ZS December 3rd- New homepage functionality and improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The What:
    New homepage functionality and improvements:
    -social feed and game history are now split up into 2 different sections
    -feeds are no longer in scrollable windows to give largest possible viewable area
    -counters for updates/reminders
    -new layout will support new features/improvements that we have planned and is far scalable than what we had before
    -performance improvements, less modules are being loaded which should improve performance
    -more info for top squad earnings

The Why:
    This has been a change that is long overdue and was not one that we did because we don't have enough to do. When we first launched ZS, we relieved a lot of negative feedback on the layout of the homepage with usability and how the information was displayed. At that time we were less concerned with home page usability and more concerned with getting the game out with new features.

In retrospect, we should have prioritized this home page layout change earlier but unfortunately we did not and for that I apologize.

The Feedback:
    As always we appreciate and listen to players feedback, if you do have feedback please be as specific as possible so we can address them.

2. cesarr

cesarr Member

I like it! but it would be better to sperate "Collect Rewards" and boss help

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  3. Jessica

Jessica Member

It looks pretty nice and I agree with the above poster that it would be helpful if the boss section only contained requests for helps. If you have a larger squad the spam from boss defeats makes it hard to see who needs help. It would also be awesome if when a boss was defeated the help request disappeared if thats possible. I've clicked on boss help requests many times just to see the boss was already dead. :p

4. malific

malific Member

I like the new way of setting up things, just have to get used to it yet. It´s working way faster too.

One thing that does bother me is the fact that whenever I start checking for old news feed (i.e. Shooters or Squad contracts which were asked for long ago) I have to click multiple times on the "older posts" link. It used to be a one-click list (which took quite long, so I´m glad you changed it) but now I even have to click multiple times to get one help displayed. Maybe the feed size displayed every time I click should be a bit larger.

Hope you get what I mean and thanks in advance!

EDIT: I see this issue has already been addressed in other topic, sorry for bringing it here.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  5. Jester2905

Jester2905 New Member

For the most part I like the new homepage. What I don't like is:

1. When I go to Squad Contracts or Job Help etc, I need to click on "Older Posts" several times to find contacts/jobs that require help. This isn't such a big deal however I did like the way it was before (one click = posts all the way to about seven days old).
    2. I actually like the scrollable windows. :)
    3. Not sure if it is possible but would be nice if the game automatically removed a contract/job help that was full (pipe dream maybe :p)

All in all it is very welcoming that you (Devs) are keeping this game fresh but still staying true to the reason we all became addicted to it.

Good Job :-D

6. Well done - Good layout.
    Your getting there..Thanks.

7. Jordy

Jordy New Member

I don't like:

- „Game History“ is no longer in the tab menu
    - “Game History” now displays only the last 18 hrs and not the last days/weeks like it was before
    - no longer possible to view all the older posts at once when clicking on “Older Posts”
    - the "Friend Leaderboard" on the left side is pretty big, would be nice if there was an option to close it (like the tab menu) for people who don't need it (like me :) )

8. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

Thanks

W T G KANO... ur on the mark..just 2 things please

can u get rid of FACEBOOK..you have friends...or at least throw it to the bottom...its annoying...and takes up to much space...

2 on the challenger help...it went back futher befor..now it s a bit of a blight waiting for the page to load another 3 then older another 3........

can u not do a one click..full page ..heres all looking for help..

like I DID SAY....Way TO Go...nice changes..fells exacltly like LCN,,,,LOLOLOO:p

9. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

SORRY
    the new email alerts..its too high
    blocks out the feed to see who listing or whos up when reading..can u lower it

thanks again

10. AbNo

AbNo Member

Loved the new page. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I saw it.

This. Just comment out the "Post message: XXXXX defeated their level Y Boss!" code.

Also, Giving of Vaccine Boosts: Could it please be made that we don't have to load the Squad page to give the boosts out? This change was made to the Squad Earnings button, and it is a wonderful change.

11. kimmerz

kimmerz Member

I would love this! It's often a pain to scroll through who actually needs boss help still. I would actually like it one step further and say it would be nice if a boss that is closed was either removed from the boss help feed after it finished or if it had a "completed" tag next to it so I didn't have to keep clicking to help on boss' that are already completed.

As for the new homepage... I love it :). You guys are spoiling me with updates and improvements. Keep up the good work.