Referral Program Update

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 7, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Today we have an update for the Referral system that changes some of the requirements for earning the rewards. This is designed to speed up the process as well as introduce the new player to some different systems than the old program did. Let’s go over the changes:

• No longer uses the Gamer Points mechanic exclusively (meaning you won’t have to wait four weeks to collect all of the rewards)
    • Prompts the new player to:
      • Gain 16,000 GP
      • Reach Level 50 (Level 30 in VC)
      • Join a Faction/Guild/Syndicate/Armada, take part in the Wars and do 500 Attacks
    • Players must be on the same network to make the connection
    • Referrals work across mobile and desktop if players are on the same network
    Anyone who was previously active in the old Referral system will be automatically moved over to the new one.

Here are the new rewards:
    • Gain 16,000 GP: 1 Referral Loot Case
    • Reach Level 50 (Level 30 in VC): 1 Referral Loot Case
    • 500 War Attacks: 1 Level 2 Referral Loot Case
    Offering rewards in Loot Cases allows us to reward a greater breadth of rewards and to mix things up a little so each referral gets different, but comparable, rewards upon completion of each checkpoint.

And that’s all there is to it. This update is going live and will be on all games soon. You can view your progress by going to the Mob/Clan/Squad page and clicking “Referrals”. If you experience any technical issue, be sure to let us know in Support!

2. Monica Hlif

Monica Hlif Member

Well, as you discovered earlier today, that's not going to work for anyone playing PC or ZS on Armor, since no one new can join those games through that network anymore.

3. Jayne D

Jayne D New Member

25 of un/credits/fp's will only get me a character on sale items, which is way lower than I have now. So no incentive, already stopped playing all 4 on kong, & 3 on server 1. Pyramid system for a game :D

4. It's a waste of time to bother with it at all with the changes, at least the way it is now there are piddly boosts of stamina or energy. The loot cases are a waste of space on your servers. They may help low level players (under 1000) but they are useless above that, Free lottery tickets remain in the current loot case - woop de doo

5. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

So what honestly made you think we would be interested in refer anyone to a game where the fun parts are being removed & nothing new of relevance is being added and on top of that, you want to entice us with something as great as loot cases.
    You really haven't learned any lesson yet.

6. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Why would we want to refer anyone?

Attached Files:

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I am going to be cleaning up this thread as there are a lot of off topic posts. This specific thread is about changes to the Referral system so lets keep the discussion focused to that.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Even though PC/ZS are not listed in search on Armor I think new players can still access the game with a direct link. I could be wrong about that but if I am not these referral links should work.

There are also a lot of comments about Loot Cases. I just want to note that each Loot Case type is different. ie: a Yellow Loot Case has a different item mix than a Daily Reward loot case which has a different item mix than a Referral Loot case. There may be some cross over of some items but they are not identical.

As for the Lottery Tickets those ONLY exist in the Yellow Loot cases given out by the Godfather Goals and you will not get these from the Referral Loot cases.

9. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

where has the referral window gone too it was on my profile now there,s nothing ????

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

From the OP
    You can view your progress by going to the Mob/Clan/Squad page and clicking “Referrals”.​

TomcaT likes this.
  11. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

sorry should have been more specific was referring to viking clan Smack ,used to be there but as you can see its not there now

Attached Files:

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

No problem. This feature no longer lives on your Profile. Navigate to Chieftains > Referrals to find it in its new home.

13. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

Got it thx Smack

Smack likes this.
  14. Monica Hlif

Monica Hlif Member

Nope, Mitch sent me the link for Armor ZS the other day. It didn't work. He looked into it and found that no new players can join in PC or ZS on Amor :(

15. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

I am having trouble following and finding the Referral relocation.
    Would you please post Screen Shots examples of the location?
    Facebook and Kanoplay Examples....

Thank You

16. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

Attached Files:

TomcaT and Smack like this.
  17. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

how do we collect this now ? click on profile page link as requested nothing there to collect ?

Attached Files:

TomcaT likes this.
  18. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

I prefer the old referral system much better rewards the 4 times 25% stamina boosts and the 25 favor points were better sure it took longer to get but it was worth it :(

TomcaT likes this.
  19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the feedback Richie. I'll mention this to the team to see if there are some improvements we can make.

And thanks for that screenshot of the link directing you to the profile. We'll look to get this fixed up.

Richie rich likes this.
  20. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

Glad to help Smack

Smack likes this.