[LCN] Crafting

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by eric smith, Aug 23, 2017.

1. eric smith

eric smith Member

no I want old gifts to have better stats on them and to be used more to craft other items with instead of just sitting in our inventory not being used for anything

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I want a million dollars.

3. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

Old gifts will probably NEVER have better stats but even the newest craftable items reuse old gifts. So there you go. Port Haven drone sentry uses a blade tonfa and a broomhandle in it's construction. See? You got half your wish already. :D

4. eric smith

eric smith Member

Thats good! now they only got fifty more or so old gifts to use up :D

5. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Eric this idea has long long been raised. Kano declined to implement it. The idea was to be able to use already crafted weapons to craft a new item for your inventory with usable Att or Def stats. It would certainly help older players who have accumulated masses of useless inventory.
    Originally sending gifts was needed because they were required to craft weapons. and those crafted weapons actually contributed stats to your mob. Sometime around when Prague or Berlin was introduced crafted items started becoming less usable. With ASIS for example one could select to craft either a def or Att inventory item using the same base drop.... But then crafting ceased to add value to your inventory altogether as new city bosses had drops that surpassed anything that could be crafted using gifts. This is now the norm, Boss drops being better than crafted item. Crafting used to be a BIG part of the game. It added to your strength and players would want to actually level slowly because they wanted the most from crafting in that city as possible. With Raids and the increased rate of cities this game play fundamentally altered. It is part of the reason older players leveled so much slower than now, and those that leveled quickly were comparatively weaker. This too has now changed. With Raids you can level quickly and remain strong, plus they render crafting useless and it has become a defunct part of game play.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  6. eric smith

eric smith Member

thank you xipe tptec, so why don't they just get rid of the gifts then and open up more memory in the game for other events. if crafting isnt any good anymore then why have it available in the game any longer. who wants thousands of gift items with less than 10 att/def stats. I look at my inventory now and it takes alittle while to go thru all of it, and 2/3 of
    it even at my low level is junk now. same way with buying gear in the stockade, very little of it is useful now also.

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I don't think "memory" in the game is an issue. We're not playing Pong from 1973, this is 2017.

8. eric smith

eric smith Member

well its that time , I am quitting the game. nice debating with you jared, Kristen and everyone else. this games just too boring and has too many problems in it to continue playing and wasting
    my time