break the bank bs

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lincoln Smallwood, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lincoln Smallwood

Lincoln Smallwood New Member

kano is misleading with this bs making u pay for a reward:mad:

Vulpine and Survival Streak 0 like this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sorry if you feel as thought this was misleading. It's not a reward, we are paying back a dividend of the FP you use over the weekend into a piggy bank, which you can choose to open.

3. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

u are not paying back anything when we ahve to PAY with real cash...

Vulpine and Rick B like this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We can split hairs on the language on this, but for every FP you use, a portion is given back, paid out, whatever you like to you. You don't have to pay for it, either, this also applied to free FP you earn from leveling, achievements, etc. The only part you have to pay for is to open the piggy bank in the event you want to open it.

5. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

Which option is there more to be able to pay!

6. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

mi7ch, said :The only part you have to pay for is to open the piggy bank in the event you want to open it.
    Deception and poorly executable management and game plan and no further payment options in biggy bank!

Vulpine likes this.
  7. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

when people saw this they think oh nice lets use some refills for to get some back...now they ahve to pay for it??? so u kano lured as to use refills which we never wanted to use now,,

Vulpine and Rick B like this.
  8. Tonk

Tonk New Member

I saw the Break the Bank and thought, "Well, that's a nice surprise, Kano is giving us a small proportion of our favour points back. Fair enough, I will use more than my normal refills as I will be getting some of them back." Now I see that I have to pay for the privilege! That was very misleading and not even any small print until it's too late! I feel I have been completely ripped off, and it was very sneaky. Why not mention in the description that we would have to pay a fee? I bet 99% of the players thought they were getting some of their hard earned fps back gratis. You should refund the gf points that are in each persons piggy bank as a sign of goodwill.

Vulpine, Rick B and BLACKSPIDER like this.
  9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We agree that the messaging around cost could have been clearer but it is plain as day as soon as your bank accumulates 25+ FP. Overall, depending on how much you play you have an opportunity to purchase 250FP for $5 which is an incredible deal given that $5 normally gets you 25FP. That is upwards of a 10x increase for the same $5 spent.

But we appreciate the feedback and if we run this again in the future we will be sure to make the cost more explicit.

10. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

Only with credit card yeah right, just fool the players customer is king anyway!

Vulpine likes this.
  11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I depends on which network you play on. Kong has paypal as an option, I believe FB does too depending on your country of origin. We are limited to whatever payment tools each platform offers us, and Credit Card is a fairly universal form of payment for online transactions.

12. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

I'm not talking about the normal way of purchasing GF points. i'm talking about why there isnt an option to break the piggy bank through paypal, paysafe, ideal etc ,each offers us Tools option in biggy bank!!

Attached Files:

Vulpine likes this.
  13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Again if you are on Kong and depending on where you live for FB you can use PayPal. I see a PayPal option when trying to Break the Bank right now. However if you are playing on Kanoplay or Armor your only option is to use Stripe which only accepts a Credit Card.

On KanoPlay we unfortunately do not use Super Rewards for direct purchases like Crates, themed sales like the Black Friday sale going on now nor the Piggy Bank.

14. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

Sneaky foreknowledgem,you knew upfront but didnt tell...

Vulpine likes this.
  15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is no different than how our other direct pay offers work such as Crates which have been around for years. Given this is a variable amount of FP being paid out depending on how much was contributed it can't be tied into sytsems like Super Rewards. But point taken, we can be more explicit in any announcements in future around which payment options are available.

16. BLACKSPIDER

BLACKSPIDER Member

Half cumbersome project execution!

Vulpine likes this.
  17. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

My 2 cents; if Kano offered 250 FPs for only $5 on a regular basis I'd buy it every time it was offered. I have no desire to get into a 'language used' debate but it was pretty clear to me this wasn't free. I'm going to borrow a quote I read in a chat explaining to someone why break the bank has a cost of $5: "Money makes the world go around. Kano is a business. Business is about the bottom line. Welcome to the world. This is how it works. Don't complain; it's better than communism." Unless you are a communist then to each his own.

Smack likes this.
  18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think with that I am going to close off this thread here. We've definitely heard the feedback on the messaging around this feature and we're certainly mulling it over.

Smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.