TGIF! Development News August 11 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Aug 12, 2017.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No, they already have the ability to boost up to 37%, that's way beyond fair.

2. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I agree JADES! A big NO! If they do start that on viking clan? makes the bosses useless! just lvl & add to attack, no point in building a character when all you gotta do is lvl and add to attack, Kano? WTF!

Old Salt likes this.
  3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

adding new jobs would be nice and all but then all would need to have their lvl adjusted down per location to allow new ones in. Dont see that being a big issue but would think time spent on readjusting and coming up with new names items ect would be better spent allocated towards new locations or ideas that have been on the planned to be implemented section of the forums.

the main issue regarding the players with high tier inventory is more of a problem that comes down to old locations having to strong of drops for their time, at least in pirate clan. might be a tad different in the other games not entirely sure since i have never broken it all down. i have however made a thread dedicated to this in the past not to long ago around the time london was released. In the thread i have listed all of the item drops currently in game and what their projected stats should be around given a proper curve sicne some such as the alpha raptor and ape shaman are out of their league given the time of their release. i do understand adjusting the items now would lead to severe backlash but taking into consideration the stats the items should currently be roughly around and the stats they are now could change it so that the next location is the baseline so from here on out the items are properly aligned to where they should be. To properly do that the curve would need to be adjusted given the highest drops currently available pre crafting then set the next one above and go from there -
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/items-stats-across-the-board.30240/

4. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

I've mentioned this a couple times too.....also make achievements for like level 100, 500, 1000 on ny, chicago, london etc

5. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

as far as resetting the lower city bosses, make them still good exp bosses, but make the elites & optimal drops VERY nice stats, better than those in the highest cities. Give us some stuff to reuse our old useless stuff. For the low-mid city bosses, especially on LCN, make another set after optimals...like platinum or something and give them awesome stats, but I'm guessing it would take tons to make them. Threw my 2 cents in.

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

For the masses, friends and enemies alike:

What does an annoying pepper do?

It gets jalapeño face!

AlterEgoT, Scoughman and Mike Lyons like this.
  7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

would be nice also too see that u guys come up with a another game an that would be a cool idea also an make it alittle different instead the ones u got now :)

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

They already tried that, and I don't think it went very well. I don't even think it's even being supported any more.

9. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

LCN can keep it :p

10. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

YAY! TYVM

Scoughman likes this.
  11. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

what game?

And for the record the do jack about any of those new tips you gave them. The are still working for a mobile app :D

12. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Regular fighting? A lot of these cagers just hide so there is no getting back at them. Please don't endorse shortcuts which is what cagematching is and DO NOT spread it to the other games. There were restrictions put on cagematching years ago for a reason, players were abusing the hell out of something that was originally just meant to be used at the dawn of their careers to fight back against stronger opponents until they could establish themselves. That's why it should just be limited to lower level players. Keeping it around just encourages lazy builds of all-attack and using the crappy XP they give off when attacked as a kind of default defense. As mentioned weaker players have the boosting ability already. You shouldn't be able to use something like cagematching to compensate for the fact you can't compete. That's on you. Change your build then. KANO shouldn't be endorsing people use crutches like caging.

Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your pirate and trying to improve it instead of just falling back on something to bail you out?

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Old Salt

Exactly. Do not outsource this shortcut to other games and please restrict it to just lower levels in PC.

14. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

You could always list a cager if they were being annoying ;) I agree if you build your character specifically for caging then you should be very weak in every other way, and that it should mostly be a way to participate in fighting until you can compete on a regular level. We could look at it as an event type rather than a persistent method of fighting, and yes we could also limit it to being useful in certain areas only. It's just an idea at this point, we are looking at other methods of balancing older players vs. newer players right now.

@Mike Lyons I think crafting is definitely an area that could use some revision, and I promise we'll get to it as soon as we resolve some of these other outstanding issues. It may well be part of our solution to these problems but at least we'll look to get everything in a logical progression.

@neill1990 There are definitely some drops that are out of whack with the initial progression, but adjusting those is very awkward now considering how players have worked hard to collect a bunch of them. The curve problem does concern us and we're looking at ways to address this going forward too.

More achievements are on the way too! Keep your eyes peeled for more updates in this week's TGIF.

15. Old Salt

Exactly why it should just be a training wheel feature for say a pirate's first five thousand levels or so. Anyone still using it as a form of fighting after that is not growing with the game and that's where the feature becomes a minus.

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Again you guys do not play, listing someone does not deter anyone, it would not deter me if I wanted to keep going, traps won't stop most, and neither do counters, and players like cagers give the worst XP when attacking cause they have no defense and they hide, so no listing is an option if you can find them alive, no one likes a cager, I have some raid leveling fools trying to win against me with cages and they no longer can, but that is besides the point, when I first started this game there was no cage matching, and most of us hate cagers and last but not least, once someone has full clan, reaches a certain level, like maybe 7k and has all the stupid achievements, that feature can be locked on that player, players., We the players ask for things which really will help make the game better and we get raids, instead, and links instead and other things that you guys think are nice, but again you DO not play, so you really don't know, ya like suits in a corporate office making decisions for the factory worker, when ya have no idea what goes on in the factory.

Xipe Totec likes this.
  17. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

I appreciate the input, guys. We are working on playing the games more and getting hands on experience with things like this. In the meantime it helps a lot to get your perspective, that's why I come to the forums :)

It's always a balance between what different groups of players want; the raids are the most popular event in the game by far and tons of players love them, so I think they are firmly here to stay. On the other hand, I think you guys have some critical insight about caging here and if we do move ahead in considering caging for other games, we'll certainly look at limiting it by level or eliminating it once you hit a certain point. And we could look at bringing those changes to Pirate Clan as well once we get some of the more urgent issues solved.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Wow, that is great, please don't disappoint me, cause I feel like there is hope regarding caging for the first time in years lol except for the part about adding it to the other games, that is A BIG NO, Raid levelers who have not taken the years like the veteran players are weak and they are most likely the biggest cry babies, complaining about getting beat up in a game, that kano once said, to beat the snot out of each other, boy time has changed, now it is Oh let's help the crybabies , sad :p

Old Salt likes this.
  19. Old Salt

Thank you for listening to our perspectives. And yes, Raids may be popular but they are doing the most damage to the game, especially by running them so often. People are outrunning the locations now and the game is being thrown out of balance since you have so many raid weaklings up in high levels and I suspect these are the people crying to you guys about bringing cagematching to other games.
    And it would really be a slap in the face to us if you exported cagematching to the other three games with limits but left it "as is" in PC, even for the time being. Please rework it in PC first so that it does expire as an option for players when they reach a certain level and if you do introduce it to the other games use the same limited model you hopefully will have by then in PC.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member