TGIF! Development News for December 14, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 14, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

The Holidays may be approaching, but we’re not slowing down! We have some meaty updates this week, so let’s hop into what’s new and upcoming in development news:

Armada Quests Beta Test

Next week in Pirate Clan we're going to be trying out a new feature we've been working on called Armada Quests!

[​IMG]

We tested this internally this week and we're going to be giving it a trial run starting next Monday, December 17 until Friday, December 21 (subject to change, but this is the current plan).

Armada Quests will ask players to work with their Armada members to achieve a variety of goals ranging from Easy to Hard with a big prize payout (including guaranteed FP!) at the end.

If this test goes well we will be releasing this feature to all games in early 2019. Pirate Clan, look out for more news about Armada Quests next week!

December Raid Events

Zombie Slayer, your Holiday Raid Event is on now! Band together with your other Slayers and complete the goals Commander Claus has set out for you to earn Holiday Loot Chests.

Pirate Clan, you can now collect your rewards on the Raids page.

Mob Wars, the Christmas Don makes his return next week!

[​IMG]

Daily Rewards Update

We've made an update to the Daily Rewards that will allow you to collect your boost if you're currently above your maximum Stamina or Energy (to a limit of 60% Stamina and 100% Energy).

We're still reviewing data about Daily Rewards and making updates as feedback comes in.

New Content

As a final note, new Holiday Crates are now available! Reminder: pick up the 3-pack of Master Crates for a guaranteed Legendary item.

Frozen User Count:

Lame Joke of the Week

What is blue and not heavy at all?

Light blue!

Sallyann Bradford likes this.
  2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

for a max of 60% stam and 100% energy. does this mean you can collect as long as you are under that threshold or does it mean even if you collect any that go over the new cap will be lost similar to lvls?

example:
    personal stam: 1000
    current stam(post daily boost collection): 1599

With 1599 since that is under 60% over your cap would that mean if collecting a daily reward boost the new total would be 2199 or would it be 1600 with the rest lost? then after or at the 60% cap of collecting you would get the prompt to spend X amount of stam before collecting.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is correct.

If you were at 1599 and then you collected and it only put you at 1600 that would not be a good time....

neill1990 likes this.
  4. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

No thank you on the crates. Wallet is closed until stacking is restored!

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well since the feedback is to reinstate stacking, kano is not listening, just cause we are not talking about it in the forum, we are talking about it and we don't like you guys much at all.... in case kano cared

6. Jeff Garrett

Jeff Garrett New Member

LOL they actually ask for feedback? why?

7. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

still not happy about daily rewards change to crap, we are very much into use to collect any or all 7 days, i have seen many missed collect that particular day it should have automatic added to ... wtf??? so you make us look stupid? you snoze you lose? fine this game is dead regarding to raid etc etc boring game , thank to your kano thinktank team on silly illogical game

btw, what do u mean listen to our feedback? it was already voice in past complaints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I agree. As much as I strive to collect everything I possibly can and use it to the best of my ability, I actually missed collecting a daily reward the other day. It bugged me at first, but now I am thinking.............if I cant even keep up with the way daily rewards are now, what is the point in putting in so much effort to even play. The other days I have manage to collect the daily rewards since stacking was removed, I had to blow most of my stam reward on bosses I did not need and would not help me at all. So once again, what is the point of putting in the effort? With stacking, I was at least able to put my efforts into a good strategy. The minor tweak Kano made where you can collect your boost if you're currently above your maximum Stamina does little good for me when I am in a hurry and have nothing to run the stam down on. I much preferred to save my rewards for those days I could put the extra stam to good use. I have said all I can on the subject. The ball is in Kano's court, but as the days go by, my desire to play lessons even more.

9. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Well said. I enjoyed saving up my boosts til the weekend when I could play for longer periods. While I haven't missed collecting as you have, there is no real noticeable pop from the reward.

I find myself doing the same. Killing a random boss to use up the stamina each day but paying little to no attention to on what or when.

With the use it or lose it system now in place. it's even less thought into the game and more programmed clicking.

As time wears on programmed clicking is far easier to give up than playing a game.

While sure in theory it wouldn't affect the game too much, it changes the feel for the players entirely.

The same happened with the BA change. Sure in theory it's still similar enough it should draw folks, but the reality is folks find the mundane clicking dull.

We need the action feel. No matter how silly that may seem to the devs.

I should also mention, I am quite thankful I didn't switch to the random rewards. Everyone I talked to that used it is switching back. As expected the stuff is pure crap. and the 5 un doesn't buy the same stamina/energy that the boost does. May be helpful for extremely new players but for most of the game. It's a DUD. RB drops and loot cases within game take care of what the silly random gift might give. The UN isn't enough to do anything with so folks have to save up for it to be useful. and the stam/energy are so reduced folks mostly can't do anything with it either.

at least with my stam boost active I can click an extra boss.

10. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

Besides using the stam stacks for raids and BA, I also used them when there were higher bosses posted on server 2 as a low level there I could actually get to the minimum for a drop using stacks, now on some I have to do it in pieces, which sucks as sometimes they end before I can get the minimum.

This change is hurting low levels in being able to get the minimum on a boss. It's also causing the long time players to get really discouraged in the changes being made!

Your also right about the random! What was I thinking? I tried it for a week and I got a total of 7 gf pts!! Heck I can do high rollers and get more gf pts from that in a week and get exp pts and cash to top it off! I switched back to stam and am sticking with it (I did miss using my reward one day so for 6 days I have to look at the white high light around that day; wondering wow what in RL kept me from using that reward...probably something way more important than this game which I am asking myself "Do I really need to play as much as I do?" Probably not!

11. playa$$

playa$$ New Member

uh yea final straw here easy enough to level and your hypocritical bragging about freezing accounts while a few kill 500 raid bosses every time and oh there is no scripts hahaha thats almost as funnny as you listen to your players. you don't even pay attention to your paying players I doubt you will miss my $200 a week in play maybe when enough quit you might notice IDK as far as your daily collection not being able to stack anymore that sucks big time no use stacking collection to 7 for stamina there was a reason this game grew and had new blood and your improving it to death if I didn't like it 9 or so years ago I wouldn't have played it so long. Its your game your hard work But never seen a game so mismanged in my life the only thing I can think is you tweak it to play by and for yourself hope ya got enough to pay the light bill at the end of the month cya outa here 9 years is long enough......

12. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

What amount of feedback is needed to understand you guys messed it up big time?

13. Jeff Gumbert

Jeff Gumbert New Member

So the armada quest is a group version of the davy jones quest. That sounds like that could be a lot of fun.

14. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

The newest change in not saving dailes is still horrible, causing lots of players to completely stop spending in all games! It is causing more people to quit. Kano, you use to care about what players want. WHAT HAPPENED?

15. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

Kano, you should bring the Player's Council back! You are doing a lousy job at caring about what players want. Honestly you are heading for game closure like Mafia Wars. I am about ready for the games to close and free me! A lot of original players feel the same!

16. Diving Dan

Diving Dan New Member

Sounds like another scam to get us to buy MORE ......... That is all this is. Kano your greed is showing.

17. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

It should be obvious to everyone by now that Kano felt that the stacked dailies were not being used as intended by them originally.

The stacking was supposed to help the player who didnt have time to play extensively for a day or two to catch up...not to accumulate to maximum as a strategic ploy by players who are actively playing the game every day already.

Yes, it was a help for the first day of raid season and for the small number of people who play Battle Arena with success.

18. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

So that makes it fair to go out and say you want to improve on something, by taking away all the good aspects of that part of the game?

bowberson likes this.
  19. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i tell ya tho for Pirate Clan if this Armada Quest is another money making junk you might of well closed your game apps down an do away with your crappie business...cause this aint right at all on how i feel an others feel about this! i just seen a few of my old time friends aka players thinking of walking away from this game! if they do you just need to shut down your business an walk away an never ever look back just saying!

bowberson likes this.
  20. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

Good Job Kano you done messed up now! but you still have time to undo all of this crap...so the choices are yours, either you keep us older players happy or just closed out all your game apps. the choice yours? an i do expect feedback.

bowberson likes this.