TGIF! Development News December 1st 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Dec 2, 2017.

1. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

If you are playing on android or IOS, which are the officially supported mobile apps from kano, you are not affected by the change. Only people who are playing the game through your mobile devices web browser are from what i can tell. They said the amount of people playing specifically in this way was a minute amount.

2. Navy Chief!

Navy Chief! Member

I play on both but my preference is the one they are closing. My right is pretty much frozen and I am a right hander. I have to use ONLY my left thumb with my left which also had issues courtesy of a place where sand is in abundance! It gets hurting and sore quite quickly.

3. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

4. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I'm so salty over this. :(:mad::(

5. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

So what was the vulnerability? Scripts? Bots? Ability to resize the screen? Supposedly very few of us were using the mobile web. So why not just block those that are getting bounties 24/7? Why take it from those of us that need the functionality?

The mobile app? I dunno. Maybe it's different on IOS. But on android, at least my device, I can't resize the screen. It won't landscape, I can't make it bigger, so it's too small for me to use for anything other than the calendar challenges.

I hear from other players that on the iPhone or iPad, all you do is hover over refresh with your left thumb and hover over where the attack would be with your right thumb. And then you just keeping thumbing mindlessly. Is that an exploit? That seems like that's a way that's unfair to others who can't do that. Or to those that don't have access to mobile devices.

Who couldn't use the mobile browser? Even in my old phone with Froyo, I could use it. It worked fine on desktop. It seems that now, the only ones that will get HL bounties are the iPhone/iPad users. Isn't that unfair to those who don't have those devices?

In the first 40 mins of this HL Blitz, I got maybe less than 10 attacks in. NONE on pc. All on mobile. And by the time I can get to Attack Again, it's done. Awesome sauce.

(sigh)

Crazy Inuit likes this.
  6. Navy Chief!

Navy Chief! Member

Even if I knew about this "exploit" I could not do it. I could barely hold my cell phone on my hand!

7. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Well, don't try it! I got a handcramp from it lol.

Oh man. Well I got my 100. It'll take me another 7 years to get the next level. Off to Syndicate Wars! Gotta do the stuff that I can. :D

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The app is designed to only run in Portrait mode. In terms of design the UI is identical on iOS and Android. Further, the buttons should be large enough to be more than usable on your Android device. There are large Refresh and Attack buttons on the hitlist.

SOHAIB likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I get bounties on my laptop, I would not even attempt in on a phone

10. Drummerist

Drummerist New Member

during some recent testing we found a some vulnerabilities in the mobile web version of the Hitlist/Bounty feature.

This specific vulnerability allowed players to exploit the Hitlist/Bounty feature in a way that was unfair for others who didn’t have access to it. In order to preserve game balance and make sure everyone has an equal opportunity,

By turning off the feature for PC users only you have created unfairness to them , other platforms also have methods enabling users to gain advantages in the hit list over the mouse slide click click method on PCs, you could suspend it on all platforms while you sort it out making it totally fair for all however the outcry then would be deafening, unwise and would lead to the demise of the game. What is fair for some is not for others so if you have the latest phones or tablets great, PC players were he first to play the game, loyalty to it is being questioned in here.

11. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I find it near impossible on the pc. By the time I hit refresh and try to mouse over to attack, it's gone. If I am lucky and get a hit in, there's no way I can mouse down fast enough to hit attack. Unless I am doing it wrong... which is possible.

12. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Perhaps for you and others. Those buttons aren't large enough for me at the speed that they need to be hit to get bounties.

13. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

Hunting on main Kanoplay has improved significantly. Nice Job Kano :cool:

14. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

still have unfair problem!!! nothing cchanged mobileapp has advantage over comp players unfair one

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Refresh on PC? Move mouse down? Doing something wrong is a YES by both those statements... :confused:

16. Tony_G

Tony_G Member

I know for a fact that you install a program called Bluestacks on a Windows device & ontop of that you are able to install Android programs, which I have done on my sons laptop he got last Christmas so that he can play Minecraft SO having said this you would then be able to resize the screen for LCN & I'm guessing you would be able to cheat that way (How I don't know as I don't cheat )

I'm wondering how long Kano are going to allow this thread to continue as they don't like to be criticized & then they lock threads down!!

KANO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CHEATING, shut the game down for a week or 2 & clear all those alts/script users/bot users/shared accounts (Oooh my son who is like 10 has a FB Acc & now plays LCN)!!!

17. neill1990

If you cant move your mouse down to the button fast enough, go into the settings which will either be in your mouses' specific software or if it doesnt have any through your OS and manually adjust the speed higher so the cursor moves across the screen faster.

Might take a little while to get use to but the less you have to move your hand the quicker overall you have the potential to be when it comes to catching bounties.

FancyPants likes this.
  18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I don't use a mouse the laptop has a track pad, but sure trying to get the cursor to where I want it fast enough can be a problem just like a mouse

FancyPants likes this.
  19. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

I dont know who has complained. If we are only a small amount of people using the mobile net, because we were unable to get any hitlist bounties on the pc, well, it does seem unfair to me, that you have taken it away. And yes, why dont you do something about the bots instead?

mstetz62 likes this.
  20. neill1990

i dont think many are realizing "take care of the bots" is not a simple task whatsoever. Its the same as saying "government, stop all crime in the country" It simple cannot happen and is improbable to ever be achieved.

A lot of the time people think since they cant get a bounty it is a script or bot user but when there are thousands of people playing the game daily and probably a couple hundred at any time hammering the refresh button waiting for one to pop. Inherently the more people playing the game the less likely you are to get the bounty. There are quite a bit of factors playing a role in obtaining said bounty as well. How many hits does it take to knock the guy out, how low is their health, latency with server, personal skill of memorizing where to click, how fast can you click per second (tap for mobile/trackpad users for the most part) ect. All these factors are playing a role for every single person going for the bounty in any given game at any one time during the day.

Kirsten likes this.