[LCN] LCN Lounge Chat Improvements Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SparkleMotion, Jul 18, 2017.

1. eric smith

eric smith Member

I like your ideal also ! :)

2. eric smith

eric smith Member

will try it again and see if they come back right away around the mute.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

sometimes mute goes wonky and they show up, sometimes it is a game issue, so just keep clicking mute close the chat, and reopen it, and that should work :)

4. eric smith

eric smith Member

I have reported them time after time, and nothing has been done, I've even showed proof! a few may have been banned but not the main people breaking the rules. anyways that's what I have seen.

5. eric smith

eric smith Member

thanks for the info, i'll try that.

6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

what needs to be done is that the people who is the same players who starts stuff everytime they are the ones who needs to be removed permantly from the Lounge an world chat period, an in that case they will not be able to come back to the world chat an what kano should do is if they ban players like that, they should automatically remove the world chat down from there account so that they can not have access to none of it, an that would be fair game an fair play....an no warning needs to beinvolved cause if they start massive shit that is when kano needs to step in an put a stop it that way so that the ones who are calm an steady can play an talk nice to each other an that is the way i see fit for the communtiy! Altho i will admit i have been ban on kanoplay server 2 area but since the lounge is out i am actually happy an i have personally cool myself down an understand the rules more better so trust me i know the situations when getting ban..for since that lounge is in play kano should step up an put a permant ban on the players who are constantly starting stuff an getting personal...cause this is a fighting game not personal stuff that is not suppose to be within the games an that is how kano lose plaeyrs an they dont need that..

eric smith likes this.
  7. eric smith

eric smith Member

I totally agree with everything you said here and would like too see that also

Justin the killer likes this.
  8. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

taken from an admin post:
    Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra has a fiercely passionate community, and we know those rivalries and that passion is part of why Lounge can get pretty rowdy. Our players wanted a place with less restrictions, where they could make dirty jokes, swear out their frustration, and get a bit heated with their rivals (and sometimes their friends!). Feedback from players made it clear that a barely moderated channel where we only step in when things really take a turn or cross the line was wanted. Along with the request for light moderation come a few things players have to do themselves.

I dont know how often the admins take a look in there, but its more than rowdy, its full of genuine hatred sometimes.

Farqu and Bill Hollingsworth like this.
  9. Agreed! Personal attacks about someone's looks and/or age are way out of bounds in my opinion, however it happens on a daily basis in the lounge. We all know that we can mute people or not go in the lounge, however that is just a way (IMO) for Kano to wash their hands of the verbal abuse that goes on in that part of the game.

Crazy Inuit likes this.
  10. Kirsten

the tavern is for adults , so what if someone makes fun of how someone may look, or their age who cares, I mean really , if it bothers someone they can just mute them, FFS, or don't open the tavern...... Kano made lines not to be crossed and making fun of someone is not one of them, people need to laugh at this crap, words cannot hurt anyone, only if you let them........

11. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

When you talk about Tavern, I guess you are in the Pirates game. Try going to the Lounge in LCN, thats another story, and no, the comments in there are not for fun.

12. Kirsten

tavern , lounge same difference, same solution, mute or don't open it, if you think LCN is a tough crowd, check out VC lounge/tavern, again same solution, and muting has a second advantage it is a great bookmark, :)

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Policing in game chat is not something we want to be getting into a habit of doing as this consumes time that is better spent serving the needs of players with core gameplay features and helping to develop new ones. Having said that players have also requested a venue to be able to have open and frank discussions with one another which is why we created the Lounge/Tavern. It is unfortunate that this can result in a lot of insults and name calling but this seems to be the nature of many players in this competitive game.

There are some things that will not be tolerated in the Lounge such as hate speech or personal threats (outside of the game) and if you see examples of such I encourage you to let our Support team know. Ultimately the Lounge is to be used at your own discretion and if the tone of the chat is not to your liking then perhaps stick with World Chat or private groups.

14. S JORDAN

S JORDAN Member

How about a person needs to actually play game within 25 or 48 hours in order to post in lounge. There is a daily poster in lounge who doesn't seem to play. Hasn't leveled in at least 2 weeks

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Barnacle

Barnacle Administrator

That's a good suggestion.

I don't suppose we would want to prohibit people from coming into our game and socializing. (Just because you are a bit tired with the game doesn't mean you are tired of your friends.)

However! If you find that they are coming into the chat just to antagonize or harass others, that is an issue. If you think that's the case, would you mind taking note (maybe even taking a screenshot) and sharing that with our Support Team? That would be lovely!

You can reach the team at Support.KanoApps.com.

16. Kirsten

ya kidding right?? there are so many players who stay dead and talk trash, lol and you want screen shots pffft, we have asked that a player not be dead and talking their crap , for a long long time, in the hospital is one thing but dead in the game, no talking allowed

JADES likes this.
  17. Barnacle

Barnacle Administrator

My apologies for any confusion with my post.

I was trying to say, we have no issue with players coming into our games just to chat. We have a social game and welcome people to enter and enjoy the game as they see fit, even if that is just using the Chat.

All ideas are worth talking about with the team to weigh the pros and cons, to consider how they might effect the game (good or bad).

The Lounge (and Tavern Chats) are generally unmoderated places and designed for banter and trash talk. Players wanted a place where they could escape the confines of World Chat.

While I wish we could get involved with every comment or word that can be perceived as offensive, it opens too big of a door in terms of moderation as there are many phrases and words that to some would cross the line (but also not cross the line for others). Which defeats the purpose the Lounge in general.

To that end, we do have multiple chat options (such as group chats) so that players may curate their experience into something they enjoy best.

I do hope that helps clarify things. Again, my apologies for any confusion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    Smack likes this.
  18. S JORDAN

S JORDAN Member

I was just throwing out the idea that a player should be locked out of chat if they are inactive for extended period on game . I know at least 1 player in lounge daily who hasn't even clicked on a job or boss in a month.
    I find them amusing more than anything but at some point they should be cut off if they can't even do 2/3 of one days worth of dailies in a week

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

You are missing the point !!!
    I don't want it 'moderated', and it is not just me, but there needs to be if a players is gonna rant for any extended period of time while dead in the game, and we cannot do an anything to exact revenge then and there while they rant like crazy people that is unacceptable, we have asked kano even before the lounge/tavern, I don't care what they say, or how they say something, what I do care about is I cannot get even with them while they hide Dead, and even if I have those types muted, which I mostly do, it is very easy to know what is being said and about whom, by responses from everyone else, to make it fair, ya have to have enough health to be whipped or bountied for running your mouth.

JADES likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Correct Kirsten, in what way does a "mouth" not healed help out the game @ Barnacle?
    Simply, it doesn't.............

Kirsten likes this.