[LCN] Raid Tier Adjustment for Aug 30, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Miles

Miles Member

With respect you have got to be kidding ,are you talking about this current raid series,if you are your very wrong get out in the field have a look ,talk to players and you will find its a complete stuff up with your 30 raid limit,yes your figures will look good when you give out probably over an extra 1000 plus raids with free keys but i bet 75% of them will not finish ,i do hope you share your results with us ,how about you put up a counter of how many raids have been completed like you have done before.
    ps the 6500 gfp i usually buy is now being spent going away for the weekend ...cheers

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

My guess is raid kills will have to be down. You have have some joining raids that maybe weren't able to jump on them before, at least early on when everyone is trying to get on them. But unless people are going to finish up raids themselves, sometimes raids that are only a third completed, to free up room under the cap, then the completion rate has to be down. So joining percentage up at first, raid completion down would be my guess. I doubt the few who will spend to kill raids off left and right to free up room are going to be enough to change that equation.

Miles, Rick B, HJM and 2 others like this.
  3. West Coast Gurl

West Coast Gurl New Member

yes but i think that is what Kano wants.... for us to spend more money on the game. I understand Kano is a profit oriented business but the changes that have been made have changed the game and not for the better in my opinion

Rick B and Kirsten like this.
  4. West Coast Gurl

West Coast Gurl New Member

i for one will be doing less raiding, less arena, just less playing Kano games.... Oh I will be voting with my wallet... my credit card is going to be staying put from now on.

5. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

LCN is where the muck-up is and it is BAD!

6. Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. Im currently sitting here maxed out at 30 raids and waiting for them to be completed. At this current rate I will have plenty of Fps left over at the end so cant see myself spending in the future. I agree something had to change with so many players on the 2nd tier in the past but this 30 raid cap is stifling everyone from progressing. A better change IMHO would have been 6-7 top tier and same on lowest tier and an increase in the 2nd tier where a high majority of players are currently sitting. More players would get the opportunity to do raids thus spending more Fps with a win win for all concerned. Even an increase to 50-60 raids would suffice because a lot won't be completed and will put a lot of players from attempting in the future. Many Thanks for the chance to add to the discussion

Miles and Rick B like this.
  7. Miles

Miles Member

One thing i will add is figures can be fudged any which way to suit , but i bet this lot of raids is going to have the most failed raids EVER that havnt completed,what a sad waste of time and effort and fp by players,all because of a stupid 30 limit on raids

Rick B and Richard (Karma sucks) like this.
  8. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I wasn't asking Kano to calculate anything right now, just trying to make sure they are calculating the right variables.

Reesy901 likes this.
  9. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

How's everyone's common/superior drop rate? I'm sitting at 13% right now from 30 completed raids. Last raid I got 32% in 44 completed raids. I have more actions on average and have placed higher on average this season. I know it's random, and last time I didn't place high in my tier once (not even when I did over 15,000 actions in one raid). So I would expect a similar drop rate. I suppose I could get all supes in my next 14 and then it'd even out but seems unlikely. Wondering how it's going for everyone else compared to prior raids?

10. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

Are you guys also keeping track of missed raid collections? I've missed 3 raid rewards now due to a new raid being opened and receiving the message:

"The boss that you are trying to access no longer exists. Select from the list of bosses below or check your game feed to help friends with their bosses."

That's 3 missed rewards and nearly 10k actions for nothing to say I'm annoyed doesn't quite cut it. The raid cap has been a complete pain in the backside with regards to how quickly raids are being dropped and reopened. This appears to be the consequence of top level players wanting to rotate through raids quickly to avoid the cap.

To top it all off I have noticed that, although low levels haven't been kept out of a lot of bosses which is nice re: no gatekeeping issues, they're struggling to keep up with this fast turnover (as mentioned a few times in this thread). I'm not exactly finding it easy and I'm approaching level 7k!

Oh and to finish, I'm not sure what other people are getting as per rewards, but I'm having an absolute garbage season with regards to raid rewards. Not including the 3 missed rewards, I'm on 10 commons and 0 superiors. Not one, not two but ZERO. Again, I think this is another unintended of the cap. The big hitters are in fewer raids and have made it nigh on impossible for even t2's to compete for "Great" or "Superior" raid drop chances. This isn't to say that a no tier system couldn't work, but the current system needs a thorough re-working to make sure you don't make the gulf between the high levels & paying players truly insurmountable by the lower levels & free/low spending players.

Can I suggest that you revert to the old format for next season? Might give you a bit longer to format & discuss with players the potential changes implemented in "New Raid Format v2".

11. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

Complete trash for me pal, 0:10 sup:common. I'm also doing more actions per raid, but I can't compete with the spenders/pure raid builds.

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  12. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I usually get that message when the raid owner has already started a new one. I can still collect on the old completed raid by going into the raid tab and finding the boss in there. If you know or have access to the raid boss link, you can get to it there also. If you can't find it, you might want to open a ticket.

13. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

well I gave it a fair try and have found I don't care for the change. Now all the die hard raiders and high levels are helping each other and the mid and lower level tiers aren't needed anymore; I see lots of people with around 10 to 15 in their bosses. Most mobbies I know won't post their raids out to job or world chat as that's where you get lots of campers or people who attack and don't heal. Therefore those 10 to 15 people are busting trying to kill it; can't help others as your now maxed out.

Rick B likes this.
  14. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

This is your problem in a nutshell. If you don't do many raids then you won't even notice this change, but if you do more than 30 then you are going to hit that cap real soon and then what? Are people expected to spend money on stamina to take out a raid themselves so they can jump on another?

If this is really about people not being able to get on raids then how about a "flexible" cap? Maybe when you hit your 30 raids you are then kept from joining other raids for a few hours or so? So that would give others a chance to get on raids and you wouldn't be trapped under a hard cap for the duration. Then when the "timeout" is over you can join another 30 and and keep repeating that for the duration of the raid. Of course during that time if any raids are killed and it frees up room you can join another one. That way those who do a lot of raids won't be trapped into trying to spend their way out and more people would be able to jump on public raids.

15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Simpler solution is just to get rid of the cap, end of issue.

16. Brad Jessome

Brad Jessome Member

Removing the tiers was a good idea Kano. Now setting a 30 raid cap per raid is ridiculous. Why Kano would you interfere and ruin one of your major income sources for these games ??? I will no longer spend money on raids.

King of Comebacks, Kirsten and Rick B like this.
  17. Navy Chief!

Navy Chief! Member

Bring back the tiers. For the meantime I shall not spend anymore on raids. I am done with it after this event.

18. Moshe

Moshe New Member

I like the idea of removing tiers. but I think the drop system of superior items must change. I use to do the most actions in my tier in order to guarantee a superior, but now it is extremely hard to do the most actions out of all 30 players. at least give the top 3 a superior.
    I use to get a superior in over 50% of the raids I'm in. now I get it on less than 15% of them. :(:(
    Also, I think it will be much better to see the chance of a superior drop as a percentage, not as a word. what is "Grate" chance even mean?? in my experience, it is actually much more likely to get a common drop when you have a "Grate" chance of a superior.
    If you let us see the actual probability as a percentage, I think people will become more competitive, trying to increase the chance. but now, as the best you can hope for is "Grate", there is absolutely no incentive to do more actions once you have reached that chance. (other than trying to have the most actions out of 30 players, which as I said, is so hard now it is not practical in most raids.)

Reesy901 likes this.
  19. Oszi

Oszi New Member

Moshe likes this.
  20. Mysticslayer

Mysticslayer New Member

This 30 cap sucks!! I know they did it to discourage campers from joining 1000 raids but they should have it based on actions per raid or something like that.