[LCN] Increase World Boss Health

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Friendly Fire, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

You guys really need to fix this... you know if there is an exploit anywhere that people will take advantage of it with their bots or toolbars, it's human nature... Why won't you fix it? What is the real reason. If it's broken you can repair it... you made the game so obviously you can repair it... I know bots and toolbars are capable of exploits for those who do not have the Internet savy to write their own scripts... which makes usage of such products a cash cow for the providers of them. If it's not a bot and simply an influx of new players then increase the health of the boss to resolve the issue. You know how many new members there are and how much damage they ought to cummatively produce. If it's not the use of exploits than obviously it is a problem with the script and the math is off. If they are able to over attack it brings a serious concern that external exploits are being used. It's your game we can't fix it so we rely on you to keep it up to par for us. There would be no need for this thread and it would be one less major issue for devs to deal with if they just fixed the problem and got it over with. We are asking for your help, we shouldn't need to beg :(

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You're welcome?

In all seriousness I appreciate the screenshot and your diligence to monitor this issue. As you have noticed the starting health for the Scotland Yard world boss was in error once again and in fact more dramatically worse than previous bosses. I have recently been looking into this issue and while trying to identify the root cause I boosted the health of bosses on FB to account for bosses being defeated too quickly. As you can see this flew right in my face and made the problem worse :(

So where do we go from here? For starters I am going to manually boost up the health remaining on the world boss by 4.3 billion to make up for the initial HP loss. I also have a bit more information at my fingertips to hopefully nip this in the bud so it does not happen in the future. I understand the frustration of players around this but please bear with us. We will get this sorted out.

Zoe Bell likes this.
  3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I can assure you no one is exploiting the world boss to be able to do more damage than they should be able to. See the post above this for a little insight but you are right, we can and will repair this.

"We can rebuild him; we have the technology!"

Zoe Bell likes this.
  4. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Thanks and please know my sarcasm is borne out of frustration

Zoe Bell, Scoughman and Smack like this.
  5. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I feel the same. I am frustrated and will always support my friends and older players. There is so much happening right now in game... so many new issues that we haven't had in the past and it drives us to question the cause of these problems... With the knowledge we have acquired about the issues involving the use of exploits and of bots in mafia wars it is only natural that we would question if the same external types of exploits in LCN too :( Thank you Smack for the update and working so diligently to repair it :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    sable likes this.
  6. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

Well, it seems a good course of action is looking at who did the most damage. Someone was doing as much damage proportional to having 100,000 health. It isn't a matter of *how much health the boss has* but who is doing damage that no one should be capable of doing.

7. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Hey gang — we found the source of the error and have patched it. Basically, two sets of numbers didn't agree what the health should start out at. The reduced health at the start didn't have to do with any players, so no worries there. Really appreciate you guys being committed to bringing this up and letting us know there was a problem, and of course we'll do our best to fix anything like this that comes up in future.

8. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Only taken them 4 months ;)

9. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In 5 days we will find out if they figured out how the World Boss works lol

10. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

Mitch and co, can you please fix the world bosses on fb/k1 lcn back to their original health? We are killing them before the next boss comes out, so we are at 2-3 days without a world boss :( Or, please change them to 5 day timeframes and/or get a new boss out please so we always have a boss to pound on, thanks

11. Alfredo Scarface

Can someone get a screenshot a bit before 4 hours after the next world boss starts? It'll show how many people have attacked once and how much health is gone. Once people can get a 2nd attack in it goes to crap. You can see an average per hit once everyone only has 1 attack in.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What I will do is get a review of the current timing of the Bosses, like how long they take to kill, how long between each one, etc, to get some sort of happy medium for these types of requests.

We try to be as accommodating as we can, but a better solution is needed over tweaking the WB health up and down every few months. So I will see what we can do there.

13. Sandy Barrows

Whats the delay with fixing the world boss ?

14. Sandy Barrows

8 months now since it was flagged as a problem - sorry not good enough devs

15. Sandy Barrows

In fact its closer to 9 months this was raised in april 2016 - :(

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It was fixed, Scoughman posted as much on Sept 1. Which, while not of blinding speed, was a few months ago.

Unless there is another issue you'd like to make us aware of?

17. Sandy Barrows

We have huge gaps where we have one or no world boss ??

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I thought you were referring to the issue of the chunk of Health being taken off, my apologies.

As above, I responded to another player last week saying that I would talk to the developers about the current pacing of the World Bosses.

19. Sandy Barrows

Mitch ty for addressing my query - I wasnt being sarcastic - I thought your realised what was happening - there is a problem - I trust that you will address it - ty in anticipation

mi7ch likes this.
  20. Alfredo Scarface

Comparing LCN and VC, the The 86ers (Level 40 Las Vegas World Boss) vs Freyja (Level 32 Vanaheim World Boss) the LCN one, I'd be interested in how many manage to get to the 25 required. Not many I'd wager. By contrast, I expect many more got 30s/40s/50s attacks in on the Viking one. Is that how the world boss should be in LCN? Next world boss starts in 18 hours. If someone could get a screenshot within a few minutes of the boss starts and posts it here, it'd be appreciated. It'll show number of attackers and how much health it goes down by. It'll show if the problem has been resolved. The problem was someone or some people were attacking with attacks inconsistent with the amount of health any person playing should have.