Should We Improve Raid Boss Achievements and Rewards?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

hmm no

2. Asha

Asha New Member

So what? That really isn't the point, the point is to limit the negative actions of the offending player from further disrupting the raid. I don't really care if they stay or if they go, I just want them to stop being able to suicide the raid so low the next attack kills the party. Players should be able to have raids be public without a major worry that a raid killer will join (and they will) and proceed to nearly kill the raid over and over and over because they just don't care. I'm pretty sure the devs are capable of coding players getting booted from a raid into the game even if it'd be a bit tricky, but I'd settle for disabling a disruptive players ability to attack completely.

As for the harping on players to (paraphrasing) "just send links to individual players" : I understand why people make raids public because the process of sending links to 30+ players is a royal pain.

3. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

I would think that someone killing the raid would be more of a pain.

4. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

if they kill same twice raid they can not attack, if they kill to many they can not participate, as far as booting it will never happen They said it get it through your head, its been over a year of discussing this and it will not happen, END OF SUBJECT-----IF YOU WANT YOUR RAID SAFE SEND OUT PRIVATE LINKS0-----END OF SUBJECT ----- move on PS if your to lazy to send out 30 links your playing the wrong game

StoneCK likes this.
  5. Soham Mallcik

Soham Mallcik New Member

In my opinion increase the time of the raid bosses and activate an option to kick out slackers so that we can replace them with active members.
    And we atleast give the low lvl players a chance to defeat these bosses. You do not expect a lvl 100 player with 100000k combined with 50k stam.

6. Vipul Bhushan

Vipul Bhushan New Member

Who's 'we' ?

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Or you can simply view the raid BEFORE blindly attacking and killing it yourself because someone left it at low health. Just a thought.

8. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

That sounds great in theory, but on FB it is not so simple. If you take time to view a public raid, odds are you just lost a chance to get in the raid. They often times fill all 10 spots on a tier within a split second. Better way to prevent perishing the raid when joining is to join with a heal. That way you are safe from being the one who people think is a raid killer due to some dumb arse leaving the health low.

Chasity likes this.
  9. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

Then hit the heal button first simple always do that first!

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well I guess I am lucky I rarely join public raids, I am invited and I invite, but even on invites I check first, cause when I don't I find myself on a raid, that they invited some dope and it was perished. but if ya click with a heal ya see right away, it is healed all the way and then quickly hit the attack button, and on public raids get your min in ASAP, incase someone comes along and perishes it at least if it gets finished ya get your reward, and ya don't have to have the ill effect of less XP per attack.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  11. Kirsten

New players should not even be on a raid before level 500 , they are just as guilty of ruining a raid, and the time for a raid to be finished is over 3 days how much longer ya want it to run lol geeeeze

12. Kirsten

Yeah it is tedious sending links, but it is the safest way, I send them and sometimes invalidate them , and send different ones cause sometimes someone will share a private raid, without permission .

13. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

The whole point of this thread was to ask about better rewards and achievements so I will get back to the original point of this topic.
    @ Scoughman, you asked this earlier in the thread. “Why do you think people join a ton of raids and just do the minimum? For XP? You're not likely to get much in the way of items that way... “

I join around 100 raid bosses each time. At least 80 of them are killed on time. So that means I have 80 new items in my inventory that can replace some of my lowest items. If I had focused on hitting only a hand full of raids instead to make sure they were all killed in time, I would have used just as much stam but only gotten a fraction of the rewards. I do go back and check raids I am in after I have gotten minimum to see if they might need extra help, but if I see not many are even trying to kill it on time, I don't try as hard either. And many times, minimum actions still get me a rare drop. There needs to be something in place that gives a better reward to the players who put more into the boss than the majority. Not some gamble. You do a ton of damage, just to have someone else in your tier end up doing a little more. They get the superior drop, and you get a common one. Very frustrating at times.

I also wanted to say I like the idea someone had earlier about about making the items we get craft-able. Cool idea!

Scoughman, HJM and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

That sound like a lot of headache LOL. To avoid all this, I am simply just joining raids and newer summoning them.

15. Kirsten

yeah it can be time consuming and then I get players sending me theirs and asking me to fill them cause I know the right people, I should get paid lol

16. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

The craftable items idea is stupid. I don't craft into an Elite unless the item is at the bottom of my list of items in use. Even the common items from Raids are far superior to the bottom items on my list, so why would I craft an Elite that might require 3-5 items that are already vastly superior, to get only 1 item that is even more powerful? Now maybe, if the crafted item were *significantly* better than something in my Load Out, I might consider it. It will, however, still represent a net loss in attack/defence strength. A drop item other than energy would be better, like we have in Co-op bosses. Or increased frequency of energy drops.

The keys also need to be easier to get. In past events, I have spent up to 12,000 energy to get all 4 keys. And while I am doing those useless adventures, I am being inundated with even more useless items that drop during the adventure. I have hundreds of these very low-level items I can never conceivably use, like Mad Bombers from West Tortuga. What good is a Matey with an attack of 2 and a defence of 3 to somebody over level 11,000? Maybe we can get a point-and-click method of quickly removing these useless items from our inventory. Doing it through the clan page is time-consuming, especially if you have an odd number of items. To remove 23 items requires selecting 10, removing them, then repeat for another 10, and then removing the last 3 one at a time. Even just adding a "Maximum" to the list would at least reduce the number of clicks to get rid of some of the clutter.

Scoughman and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  17. sounds like kano needs some programing classes , coding is not that difficult, i have volunteered to demonstrate this point , but alas no responses only silence, smiles and nods, reminds me of some developers i knew from the olden days

18. Asha

Asha New Member

The problem players will never be affected by your solution and continue to cause raids problems continually.

I never demanded it ever happen....

This isn't the place to get upset and angry at people.

That's just it, all players want is a way to invite individual players to their raids without all the hassle and bookkeeping currently involved. For example allowing players to send the same PM to multiple players at the same time instead of sending the same PM multiple times. For example, sending the tier 1-3 links to 30-40 players at once instead of having to go to their profile and sending them a link, back to the captains page, to the next player repeat 30-40 times per raid. Might require an overhaul of the PM system.

Has nothing to do with them being or not being lazy, they just want less hassle which isn't fun and more gaming which is fun.

On a sidenote: I removed the unnecessary capitalization and the unnecessarily angry words from the quotes because they were unnecessary. ^.^

19. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

everyone who plays the game duh.

20. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Once again a simple question complicated by everyones wants and desires. Sigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.