[LCN] Raid Tier Adjustment for Aug 30, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Oh they been back in the office for two days now - I'm aware of a couple things they've fixed for people (like launching a raid that had been stuck since Saturday and it only had 4 hours left on it when they "unstuck" it - YES it went live with 4 hrs on it). The complete silence actually says a lot.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well tomorrow is VC raids , so waiting to see what will be said about this stupid cap

Rick B likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Raid metrics we monitor that I mentioned in my post on Friday continued to trend up over the weekend. Good results on all. We are definitely aware and are discussing the comments both here and in Support about the cap, but I have no news to share at this time about what we are doing with it.

The next LCN Raid is at the end of September, and if anything changes with the cap between now and then I'll be sure to post it.

One last comment here, we're looking at getting some more regular forum coverage to reply to comments more consistently. While Smack and I do poke our heads in, we both are usually tied up with our other tasks here at Kano. Rest assured we do read everything and make the team aware of it.

4. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

With all due respect Mi7ch, not sure what metrics your looking at that the results are good on....it most certainly is not failed raids! I normally am half an half between my common and superior items, this go round I am 2 superior and 10 common. I normally do close to 30 raids but had to hold back this time due to the changes. I don't think that's good as far as the gf pts I had to put into raids trying to keep them from failing. I've seen lots of raids with about 15 people busting trying to get it finished!

If the raids stay the same, I won't be doing any next round, which means I won't be buying gf pts.

Really hope you consider changing back, while this change might be good for the other Kano games, I think mob wars has more players and it doesn't seem to be working here.

playa$$ likes this.
  5. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

A simple quick "hey we hear you" is better than the complete silence we've gotten since Friday's announcement.

6. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

You say that, but it has certainly got a lot of people talking on here (even if they're a touch understaffed to keep up with all the posts). Surely that's good for their user engagement metric ;)

So are you just looking at the cap or are you considering other points as well? The cap isn't the only thing that has got people riled on here & in game. May I suggest re-evaluating drop rates but not just overall, a tier by tier evaluation could provide some further insight rather than total superiors awarded to players. That being said in positive feedback news, I thought the health & balancing of damage has worked out pretty well this season.

Many of us griping about the changes in rewards are complaining because we're doing non-standard actions and getting standard rewards. I like the common rewards, and if I'm doing only 3-5k actions then I get what I get. The kick in the teeth comes when you're doing 10k+ actions and getting that common reward where you previously would have got a superior through a tier win.

At least with the old tiers (at least in LCN) you used to see at least one T2 (4-7k levels) and a T3 (7k+ levels) doing big damage and getting properly rewarded with tier wins. Hell, on a number of raids T2's would be out damaging T3's (and by some margin). Now a lot of T1 & T2's aren't pushing for big damage as they can't keep up with the T3's.

As for the "commons are still useful for the under 8k levels players" and the insinuation that we mere peons should be happy with just a common for a real investment of actions then you either:

a) Are completely missing the point I (and others) are trying to get across.
    or
    b) Are in need of some colorectal surgery to help remove your head from your ass.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  7. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

You forgot to mention that by giving out free sets of keys at the start of the season the fudged the raids launched figure.

playa$$ and FancyPants like this.
  8. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

In all fairness, I don't know where the 4 free keys reward came from. Certainly didn't see it posted in TGIF or in the weekly reward posts. Not sure if they intended to make all those keys available or not. If it was a newsletter thing, kong players don't get them anymore apparently. Whether this was intentional or not remains to be seen, I know links have been "cracked" in the past but that was a solid few years back so I doubt that's the issue here.Can't help but feel out the loop on this but c'est la vie.

It may be a case of throw out more raids to increase their sample size and hope to provide more substantial evidence to identify trends and thus support decisions into the future. Will see if they respond in here, could always send a ticket in to eke out some information from them. I'm getting crickets from them in support as well as the forums so don't know if that'll be much use!

Rick B likes this.
  9. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response, Mitch. Curious to know what exactly you mean by trending up? More people are getting on raids? If so how do the metrics look on the finishing rate of raids?

Rick B likes this.
  10. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Newsletter was a chest and a key, raid keys were posted in news as a bonus boost. So, five free keys total.

FancyPants likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Completion rate is still being measured as there are Raids out in the wild. We are definitely seeing more people join in on this Raid versus previous ones.

12. Kirsten

aaahhh I don't get those newsletters :( for some reason

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Got a link for newsletter rewards Mitch. Interested in VC link, but maybe could post them in a new thread, I didn't receive one.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

Free keys help and gave false sense of trend up , so you need to monitored the failed raid, i wager that it is higher than normal

15. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

It also flooded the game with raids right off the bat and heavies were "capped out" pretty quick!

Miss Kitty Snaps and FancyPants like this.
  16. Not happy with the way the raids were set up at all. Many people stepped over their spending which they said they wont do in the next season. I barely found help on my raids, all those that usually would help me were full with raids, especially when - depending on time zone and work schedule - you werent there when the raids started but like a few hours later. I had to push everyone to do more and more damage for ONE raid, that usually would have lasted for 3 or 4. Result, all of us had keys but most didnt get a chance to start theirs, some that did start theirs had to watch it expire without the chance of getting it done. Still slackers and campers if you post in job chat. Those that had the mentality to help just had to help more, the slackers kept slacking. I am not complaining about the removal of the Tiers, but the 30 cap is a pain in the butt and with that on - I might not even start to do next season and for sure wont spend any fp for them anymore.

17. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Exactly what Marion said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

18. Are the Vikings happy with the new Raids? What's the feeling till now?

19. Kirsten

it does not matter how I/we feel about it one way or another, kano will do what kano wants................

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This isn't true at all. We are actively listening to feedback, looking at our data, and planning next steps so it very much matters.

But, we will make decisions that we feel are the best for the game, which may not be exactly what some of you want. Do we get it right all of the time? Heck no. Can we please everyone? Probably not. But I assure you that everyone's feedback is important to us.