[LCN] Raid Tier Adjustment for Aug 30, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 30, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all

For tomorrow’s Raid Boss we’re going to be removing the tiers much like we did for Pirate/Viking Clan and Zombie Slayer earlier this month.

If you missed that news, normally in a Raid Party there are three tiers of 10 players each, ranging from low to high levels. For tomorrow’s Raid Boss, there will be 29 spots open to all levels (30 if you include the Boss summoner). So no worries about your specific tier filling up, if there’s a space open on a Raid you can join it.

We’ve also increased the Superior drop rate to ensure that the same percentage of those items are dropped in an open group of 30 as they did for previous events.

Another thing we're adding to this Raid event is total number of how many Raids you can be in at the same time. The number of Raids you are able to join at once is set at 30 for this event.

While there was a lot of good activity in Pirate/Viking Clan and Zombie Slayer during the Raids as well as positive feedback, there were also some downsides. Our data showed us that players were having difficulties finding a public Raid that was not already full in the first 24 hours.

We want to try a different option to help offset this as while the open tiers were a net positive there are still some wrinkles we want to iron out, so we are giving the concurrent cap a try.

Once you kill and collect a Raid, you will free up a slot in your total of 30. Note that you can join as many Raids as you want over the whole event, but you can only be in 30 Raids at one time. Dead Raids will count against this cap, so if you have Raids available to collect, collect them!

We will be monitoring this change closely and if we plan to change anything about it we will let you know.

Look out for these changes when Raids go live tomorrow morning at 9 am Pacific!

2. so if someone sends me link to their raid
    so if some of my friends send me link to raid it means even if tier i am is full i can still join raid ? is that correct ?

3. if so that's great i try to do over and above min damage

4. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Member

regarding the cap of 30 raids per player - I think it's wrong to penalise us who always do more than the minimum 2000 actions in each raid. I understand that you want to restrict campers from hoarding too many raids & not allowing other players to join. INSTEAD your restriction should be: cap at 30 raids, but once player had achieved the minimum of 2000 actions on the raid, this raid will not count against the cap of 30, so that the player can continue to join & CONTRIBUTE to other raids. in each season, I contribute to at least 70 raids (achieving more than the minimum 2000 actions), I don't see why you should restrict us who are able to contribute!

once you tweak the requirement above, the campers who didn't achieve minimum 2000 actions are still cap at 30 raids; but the contributors (after meeting 2000 actions) can join more than 30 raids because those that they had contributed to will not count against the cap of 30.

5. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

Patricia, there will be no "My Tier" it is all one tier for everyone.
    Rhapsody, once the raid is finished and collected it will no longer count towards the 30. This prevents people from joining 50 and then sitting on them until they are almost done locking out other members.

6. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Member

we sometimes don't collect immediately so that we can save the XP to level at a later stage. it's part of good strategy, so I think it's not wise for you to force us to collect dead raids, in order to join new ones! u must focus on the real problem, ie. to penalise campers.. thus the criteria should be: satisfy minimum 2000 actions, in order to free up the cap & join new raids!

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This should be fixed, we save the exp on collecting to level up and gain energy when needed. Total count of 30 raids should NOT include dead raid bosses, only active ones.

Wolf Spirit, Reesy901 and Miles like this.
  8. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

If the CAP is to stop campers, that won't do it. It will hinder the bigger players who help out in many raids. I generally am not in more than 30 at a time but I know players who are.

As Rhapsody said, and as I and many others have been saying, if you institute a cap, it needs to be based on minimum actions being achieved.

Forcing players to collect raids before they want, will impact their strategy.

Setting a cap based on open/uncollected Raids might also harm the lower players as higher levels might finish off a raid prematurely before everyone gets theirs mins in so they can free up a raid in the cap.

I'd like you to rethink this BEFORE raids start tomorrow.

Thanks.

Lee-Ann, Mystique, Tony Dias and 3 others like this.
  9. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

I'm looking forward to the change - I don't care for the 2k actions and then people sit and collect while other players have to work harder to kill the boss at 2k actions that puppy is not going to die with a full 50 players

Dollerz likes this.
  10. MarkusOne

MarkusOne New Member

Doing just the 2000 minimum, or a bit more, can also be looked at as “camping”, as raid boss will not be killed if the majority were to do this. So limiting players to 30 will force them to go back and contribute more to get the kill instead of expecting others do the heavy lifting! The argument in not including dead mobsters in the 30 count has merit.

Dollerz likes this.
  11. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

"Our data showed us that players were having difficulties finding a public Raid that was not already full in the first 24 hours."

I would hope a raid was full within the first 24 hours; it should be full within the first 6 at worst. If 24 hours has passed and a raid isn't full I would be concerned. How is this a complaint? Heck I'm not happy if the raid I open is still alive after 24 hours so full never plays into the picture.

Why keep focusing on what isn't broke like raids and comma placement and work on Battle Arena and cleaning the game up of those who use suspicious methods to gain an advantage in a click game.

Mott, playa$$ and Reesy901 like this.
  12. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Unfortunately for me raids fill up quickly and the purple item drop rate needs to be improved to be in the top 3 on a raid and get a regular drop. Might as well just do minimum.

13. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I'm not suggesting that people do the bare min. But I am quite certain, those players that are known for camping with their 1 action, they aren't all of a sudden going to contribute more. They either take a spot just to block it off, or they are camping, waiting to see if it will finish. This 30 limit won't change their behavior. It might limit the amount they can block/camp in at a time, but it's not solving anything else and it's creating other issues as outlined above.

14. Miss Kitty Snaps

Thanks for your reply to my message. My comment was based solely on people who only do 2k actions - people who do 1 action and camp to see if it finishes is a whole different story :)

15. Miss Kitty Snaps

I also think we need to give it a fair try, I have seen posts from Zombie and Pirate players who think the changes to raids is a good one. Personally I wish they would shorten the time of raids it's nearly a week long - by Sunday I don't want to hear the word raid :) yes I know I have the choice not to do them but a gal has to help out her friends doesn't she ;)

ps well most of the time anyway

playa$$ and Dollerz like this.
  16. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

I think the 30 limit is a good thing. Too many people join every public raid and are in so many they forget to go back and finish. Too many bottom sitters causes raids to fail. I usually only do raids I am invited to and that is plenty. 30 is a good number. I am not usually in more than that, that are not finished.

17. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I call the 2K mins "slackers" as if they are over level 3000, they should be able to do a lot more. There are players that brag about this strategy of doing the mins. Again, I don't see this changing their behavior at all. I don't know that after this raid, there will be any analysis on that, just probably on overall #'s, not looking to see if it changed the behaviors of blockers, campers, or slackers.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If "don't know" give it a try 1st, jeesh. If you hate it after, then complain, it's 1 raid session to try something new out.

HJM likes this.
  19. Donkrako

Donkrako New Member

If someone sends me an invite to a raid I will not quit until the boss is DEAD!! I never do!

20. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I didn't say that I didn't know how it will turn out. I said I didn't know what would be measured. Big difference.

I see nothing wrong with voicing a dissenting opinion now before the change is implemented. On another post from Mitch (in a different thread), he explained that it will take more programming to adjust how the cap works and there's not enough time to make those adjustments before this raid.

In the past, Kano has changed or delayed changes before implementing them based on player feedback. So jeesh, that's why I commented.

Reesy901 likes this.