will largely be CC payments. I do know that depending on your locale that Facebook has a range of payment options like Debit, PayPal, Phone, etc etc.

18. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

M7ch be more clear about the payment options inside the piggy bank and do not keep turning around ball sever1 server2 server3 payment options available in the piggy bank to break it , many would like to see some examples of the screenshot of Payment. (why there are different payment options in the game at fp and not at the piggy bank!

19. TPF

TPF New Member

yeah would like to know too why there are multiple payment options for buying FP in the game, but only CC for breaking the piggy bank. During the event, everyone who puts FP onto their accts by paying through Paypal, Paysafe, Ideal etc etc cant eventually break it because of not having a CC.

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

What payment provider are you using? Super Rewards?

Some Facebook players can use PayPal however I don't think we will have support for Paysafe or Ideal. The payment options available are the same that we offer during our sales like the Ale Sale running in LCN right now.

Unfortunately Super Rewards can only be used to purchase FP/UNC and cannot handle these dynamic bundles such as our sale bundles or the Piggy Bank.

These are the payment options available for the Piggy Bank. Each of these providers accept CC, some accept other forms of payment as well.

Facebook
    Facebook Payments

Kanoplay Server 1 & 2
    Stripe Payments - (CC only)

Kongregate
    Kong Payments

Armor Games
    Stripe Payments - (CC only)