[VC] sell all property

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by don jenkins, Apr 17, 2018.

1. don jenkins

don jenkins Member

could I get opinions on selling all of my properties except my current position (Nidavellir - Godby Trials Empire) - in other words, I am in the Nidavellir - Godby Trials Empire, so I sell all properties up to this point and put all the cash into the Nidavellir - Godby Trials Empire - and do the same thing when I get to the next empire - sell all of Nidavellir - Godby Trials Empire and put it all into the next empire - is there any reason to keep all previous properties - they all add up to your income but by selling them all I would use the money to buy higher income properties - will this strategy work or is it set to fail - thanks for your opinion

2. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

I sell nothing. Base Hitlist is calculated from income. Why give your competitors an advantage by reducing income. Rather let income continuously grow

I understand selling items with upkeep costs if no longer used in inventory. This would help your income.

Different strokes for different folks

3. WorldB

WorldB Member

This is a fail. The return on investment always changes as you buy more of a property - Earnings as a percentage of cost. Keep all the old ones, buy whichever gives the best return at the moment. Once you progress enough and make enough income, you will be buying too many of the top location before moving on and the return on those will be less than buying some of the old properties.

baha likes this.
  4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Couple more comments to add to this

You income affects your base bounty price so that is one reason to keep property. Further you aren't able to completely liquidate all of your property. I believe you are limited to selling off at most 10% of your property holdings.

Hope this helps.

5. don jenkins

don jenkins Member

thanks all for your opinions - seems everyone feels I should hold on to all properties - guess I will keep them and just continue to buy new ones - again thanks

HJM and Kirsten like this.
  6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

You should buy new ones AND old ones. At some point (if you have bought a lot of new ones), the old ones give a better return.

HJM and Steven Jordan like this.
  7. amadeus

amadeus Member

I wish I didn't have to scroll down and thru the old ones to reach the newer ones

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

lol I scroll thru 2 and reach the end, not sure why that is an issue lol

Attached Files:

9. amadeus

amadeus Member

I scroll thru 40+ and it's a P-I-A. Are we scrolling thru the same strawberry field?

10. amadeus

amadeus Member

Do you not find that scrolling down thru the old ones to reach the newer is a P-I-A ?

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

no the locations I am in have only 2 in my locations , the lower level locations have a lot not the higher levels locations

Attached Files: