Here's my gripe...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jared, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I entered the Facebook drawing on May 24th (which happens to be my birthday).
    The good news is I was one of the winners.
    The bad news is because I'm not a Facebook whore, I don't check it on a daily basis, so I missed out on responding in time with my platform and gamer ID to collect my prize, which will apparently be given to someone else in a future drawing. I inquired about this and got the typical Kano Kricket response, and I figured this out for myself.
    FFS... this is exactly why I stopped playing the lottery each day.
    I'll bag the stupid Facebook drawings from now on, too. I'm not going to check for Facebook messages simply for this, because I don't use it for anything else.
    Yet another way that one platform is catered to more than others.
    Happy birthday to me!

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Give Jared his favor points and few extra. PM him here in forums he'll see it LOL :p

3. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

Sorry to hear that happened Jared, it's definitely frustrating to miss out on free FP. We make it pretty clear that there's a deadline on the prizes, but I can give you a little something for the frustration. Can you PM me your VC ID number? :)

Also fun coincidence, May 24th is also my dad and brothers birthday. [​IMG]

Kirsten likes this.
  4. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

Well a simple solution would be for one of your Syndicate members or a friend check KANO's Facebook page and if you are a winner let them notify you. Then you can selectively check into Facebook for the message. Think outside the box ..........

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sparkle. And please thank whoever it was that looked into this if it wasn't you. It looks like something was done.
    P. S. What are the odds of your dad and your brother both having the same birthday? I don't even think I've heard of that.

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support, man, I always knew you were one of the cooler players on here.

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I have a simpler solution... post an announcement in the news feed when the winners are selected like they do when they announce the contest in the first place.

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

My grandson and his mom have the same birthday.

SparkleMotion likes this.
  9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Good news: the winners are being announced in the news feed in game now.
    Bad news: the contests are no longer being announced in the news feed in game now.
    If I cared anymore, I would make random chat and feed posts and send random in game messages to players in my mob. "Is the FB contest running yet? When can I enter? Can you let me know when it's running so I can enter?"
    The next update will probably be a pop-up every time someone enters so you'll know.

10. SparkleMotion

We changed who was handling the contests so it sounds like this was just something lost in transition. I'll check in and make sure we get that posted both times. Thanks for the heads up Jared!

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Congrats to our weekly prize winners! Tracy Fehr, Anna Welch and Keith Todd Goode. Check our FB page for your next chance to win
    I guess I missed the announcement for the drawing this week...

12. SparkleMotion

Make sure to follow the VC page on Facebook to see when it's coming up, it's either Wednesday or Thursday afternoon each week. Sometimes we're going to miss putting it in the news but the contest will still happen :)

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This was the reason why I mentioned this:
    And now:

14. SparkleMotion

I did get the procedure updated so it's posted both when it's announced and when the winners are announced, when I meant by "Sometimes we're going to miss putting it in the news but the contest will still happen" is that sometimes we forget, or a mistake will happen that prevents it from going out in the news. Players know when the contests are held, so you should be able to check FB on those days to double check if we happened to miss it for whatever reason :)

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Congratulations to our weekly giveaway winners: Donald F Baird, Mark Smith and Nikola Milenkovic. Sign up for our Fan Page for your next chance! https://www.facebook.com/mobwarslacosanostrafans/

Players know when the contests are held? Really? It doesn't seem like there is a schedule anymore. It used to be you could start entering on Monday and the drawing was held Wednesday. That's still happening?
    I've already won once, so I don't care. I actually started checking the FB page, and I didn't see any announcement about a contest this week. I just saw posts about posting your invite code and the boosts (which ARE announced dutifully in the feeds each week).

16. SparkleMotion

For the three months that I ran the contest it was up on Wednesday, and the winners were contacted on Thursday. They are still going up at that time, unless there is some issue on our end that pushes it to Thursday. There were two additional contests that came up on Mondays because they corresponded with a holiday themed item set that we wanted to give away. Contests have always lasted 24 hours, though one of the holiday themed ones from a few months ago may have been two days.