December 17th Developer Update - High Roller challenge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A brand new style of Challenge has been released to Dubai and Medellin in Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra today called the High Roller. The rules of the game are simple, based on the Dealer's card decide if your card will be Higher or Lower. You also decide how many Chips you wish to wager (1, 2 or 4 Chips) before the Dealer is given their card which affects the type of payout you will receive.

• Wager: Use the slider to choose how much you wish to wager on your current hand.
    • Decide: Make the choice if you think your card will be Higher or Lower than the dealer's.
    • Result: If you choose correctly you will Win a Payout, if you Draw with the dealer you will receive your wager back and if you Lose you will receive nothing.
    • Clear Bonus: Win the required number of hands to complete this game within the time limit. Note that a your wager has no effect on 'Hands Won'. ie: a win with a 4 chip wager still only counts as 1 hand won.

Head to Dubai or Medellin to start this game and as always we appreciate your feedback about this new feature.

Attached Files:

2. rompicoglioni

rompicoglioni New Member

This high roller stuff is crap. I have never been so dissapointed as I am with this portion of the game. What does randomly guessing if a card is high or low have to do with a game called MobWars. If you want more money or more participation, find something that rewards attacks, hits etc., not some stupid mindless card game.

3. Red

Red Member

80 hands is too much , and if that is going to stay at least when we bet 4 chips that should count as 4 wins, having 24 chips and bet each one at a time is annoying

4. Vinny

Vinny New Member

yeah - these mini games are pretty weak - also the number of hands required to win in the amount of time given for the higher level cities are not quite fair IMO - are you just expecting us to spend GP to finish them?

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

High Roller has just received an update that will address some of the concerns that many of you have had with this feature.

The number of hands you must successfully complete to finish the game has been reduced by HALF!

To maintain a balance for those that have been playing these since they launched the following changes have also occurred:
    • All win payout XP and Cash values have been doubled (not including the Clear Bonus)
    • Chips now reload at 1 per hour (instead of 30mins)
    • The maximum # of chips that you can hold is now 12 (instead of 24)
    • You start the game with 6 Chips (instead of 10)
    For players who have an existing High Roller running this change will have no negative affect on your game and will actually reduce the # of hands required to win on the fly. If you happen to have more than 100% of the required wins (ie: 30 of 25 Wins) you will be awarded the clear bonus as soon as you start your next hand.

We appreciate your comments so please let us know what you think of these changes to the High Roller.

6. BSaintD

BSaintD New Member

Just noticed the change tonight, thanks, I thought I'd had another 30+ hands to go :) BUT- does it make sense to have reduced the number of hands required to complete a game by half, whilst doubling the length of time to earn more chips? It seems to me that the two would cancel each other out, maybe I'm just looking at it all wrong :confused:

7. Doc Morpheus

Doc Morpheus Member

I need a new dealer at my table! :D

8. kmob

kmob New Member

wondering.

my deck has 6x 5's in it, and 5x queens

where are they getting the decks from ?

9. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

[/FONT]
    The first time I did 1 of these if I can remember correctly I had 44 hands to complete took me near 2 days to complete it and I play everyday.
    The bootlegger. The junkies sales them to the bootlegger for alcohol and cigarettes.
    I like the new update for Challenges. The achievement status shows up at the bottom now so you don't have click on the play game button just to check and see how many you have to complete.

10. Deborah Zallen

Deborah Zallen New Member

Did the Odds change when you change the games. They seemed to be skewed all wrong

Since you have change the game it seems the odds have also change. I deal blackjack and the odds of getting an Ace when you have a King is really low and the odds of getting a 2 when you have a 3 is also pretty low. However more often than not I seem to loose in these types of situations. Did you change the odds when you changed the game? Someone needs to go back and look up the odds when playing Blackjack and fix you program calculations!

11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

As far as I know, the odds have not been adjusted. If you still feel that there is an issue then send a message into support and we can investigate further.

12. nothing is truly random

theres defo some type of pattern system with it

patterns might be randomly shuffled but thats it

i been noticing if dealer has a king and mines a ace

that the next in line

is usually a 3

and most likely will draw a 2

so on and so on and so on

happens more times than not

13. Daflood

Daflood New Member

How can I unlock height roller?
    Please can you help!!

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey Daflood. This is a really old post, nice find digging it up.

High Roller challenges exist in the following locations only:
    • Las Vegas
    • Moscow
    • Dubai
    • Medellin
    • Johannesburg
    • Bangkok
    Once you have made it to those locations you can unlock these challenges by completing a corresponding Job achievement such as "Blackmail 15 Sheiks" in the case of Dubai.

Daflood likes this.
  15. Daflood

Daflood New Member

Thank you
    I m not used to the new mob wars
    I use to play on the old app then I have lost all
    My account from it stoped from all my FP the level I gain
    Well !! Thank you a lot for the help

Smack likes this.