RAID LIMITS

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by koo22, Mar 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. koo22

koo22 Member

It is nearly impossible to get on raids from the Jobs board, even if you click the second you see it, it's filled up in highest tier with 10 ppl and then says "oops your tier level is full". Frequently it's the same few who always manage to get on. I have noticed this every raid event, but this time with the Midgard Serpent it's much worse. An idea was suggested that a player be able to get on no more than 5 raids "quickly" and then cannot get on more till minimums are done on those 5. That would slow this down and allow more of us to be able to get on. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

GoddessFreyja and Mystique like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

it was the same in PC, we know a few used script/bots to get on, but this type of money making raid, for kano, nothing will be done, stick with private raids and don't get aggravated over it, not worth it :) but it is a suggestion worth exploring

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

I did a wile ago lift up this question to kano... Post every dam raid this who we know auto join... So far have nothing happen... So kano cant say they dont know. Now new question then. Wen shall you on kano do some? I have a solution. But guess not all will like that. Set a limit on how many raids you can join. Say 100 raids, wen done that you just cant join more. Will not benefit the auto joiners more then for a bit time. and rest have a chance to get in to some raids too

GoddessFreyja and Kirsten like this.
  4. Kirsten

It is a shame that a few ruin it for everyone else,

GoddessFreyja and koo22 like this.
  5. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

This is unreal. Same people. Some whom I know its either the middle of the night or they are working. Can we get a level playing field for once? Why do you cater to the dishonest?

GoddessFreyja, Kirsten and koo22 like this.
  6. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

Top tier always filled up within minutes of being posted but with the change in this raid, it's even worse. This new requirement: ** Note: Above participation goals must be met to collect rewards. ** really sucks. Why do you have to kill a party 2 times to qualify for a "special" reward? You can't get in a raid unless you spend hours online or have some dishonest way to join. Then those that are willing to spend hundreds of real dollars do all the damage, kill the boss and the rest of us have little chance to kill a boss and satisfy these new requirements because we don't cheat or refuse to put more money into Kano's pockets. I used to like the raids but not any more. Cater to the big spenders or cheaters and ruin the game for the rest of us that used to enjoy playing for fun. Yet another reason why long-time players stop playing. I'm just disgusted by this whole thing.

7. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Am I wrong in assuming you are relying on raids posted to public ? If so you generally shouldn’t join those ! They are doomed - instead cultivate a close group who will share their raids privately - good friends will send their raids so you can join a good team - as far as I am aware their are no dishonest ways to find a raid and if you are a planner you can accrue you stamina and energy ahead of the raid event so you dont need to spend at all
    Sorry to hear you are not enjoying the event - message me if you want to vent :)

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Kirsten

you don't personally have to kill the raid, just be in two where you have done the min and it gets finished, to get the participation reward

9. Kirsten

Yup, I open one, getting ready to open my second, and am in about 10 all sharing with friends who share with me, for the most part.

Edit, my first one is done, lol

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  10. Kirsten

R you in Facebook ??

11. GoddessFreyja

I have a baby viking account in FB. I just checked and I'm only level 379. Server 2 I'm level 16767 so I really don't want to start over and have to deal with adding clan, etc. Been playing here over 8 years and thanks to these raids I've seen players who have barely played more than a year and they're more than 5000 levels above me. They want to spend real money on this game, good for them. I'll spend my real money in my real world!

12. Kirsten

Yeah it happens even on FB, but they are usually so weak cause they sped thru the game, ok I don't play there, so can't offer you my new raid lol but yes jobs is hard in FB Vc always has been but with this special raid it seems worse , was the same in FB PC for this raid.

13. GoddessFreyja

There's a field that keeps track of what you're doing and I actually did kill a boss and now my page shows that I got 1 of 2 kills. There must be a reason why our stats are being tracked. To me it looks like you must meet the attack/heal/kill requirements to get some special reward. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of the "kill" field but someone that plays Pirates told me about the change in raids and he said you had to do more to qualify for some special reward, that is completely separate from the reward item you receive when a boss is killed. All I know is this is way too much work so let the big spenders knock themselves out. It's just not fun anymore. upload_2018-3-22_18-2-54.png

14. Kirsten

The first holiday one was in PC, so this is my 4th game with this particular raid, the only difference since the PC one is ya need to do the min, other wise it is the same,,

and don't worry about the spenders, the rewards are not that great for the #1 #2 or #3 IMO lol the leaderboard for this raid, just makes it more competitive

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/...kthrough-and-updates.35592/page-8#post-187494

15. GoddessFreyja

Yes, I did the Holiday one and the total global kills determined what special crates you received when all raids were done. But the page looks different now and there's no global kill tracking. Like I said before, this game isn't fun anymore so if the greedy ones want to monopolize the raids, go for it. I'll do my required actions and get whatever item I get when the raid is killed. And I'll have hundreds of real dollars still in my wallet so I'll still be the big winner!

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Kirsten

this is not a global raid that was the wrong link , hang on, sorry about that, I posted the right link about the raid

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/...kthrough-and-updates.35592/page-8#post-187494

GoddessFreyja likes this.
  17. GoddessFreyja

Thanks Kirsten.....that makes more sense. And it's good that you don't have to actually kill the boss yourself. Looking at the stats for some of these people, I have zero chance of ranking in the top 3 but at least I'll get a consolation prize, lol! :rolleyes:

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Is this a serious topic? If anything, we have MORE raids now than we used to, and the rest of the game stops, bosses expire, etc. As long as people keep getting in as many as they can and leveling into the stratosphere, we're only going to have more of them, not limit participation in them.

19. koo22

koo22 Member

Is this a serious topic? If anything, we have MORE raids now than we used to, and the rest of the game stops, bosses expire, etc. As long as people keep getting in as many as they can and leveling into the stratosphere, we're only going to have more of them, not limit participation in them.

Yes, because if you click on a public raid as soon as you see it, and suddenly high tier is closed because 10 have gotten on and you didn't, something is wrong. And it's frequently the same group. And no, I don't normally go for the public raids, rely on invites and guild. But this is still a problem.

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

You're not getting it. If raids keep filling up, more will be opened. I feel confident in saying more raids are opened up each month, and this will only continue to increase now that wiping is no longer possible. Some players, bots or scripts or not, will be getting into 100s of raids now. Limits will NOT be placed for any reason, because it has been decided this is the direction the game is going.