Game Maintenance?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Skollstein, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Skollstein

Skollstein Member

I logged into Viking Clan (Server 1) today and all the pictures were gone. Is this maintenance on your end or is there something happening with Facebook?

2. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Same on LCN both servers

Skollstein likes this.
  3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

My guess is FB is not allowing "our" pics to be used by third parties like Kano. Kano has been around for all FB's various changes, and will likely be able to fix this after all the devs in FB sort out what they have to do to get at least that back. Guessing tho ... could be a troll in Kano doing it!!!!!!!!

HJM and Skollstein like this.
  4. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i seen this happen before but i never said anything!! this happen about 2 years ago on facebook as well but it was like a Flicker last for about 5 minutes..FB been screwing up other games as well in the past few months! but i will keep those games confidental since it dont evolve us in here!

HJM and Skollstein like this.
  5. Kel the Merciful King

They might have to do something like they do on KP2 where somehow (I forget!) you get a pic there. KP2 was from old MySpace days. Way too early to speculate. They are still sleeping on the left coast of Canada

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Skollstein likes this.
  7. funnyman

funnyman Member

so we are stuck with same pic everyone?? that makes the whole lounge players look the same and for me thats just not good for gameplay

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The bug has not yet been resolved so I wouldn't say we are "stuck" with this. I would hope that FB restores this functionality soon. Please have patience and keep an eye on this thread for updates.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/game-profile-pictures.35697/

funnyman likes this.
  9. Kel the Merciful King

I think FB has too much on the go atm, as it is switching servers notionally from Ireland for 65% of it users and has a political issue on its hands on facial recognition which it appears it wants to limit to itself ... for research purposes naturally and future ad sales opportunities as technologies advance by others.

I seriously doubt they are going to let Graph 1.0 API users (pre-April 2015), now, have at accessing FB ID Pics in bulk requests, cached or not, potentially in their "scraped friends of friends" dB for a long time (18,000 apps in that category to vet/audit and Kano would be one of them to at least get a certification out of ... ).

IOW, my money would bet that a Plan B icon would be needed.

On that note, the issue will be resolved shortly ...

Maybe I could ask here for direction on just a KP1 login minus FB at all? Can I get that? I am frankly sick of FB.

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If you have "secured" your account you should be able to log in with email/pass and access KP1.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Kel the Merciful King likes this.