[VC] Mother's Day Raid Event Walkthrough and Free Raid Key!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, May 17, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Jotnar Assault has begun on Jord’s castle and Vikings across the Nine Realms are needed to send them back from whence they came! In the Mother’s Day Feature Raid, you’ll be helping Jord protect her castle from these vicious brutes. The mother of Thor has become a matriarchal figure for many a Chieftain, and even though Mother’s Day is behind us, don’t you want to lend her a hand?

As with other Feature Raids there are a couple new elements to go over. We’ve mixed up some other concepts with feedback from March’s event so let’s go over what’s new.

Level Tier Leaderboards and Totalizer

For this event, you will be vying against others in your level tier for the Leaderboard prizes! There are two boards this time around: Actions and Kills (you need to reach the minimum Actions on each Raid Boss you participate on to get Kill credit).

How it works is if you are in the low tier (0 - 2000 on Facebook, for example), then you’ll only be contesting the leaderboard with those of a similar level, same with the mid tier and so on.

Each tier will have their own selection of prizes for the top three spots and the second and third brackets.

To get the rewards at the end, you’ll need to also complete the event Totalizer. There isn’t a certain number of Raids that need to be killed each day, but rather one big number that has to be hit by the end of the event.

The total is per network, so make sure to band together with those on your server! The prizes you can earn are listed in-game in the Progress banner below the Leaderboard.

Provided the Totalizer goal is met, rewards will be available to collect from May 25 at 1:00 pm to June 8, so get out there and help Jord !

Rewards (per Leaderboard Category, per Level Tier)

Bracket Three:

4 Level 1 Loot Chests

Bracket Two:

6 Level 1 Loot Chests

Third Place:

3 Level 2 Loot Chest

Full set of Raid Superior Items

Second Place:

4 Level 2 Loot Chests

First Place:

5 Level 2 Loot Chests

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

3. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

like attack and heal leaderboard better, not happy about kill leaderboard :(

4. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

One tweak I'd like to see for future is that the 2000 actions would need to be completed for each 24 hour period that the boss is active or for each 24 hour period the player is in the boss.

I'd be ok for limiting this to tier 2 and 3 as
    most of the raid campers are in the higher tiers.. also tier 1 players may not have enough stamina/energy to do the action required every day

Just an idea fwiw

5. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

kill leaderboard, rewarding someone for just joining a bunch of RB's, not for helping kill the RB, do 2000 actions on as many as you can and screw everyone else on the boss and you are rewarded, thanks Kano

6. ron olf

ron olf New Member

why am I performing actions but the raid progress isnt changing? what exactly do you have to do to get it to change?

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The Totalizer Raid Progress is based off of the # of bosses killed on your server so this will move a little slowly, especially in the first few days. If you are playing on Facebook the count is currently 131 kills with a goal of 1500. So each individual kill may not move that bar very much (or at all) but it will start to grow slowly as the kills rack up.

In terms of your own Actions and Kills that will update the leaderboard in realtime so as you Attack and Heal you will see your Actions increase.

8. Sindi

Sindi New Member

So, if I didn't get a free Raid Key, I can't start my own Raid?? :(

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  9. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

You could have got the four raid keys by doing jobs.
    You needed to collect you keys and start raid within 96 hours of when raid started on Thursday. You posted on Tuesday - at that point you are too late to start a new raid

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The time for opening a raid was this past Monday, about 3:00 pm EST it started on the previous Thurs so ya had from Thurs to monday, and no a free key was just a gift, whether you collected it or not, ya would have still needed 3 more keys, if you had collected it for a total of 4.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think we covered it, thanks Steven and Kirsten.

12. Sindi

Sindi New Member

Yea... just didn't realize how many days I missed cuz I was sick... :confused: Definitely didn't think I'd miss the whole raid! :oops:

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It happens, life is more important, hope ya feeling better now :)