[LCN] Proposed PvP Balance Changes - Sept. 20 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I too was a long time player and left the game for PC and VC. Over 10K level player there. LCN was my first - LCN should take notes from VC & PC. The crafting here is out of whack. They need to take our old items and let us craft them. It is the only way to balance the game back out. The new people level at rates we never could so our list is full of obsolete items hence we have no power to combat new players which causes us to be disheartened, angry and frustrated. Clean it up Kano - all could take part in some specialty items we can craft with old obsolete items. I can hardly do any bosses available that will help me build strength so it forces you to buy. I have spent a lot of money over the years to find out that the items are worthless to what is being put out now. You have to put the game back in balance. I hope that putting more emphasis on skill points will help but I really don't think it will put the game back in balance. Hopefully I am wrong ;)

Mike Lyons and geckomaster like this.
  2. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

You have access to buy the same items as anyone. If you chose not to that's up to you. I understand why some don't, for a variety of different reasons - but there isn't some magical fairy forcefield that stops older players from buying the stuff newer players have. The stuff we buy today in a year will be "weaker" as well. Limited weapons are now higher than the crates were when I started. I don't whine about that, I just get newer weapons! If that will continue will be determined by Kano.

4. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

Are you kidding me!! Don't propose that the older players don't spend money - I spent tons of money in these games. I just choose to spend it in the Kano Games where the crafting and bosses are better. If you DumbDumb choose to spend you money here that is on you but watch what you say to others as you have NO idea how much others especially the older players have put into these games!!

Kirsten likes this.
  5. you know I tottally agree that these higher levels treat us new players like crap!! If they don't like you they will put your link up in the chat for other's to punch kill, it's higher levels and also others that do this also, and I'm so tired of hearing these higher levels whine, because I'm kiking one of them around and she is probably I bet one of them that have whined like a cry baby to you, it's not my fault that she hasn't gotten all of her hired guns, she could do the same as me but she refuses to spend money in a free game!! But we are the ones that have spent money in this game and it's not right for you to be taking our built strength away from us, just to keep this higher crybaby's higher levels happy when they choose not to spend money in this game, DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

you had a choice to build a strong account, with skill points, anyone that bought their way up in less than a year, to even be near the level of the long term players,IMO, took a shortcut, not saying you did, no idea, but for me that is a loophole, and that is on kano and those that used it,

7. Kirsten

Totally, agree

LuscLadyGreywolf and Kimbella like this.
  8. Kirsten

everyone had equal opportunity to build accounts without taking the easy way by spending large amounts of money in relatively short time anyone who started when mafia wars ended , that kano went out of their way to bring them in, and they had to know the majority of those players spent big time, for their main, and alt accounts there, I mean anyone in the gaming world knows that , and if Kano says they didn't know then they are out of the loop, but they saw $$$$$$$$ ,

LuscLadyGreywolf likes this.
  9. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

I think you missed my point. Some of the older players seem upset we have "taken shortcuts" or "the easy way." So when you spent money it was okay, but when we do it's shortcuts or the easy way. When you spent money the weapons were weaker than the current stuff - but there is nothing that blocked you from buying the current stuff and having an advantage of both higher level (skills) and weapons. The one thing I think we will all agree on is that it seems kano will find a way to screw us in the long run. My issue is they sold us weapons that provided a particular benefit, and we crafted our accounts accordingly then they change the equation to devalue our purchases. This is separate from the natural progression towards increasingly larger weapons. Further, while you may agree with them devaluing ours, and frankly your purchases, because you feel you will get some benefit out of it in the short term is tunnel vision. Anyone who purchased weapons just had them devalued, regardless of when they purchased them. The difference is the older weapons just took a bigger loss.

10. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

They havent said they are devaluing anything - I think a little tweak and everyone is jumping to conclusions - also spending is a personal choice so why get hung up on it - if you wish to spend - carry on

Kimbella and Kirsten like this.
  11. Kirsten

you did take shortcut and an easy way, think about it, if you are a high level playing in alittle over 500 days, compared to those that have been playing since the beginning, which I think is more than 6 years, at this point, I mean there weren't
    even a 1/4 of the things or features, that there are now, and people got to their levels with time, their energy , their passion, and their money, when items became available, when there were no raids, no calendars, no boosts, etc, think about that, we have prob all spent, prob as much as some of these new players but over the course of years, so yeah ya took a shortcut.

12. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

We have played the game as it was when we got here. We didn't put those features into the game. Raids existed before we got here, so am I to understand none of the older players did raids prior to our arrival, and still don't? That's how you make it sound. I fully realize from talking to people that the game today is different from it's inception. Talk to kano about that if you issues. So no we didn't take shortcuts, we played the game that is front of us.

13. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

raids is a new event it came right before you guys so before you talk about issues please know the exact time frame, also the items did not change like they do now either they would sit with the same crate for 3 months it was season. 4 updates a year, job items and boss drops trumped buying items, the game had balance you could buy all power and not do bosses or you would still lose unless you piled alot of s.p. in att/def. things could be fixed easily if they would listen to use before it gets this bad, also i can remember when they would actually bump old bought items up to par with new items of course this was way early in the game...

Kimbella likes this.
  14. poor porch ... you're "picked on" by higher levels BECAUSE YOU NEVER SHUT UP. You STARTED the game by going after the highest level players that wouldn't add you. You have asked others to open their bosses to get into them, and THEN turned around and told them that their bosses are "junk". You're whining and crying here about higher levels coming after you, yet I know FOR A FACT that you targeted players that left your syndicate because they were tired of staying dead because of all the trash talking YOU were doing in world chat as well as the lounge. So my suggestion is to sit back, PLAY the game and stop pretending that you are a victim.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. this is EXACTLY what those of us that have been playing for a LONG time have been saying .... the workshop is becoming obsolete .... the bosses drops are actually better than the craft items anymore. It would be in EVERYONE'S best interest if the workshop was revamped so that it was actually WORTH crafting items.

16. that is NOT what they are saying at all. They are saying that if you have bought weapons and have not used your points to get your CHARACTER stronger through attack and defense, the weapons will not have the same effect as if you HAD built your skills .... think of it this way, if you are 8K in attack and defense (base skills)and you have your bought weapons, you will be stronger than if you only have 5K in attack and defense. If a sniper constantly hones his skill, he's going to be a better shot than someone that goes out shooting targets once every once in a while.

Sir Opinion Alot and Crazy Inuit like this.
  17. EXACTLY the point. When the older players bought new items, they were the top of the line, but as we have played, those items have become useless as new items have been brought into the game. There HAS to be a balance between "old school" and "new school" items somewhere down the line as some have spent a small fortune on items that are now useless and we can't do anything with them.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  18. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

The raids had already repeated before we got here. Your timeline is off:

Raid Boss 3 Walkthrough and Feedback Thread
    Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 21, 2015. <--- Date. Date. Date. And that's the 3rd one, so the first 2 were in 2014.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  19. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

If they are useless you can sell them back for FPs. It's a diminished return but 3 items of weaker strength equal one new good sale item (some of which are in the 500's now) which is more total then the three old items combined in some cases. Kano already covered you.

* Useless meaning you no longer use it in either attack or defense.

20. but if we spent MONEY to get the items, why shouldn't we get at least an equitable amount in return? I mean come on, if you buy a used car and restore it to factory condition, wouldn't you want at LEAST your investment back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.