[LCN] LCN Lounge Chat Improvements Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SparkleMotion, Jul 18, 2017.

1. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

Hi everyone,

Check out our post describing the current situation before commenting please! You can see it here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/fb-lcn-lounge-chat-concerns.32943/

This thread is intended to be a discussion with LCN Facebook players around the state of lounge chat. I know a lot of you love it, and I know a lot of you have realized it's not in a great state. We want to work with you to change that. The social aspects of our game have consistently come back as the favourite feature in surveys that we run, which is why we're always trying to improve it.

As always, any comments that aren't on topic, blaming specific people / syndicates or are disrespectful will be removed. Let's keep this discussion healthy, respectful, and productive!

2. kessie570

kessie570 New Member

If Player A complains about Player B but doesn't mute them why not just let the Admin put the mute on permanently? If they didn't want them muted they'll soon learn to stop complaining to Admin about stuff or just use the mute themselves

Skrampth and john garry like this.
  3. Deadly Walker

Deadly Walker Member

Where is this "Lounge Chat"? I need a good "chuckle"...

Skrampth and I Scratch Myself like this.
  4. john garry

john garry New Member

ok just my tuppence ,personally i love loungue-you know we can have a bit of banter and theres nothing wrong with banter as long as its not taken to rl stages,or racist ,sexist comments etc-personally i never reported no1 in my life till the last year and that has being(i think)just 1 guy-now i wouldnt even have bothered reporting said guy only he was constantly reporting me and others for saying things that werent nowhere as bad as stuff as he was saying!Thanks kano for giving us loubgue-i hope it continues i dont use it daily but sure find it more enjoyable than chat was :).Basically what im trying to say is people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!does that make sense in relation to loungue and reporting?i hope so!thank you again!

Skrampth likes this.
  5. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Some folks just aren't happy if they aren't complaining about something. The tools are in place to handle the problem at hand; mute. If you refuse to use mute then you are part of the problem. I get the whole well I should never be subjected to that type of chat in the first place argument but to that I say then don't use a chat tool online. The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in some people. Troll I believe is the appropriate term. Don't give the trolls what they want; a reaction. Simply mute them then they don't exist.

shane7 likes this.
  6. john garry

john garry New Member

im not disagreeing with any of the points you made pal,some are quite valid but this i think is about the difference between wc and loungue -if you dont wann a see the nasty stuff you can stay in wc but yeah i agree certainly on the point re muting....so more or less folk still diss you its just behind your back now?nah mutings not for me.if people are saying shit about me id rather know saying that i only ever had 1 person doing it and he hasnt as of late(i didnt take it too personal either as he said a lot worse about others wasnt like he was picking on me-i just drew the line when he began to troll my fb page and brought family members into it ,thats just plain wrong in anybody with a brains books

7. Harley Vixen

Harley Vixen New Member

Honestly the lounge can be a good thing if some people would not monopolize it and use it as a place to seek attention and continue to run down others. This is a game and everything said should be pertaining to the game and nothing personal, that is why we have messenger and fb walls if that person is a friend and most syns have there own facebook pages to deal with syndicate stuff.. LCN mobwars links should not be put into a chat box for the world to hit, its one thing to punch your pals to say Hi but another when links are spread by peeps that are mad at someone else and sending there link to be hitlisted and punched by them in chat. Isn't that why we have the hitlist button and punch buttons within the game. Lounge seems to me sometimes like a war zone with little kids spraying insults at each other with a huge audience to get more attention. I think its time that some of these larger syns have driveby wars so they can have the bragging rights of who is the best, maybe the arena could be used for this purpose to get some of the arguments out of the way. Its a fight game let them fight each other to the death in a death match!!!!

Rhenkle1 and eric smith like this.
  8. SparkleMotion

Great discussion so far! Like I noted in the first posts anything off topic or not contributing to a healthy discussion will be removed, just as a heads up.

What we're really looking for here is solutions. We have a lot of ideas ourselves, but we want to hear from players about what they think would make the best lounge possible. Do we have stricter rules? Do we force mute players? Do we take the whole thing down?

Rehashing that it's a problem isn't helping at this point, we're aware that it's frustrating and that's why we're looking to change :) Let's try and gear this towards solving the problem, since the problem itself has already been acknowledged.

Thanks everyone!

9. SparkleMotion

It sounds like you're describing World Chat here. The rules are much more strict, no name calling, no sexual jokes, no out of game comments, and players get banned on an escalating basis starting with a warning. That kind of moderation requires a lot of time on our part, time that could be spent making more impactful changes, so having a second chat room with that kind of moderation would be unlikely, so we'd probably look to close Lounge in that case.

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No one can run anyone out of the game, if the WC or the lounge is something someone does not like than stay out of it, why should everyone else have to do without, most of us have alot of fun in the lounge where we can let loose and make fun of ourselves and others, as far as personal, unless you let people know anything about your personal life, making vague remarks or being called names , is not something that people should let bother them, I go back verbally at highers players as well as lower levels, makes no difference to me, if I want to I know the deal, if I get listed , so be it, I am only a pixel in a GAME, I do get tired of the people that constantly don't like this or that and then kano relents to the squeaky wheel making the games less fun for those of us who can dish it out and take it, and have fun with it, these are fighting games, at least so far, I see some changes in the works to help the players who really don't like the PVP aspect and want to be left alone, which I find funny, until Kano does something to make them happy and take away the fighting parts, if I wanted to play a non PVP game I would, and I just hope kano stops babysitting everyone, and making changes to the games for the ones who are thin skinned, we are adults. Leave the lounge alone, it is so freeing to be able to use my daily vocabulary rather than have to use alternative words, so I don't get banned :)

11. Kirsten

threats are against the rules, in each of the chats, report them and if they are real threats the people will be banned,other than that , if someone does not like the WC or tavern , then don't open it, I know people that don't open them , that is an easy solution

eric smith likes this.
  12. Kirsten

Mute works for me all the time, the real crazies and ranting trolls get muted, , silence is golden :)

Farqu and eric smith like this.
  13. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Personally I'm tired of all the griping about the chat. If folks can't behave or feel they are morally superior remove it from the platform. Take away their toy. Until you learn how to behave no toy for you. Enough already. As has been stated there are tools in place it is the choice of the individual to not use them and instead blame others. Owwwie my eyes got hurt by what I read and now my brain has been exposed. The real question that needs to be asked is this a LCN problem or a Facebook problem. Sounds like FB to me.

14. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

lets just put it this way when you enter that Lounge Chat you are taking it at YOUR OWN RISK!! cause if ya start something with someone it is only but your fault an not the other player who didnt start anything, so if ya get jump by a chit load then well u know what u deserve it possible...so SparkleMoon if i was you i would just constantly have your Team to Monitor the Lounge without popping in which it be like a UnderCover situation type of stuff ;) Problem Solved without taking it down :)

eric smith likes this.
  15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Take it away from all platforms when there's only a problem with one? THAT sounds fair.

16. eric smith

eric smith Member

I've tried to sit back in the lounge chat room and also have nice friendly chats, but everyday, the same few people that I mentioned in my ticket to you keep calling me by someone else's account name or come up with personal insults about this person who I am supposed to be.

From what I see everyday in there, we get a few hours maybe of peaceful chat until these certain people come in and start up the thing with us.

Sure there is the mute button in the chat room, but muting them doesn't stop them either. I've muted people to have them come right back laughing at me and saying there's nothing I can do to make them shut up.

I've engaged in some of the chats about the insults they bring up keeping it friendly and not insulting when i can.

so please tell me what good does the mute button do when they just go around it. and really a chat with fierce and rough chats being engaged between both sides, that's not always the case,

these few people come in and attack or insult people that don't even talk to them the minute they see you chatting with others, the more you try to ignore them the worse they get.

so why even have the chat room if you allow this to keep going on. you say its not your responsiblity, but it is, your the ones who created the chat and disabled the world chat which had at least some filters in it to control some of this.

some of them might not have been so good but a lot of the restrictions were. And the restrictions you have in the lounge, are laughed at and they just push right pass them and still nothing is being done.

so please don't say its not your responsibility when you allow them to do the exact same thing you posted in the rules that are not allowed.
    how to make it better and easier for you? at least get up and do some thing when complaints are filed, you could also make it a rule that if people are no longer in the game, or are dead, any insults or personal attacks about them will get people banned for awhile or permanently. its not fair to those who have passed on or no longer play the game to be insulted or their friends attacked and insulted becuz of the people who no longer are able to defend themselves., that way you would not have to monitor the chat room either and it can be kept peaceful.

you could also visit now and then and tell us about something new being planned for the game. or maybe have some type of game that could be played in the lounge maybe a guessing game that could be played there on several topics with a prize for the first two to guess the right answer. I've seen that in many games in chats also., not sure what else could be done in the chats, but I will think on how you can improve it.

17. eric smith

eric smith Member

that's not always the case, I go in there and just say hi and then all stuff starts flying at me and others, I do agree if you start things then you deserve what you get, but I also have ignored some times things being said to me and others. prime example, today I came in to the chat, it was nice and peaceful for about a hour, then in comes the ones who start stuff and a few people start slinging stuff about others, then when the others come in, same thing right away stuff is slung around the room from the other side, and others join in it causing a lot of disruption in the chat room.

that crap goes on most of the rest of the day until someone leaves on both sides, by that time. i have said my piece in the chats and i get tired of the crap slug at me or other people which is not true, so I leave the chat.

always being told to shut the f---up or healed so they can just jump on you and get others to jump on you also. when they accused me of being someone else or some thing that's not true, then i just ignore them until i leave the chat. But being accused of the same thing day in and day out does get tiring and is not even related to the game.

18. Kirsten

You do not have to open it, either I find mute is a godsend and works as a bookmark also lol I also l usually can tell when someone I have muted it in the tavern, by others responses and then I have some fun with it, it is fun to talk trash to a few crazies when ya don't have to see what they are saying but ya know their whole deal well enough lol to make fun of them.

eric smith likes this.
  19. eric smith

eric smith Member

but I do like your ideal about support monitoring the chat room undercover without saying a word.

20. Kirsten

Many people have that happen, just ignore it, don't feed the trolls , mute them and do ya own thing, I guarantee silence is golden in these types of situations :)

eric smith likes this.