[LCN] Proposed Change to Pawn Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Jul 30, 2016.

?

Should Kano allow people to sell back Limiteds that are 70% weaker than current for 20% FP?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Yes!

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

We'll keep that in mind, it may be a good solution depending on what numbers we need to see!

I know it can be frustrating having a bunch of items you've earned that aren't useful, and definitely we're open to discussing that issuie as well. This thread is specifically about trading in Limiteds though :)

We have been considering something like this; the main drawback is we'd have to design and build a new feature so it'd take longer than changing the Pawn Shop. If the program is successful and people like trading in their items for FP, we could set up something like that potentially, but I suspect people will get used to being able to spend the FP on whatever they like ;)

Basically we don't want to flood the game with FP as that has an imbalancing effect on the economy. 70% is also based on the average strength of items that are really useless now — a 350 combined item is still more powerful than many crafted or dropped ones, and keeping in mind that it can't be a 1-1 exchange, players will likely still need some of their older items to help fill out their inventory after doing a bunch of trade-ins. We could also consider changing the amount in future if things seem to be going smoothly.

2. Scoughman

Heads up, the poll closes tomorrow. We are really hoping to get positive feedback on this so we can move ahead with the change!

3. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

No one wants to vote on the poll because we do not want to commit ourselves to the poor offer on the table. Sure we want the old GF items sorted but you know it could be too late, everyone's leaving.
    From the maths I did the pawn shop will not even do anything for our stats. It's more like something to keep us occupied.
    I do not know how many items I have that are 70% weaker and I know I did alot of buying at the beginning and I'm not too excited about this.

What about the 530 combined total raid drops which there is talk about improving, that's where the imbalance of the game started. So basically the 350 combined on items people paid money for are not useful.
    Me personally I would like to see 50% exchange rate and anything that is up to 50% weaker than the current limiteds being allowed to be exchanged. I would ask for those percentages to be higher but I know what the answer's going to be!

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

No thanks. I'm trying to be the player with the most useless items in the game, so I don't want to trade mine in for a few FPs.

Kirsten, FancyPants and Scoughman like this.
  5. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

I never used the Pawn Exchange in MWs either because eventually what was exchanged was outdated so why bother. But I would love to see a gifting option. I could certainly use some of those useless items that the bigger players have, and then I could gift to the smaller players in my mob. :) My family and mob come first in all my game play.

6. Scoughman

I hear that — next time we run a survey like this, I'll include an option for "I like the idea but not the specific numbers." I know it's taken us a while to address some of these issues, but I appreciate you guys being supportive and working with us on solutions. We are here to do what we can to fix these problems and make the games more fun, I promise we aren't shutting them down or giving up.

Like I said the Pawn Shop isn't intended to allow for a 1-1 exchange of old items for new ones — we're concerned about effects on the game economy by doing that, and the practical impact is the same as upgrading old Limiteds which we've already determined isn't workable. Though I know it's not exactly what you may have been hoping for, we're hoping the Pawn Shop will be a middle ground to help long-time players update their inventory to a more competitive level. We'll certainly be doing some more research to see just how many items fall under that 70% amount and make sure it's a level that'll be useful for most players affected.

I will take a look at the number of items that'd affect and the amount of FP that'd be released into the game; I suspect if we were going to set the numbers anywhere near this high that we'd at least need to limit the amount of items you could trade in per week or month, but I don't know if that's be 100% workable either.

I'm hoping we can roll out these changes next week, and what we may do is set them at these levels and then wait a bit to see how they affect gameplay. We should be able to change the values again later on if it looks like they're too far in either direction.

foxysiren and Rick B like this.
  7. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

If people only get 5 FPs for items they spent 25 FPs on, shouldn't it be up to them which ones they want to cash in? Even if they are still using the item, if they want to get FP and buy more mobsters (if they aren't maxed) or put towards the purchase of a new limited or put towards a stamina refill --- isn't that just strategy? I guess I'm not seeing how such a low return on an item would lead to flooding the game with FPs. If that's the case, then put a cap on how many can be traded in for a specific time period. I think the 70% weaker criteria should be eliminated. JMO

8. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Post.png
    As you can see the new items keep going up and up and up...168 in just 15 months. This problem will keep coming back.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  9. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

My concept: allow a 50% GF refund on any purchased item! Skip the concepts of 70% weaker currant offers, thus saves some programming time.

10. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

its not a bad ideal for some, but what would even be better is if we could exchange all the old gifts, that are worthless or maybe you could make some new gear using up all the old gifts and old gear that is no longer of use for higher levels also. and I agree the rate of exchange is too low, 50 percent would be a lot better and is also used by real pawn shops in the real world at times. I'm not giving up gear that cost me thirty fb points for anything less than half the value , cuz not only giving up the gear would make us weaker at some points, but we would not be able to buy anything higher to replace what we lost. i'll let it sit on the shelf first, but a better ideal also would be able to use the old gear to craft new gear. gear we have had for seven or eight years and isn't used can be easily made into new gear.all you got to dois start using them to design new gear, which also you have hundreds of items from eight years ago already drawn you could use., one last thought too would be to bring back some of the loyalty items and limited items for another run through which would give you stats at 300 or above, so those who didn't get a chance to buy any at the time could now get them or new players could also get them too. I would suggest maybe bring back some of the limits during the holidays, maybe one or two of them on each holiday. but not as often as you are bring out new limited every month, once or twice a month is enough for the new unlimited items anyways. you gotta remember a lot of players are on budgets and cannot keep up with the fast pace your bringing in new unlimited items, I know that at times I have seen up to three new unlimited items each month. that is defiantly too many for me to keep up and I spend a lot of money each month trying to do so, which I have been cutting back to just one or maybe two sets of new items a month. I rather been able to buy more of one unlimited item once a month then have them flash by three sets a month. a simple way to still get the cash for your company , would be to extend a item if it sold out. maybe set a certain limit per person on any of the extended items, so not just one person could buy them all out again. I know I would spendmore money to be able to get one set of items for a longer time each month.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Rick B likes this.
  11. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

so when is this trade in stuff gonna start? cause this would also help out players who do not own all of there hired guns as well..why not just go ahead an just give us 30% on the small trade in items an on the big big ones we get up too 52% of the value there you go problem solved..cause this would keep everyone happy espically us older players who are not new to the game...cause to me i think us older players should get better items then what the new players are getting since clearly they are buying stuff in bundles but we should get even bigger, Im Just Saying that would be make it fair an Balance :)

12. Scoughman

The idea of the Shop is that you get to decide which items to trade in, for sure. Re: flooding the game, I was responding to people suggesting up to 50% or more value in exchange — 5 FP is probably workable but if we were going to give back 15 FP in some cases, where players have 100s of Limiteds, that'd be a ton of FP in a short time.

We're definitely happy to consider gift item values but this is specifically around Limiteds because players have brought that up for a while. Crafting is worth considering I think as well, I guess the question is would people prefer that (and specific recipes for specific items) to getting FP they can spend on anything they want.

We're hoping to roll this out later this month. How do you separate small vs. big trade in items? By time? For the record most items new players are buying in bulk are not part of bundles; there's only a certain amount available via Starter Packs or sales.

13. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I would be happy with 10 fps for trade in that would leave you 7 of your own for the cheapest item on sale. This would still make it 2 items for one basically. there have been lots of idea's thrown out there, make a awesome crafting item too that uses old items.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  14. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

actually you could upgrade some of the items , such as the elites and optimal, you could make a new category for those items, such as naming the new category (Extremes) and raising the attacks and defense on those items to a third level, (Dangerous) for a fourth level, are prime examples of raising some of the inventory for upgrades, or any other name you choose to use. another way instead of the pawn shop, would be to craft items that actually used all the old and worthless gifts and gear to create items with the same stats as the unlimited. this way we would be happy, the old gear could be used again to craft, the high level players would not feel like they are being given the shaft once again. I am surprised that your designers have not already thought of this.

15. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

I for one would defiantly be interested in trading old gift items to be able to craft new items and I have suggested several times about upgrading items such as the optimal to a third and fourth level that would use the same items to add enought att/def. to them to meet todays levels. I certainly would trade in all the old small gifts to get either higher stats on new gifts or to be able to use them to craft even better gear, you could also use some of the old limited items , plus a old gift to trade in for new limits items, would not cost you for artists to redraw new items, just for the designers to pick which items could be traded for new items. that way, no fp points need to be included, people could upgrade their gear , get rid of a lot of useless stuff and still be able to pick out a new limited or craft something new(which for crafting, you would need artists to draw the new stuff) but not for trading old items for new.

Kimbella likes this.
  16. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

I would say that anything under 300/300 stats should be considered as old or small stuff. everything above that to players like me would be new gear

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm open to changes in crafting rather than trade-ins, but this has been asked about for years with no (or very few) significant changes. I only send gifts to help others out, and I get a ton of gifts each day that I don't bother with hoping they will be useful one day before I die or quit playing, whichever comes first. I don't craft anymore myself, I make up my inventory deficiencies with other items (such as boss drops), and it doesn't take nearly as much time as it does to try to figure out crafting now at my level (around 4700).

18. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

one thing if you do go with changing in items to craft please dont put level restrictions on those items either.

19. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

You will never get everyone to agree on this - is it possible to rework the workshop instead - let's have something worthwhile to craft with some serious stats - I'm not finding the workshop particularly. Usefull just now - it needs looking at - please :)

20. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

easy way to find out what to craft at your level would be to keep track of what your using on your fighting strength list jared, and make those items your still using, of course at my level, over 10,000 levels there isn't anything that I can use anymore to craft with, that's why it would be good for new crafting items to have at least 300/300 or higher stats on them and to be able to use up some of the old gifts to make them with, would be easy if they made it where all four spots for crafting would be filled with the old gifts to even out the stats. that way our inventory pages would shrink and we would not lose a lot of fp points either on new stuff. I believe fully in recycling old stuff and if kano would have been my company, that's the first thing I would have changed also.

Sandy Barrows likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.