[LCN] Newletter Concerns

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by RafeDavid, Aug 12, 2018.

1. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

There has been an ongoing thread regarding the Newsletter under the Discussion section. Lot of comments how KANO has not commented. Thought it might be best to repost under Bugs/Issues.

https://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/newsletter-issues.35922/#post-190116

Above is the forum thread and below is the post. Not included are all those chiming stating they are having issues as well.

Heyo,
    Wasn't sure if this was a ticket/support issue but it seems a few people were having this issue (at least on kong) so I thought "I can make a forum post and figure out if more people are having this issue".

So, I've been signed up to the newsletter since I started playing LCN on Kong (so 4 and a lot years now) and haven't received a newsletter in quite sometime even though I have my email set in the settings page (see attached picture that I have actually got a working email set up).

Are there any particular email domains/servers which your mailer does not support or is there something more widespread at play?

Also, if anyone else if having issues please post below. I use a hotmail (ie prior to the outlook shift), so if you could post your domain as well we can hopefully collect some data on kano's behalf if it isn't a known problem on kano's end.

Reesy

Kay-Arne Hansen likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Under account settings I use hotmail and never receive new's letter links, my FB account is set up gmail and never use it anymore (filled with tons of spam through out the years) using email for various other things. Never check gmail anymore, but if in setting's set to hotmail, should I not get one sent to my hotmail???

3. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Answer pulled from another thread:

Pretty simple answer here and I believe I've said it before although it is hard to dig through my reply history. Newsletters are not sent to Kong/Armor and haven't been for some time. This is for a variety of reasons and we may start it up again at some point.

That said, I do post the reward links in the TGIF posts when the newsletters go out so if you are regularly checking the forums for those posts you shouldn't miss out on any rewards. Additionally the newsletters are just collections of the updates from the TGIF, so if you're reading those you should be in the know. :)

4. MaryMary

MaryMary New Member

I just cant seem to sign up for the newsletter, they wont let me. They also didnt accept my email right away. I had to delete it and then give it in again for them to accept it - this time I got confirmation links etc which I didnt get when I first signed in. But still I cant sign up for the newsletter. they ask me to try again later or change my email. Hello, this is my email grrrr