Should We Improve Raid Boss Achievements and Rewards?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

Seriously? Pirate Clan needs more Rule achievements, but this is what you want to focus on? *sigh*

Well, I'd like to be able to kick Raid Killers, and Raid Vampires out of the Raid. If you are making others heal the Raid Party, you get chucked over the side. No rewards. Better reward items for the people who do the heavy lifting, attacking and healing consistently. And like JADES said, just one invite link.

Zoonie and Lisa Connelly like this.
  2. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

personally, i do NOT want to see raids allowed to be in all at the same time limited. sure.... for a low level, 5 raids means hundreds of levels. for a high level player, a limit is crap. some players conclude their raids quickly, others do not, and wait the full 4 days. i refuse to be held hostage on a slow raid, THAT is NOT fair.

Deblovscats1 and Curves like this.
  3. haggis

haggis Member

instead of 1 person getting guarantee drop for having max action, make a nice yardstick for everyone-say 25-30k actions to get a guaranteed superior drop? this may motivate players to contribute more to a raid...

Tammie Elam, sable and HJM like this.
  4. Deren

Deren New Member

Maybe instead of repeating old raids constantly for new players, give players who haven't done a certain raid boss the opportunity to use their keys to summon an old boss to get the achievement. This way you can move forward with new raid bosses with better drops.

bogart likes this.
  5. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

why, because you're too lazy to hand pick your raid ? there is a 10 player per raid level limit.... and it should stay like that. this makes it open and fair for many players to get in from across the game.

Erik Bergstrom and S E T H like this.
  6. Krimson King

Krimson King Active Member

I would like to see more of an original gifts for beating the raid boss instead of old items reused...come on kano use the bosses severed head or its armor as gifts be original

Chasity likes this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Grabbing 1 link instead of 3 makes me lazy? I didn't say change tiers just make 1 link, it's already set up like this via public sharing, just needs to be made for clan only.. :p

braatt10 and Micaylah like this.
  8. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@jocularatrix Thanks man! Not sure why you're showing up as new but I'll mention it to @mi7ch.

@George Burd We definitely have some changes in the works to help make old purchased items more useful — check out our thread for LCN here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/addressing-player-concerns.21295/

@Kirsten @ben We figured new artwork and names for the raids wasn't a major draw for players, it was mostly the items. Are we wrong? Do people really want to see new artwork?

@Sir Opinion Alot the game is set up so it's a lot harder to gain levels the higher up you get — that's part of the challenge. I don't think that aspect will change, but I am interested in seeing if we can make the events less topsy turvy. Why is it a good strategy to join a bunch, because you don't know which ones will have other people doing hail marys?

@Zicon Blacksmith recipe is an interesting idea, I hadn't considered that. We'd have to create a whole new set of crafting items and recipes I think which would take time; if people feel this is a bigger issue than the raids themselves we could consider it for sure.

@Gazember it's true that just replacing the items would be easier — however, it'd be a way for new players to suddenly get really powerful items that weren't available back when the raids originally came out, and I know that's a source of contention for a lot of players. I think for players who aren't buying Limiteds it's nice to have the opportunity to collect some mid-tier items they can use until they complete the achievements and unlock the higher tier ones.

@S E T H changing up the rewards structure or basing the achievements on actions could be cool. & @Ceathing Bad Kitty, Why do you think people join a ton of raids and just do the minimum? For XP? You're not likely to get much in the way of items that way...

@Craig Day You can always post one of your private links to your clan feed — is there something else that'd help?

~An likes this.
  9. judy

judy New Member

You can have useful drops as regular bosses since you got stingy on energy drops

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Scoughman, there is no such thing as a "private" link for raids, if someone from your clan sends correct link to another player non-clan they are able to join it as of now.

11. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

These are all great ideas but remember there are still some of us trying to first get in them, second we don't have the resources available to high level players how is this going to affect us new folks. I hate when they post in Job Chat and then they won't let you join because you are not in their mob. A help request like bosses would be ideal for those who don't trust some of us who have been in these raids since joining in April and know the att/heal routine. The last raid was a disaster for some of us, killing their own raid after spending stamina to make the max.

12. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@JADES ah, gotcha, so the request is for a link that won't let non-clan players into your raid even if a friend sends the link to a non-clan? I'm surprised people in your own clan would do that if you specifically ask them not to, but I can see why that might be a problem. I think we'd have to build some special kinda link to allow that, not exactly sure what's possible but I can ask around.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Believe me it happens.

~An likes this.
  14. Totalizer

Totalizer New Member

I agree on limiting the amount of raid boss's you can join at one time. Better rewards would also be great as the ones now are not improving my loadout at all. Thanks.

15. Donna Hay

Donna Hay New Member

Raid Bosses should come out twice a month. It is an awesome way to level. Additional Raid Boss achievements sound great! Items with higher attack and defense would be ideal!

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No, they are already to frequent.

Birkebeiner, HJM, Micaylah and 2 others like this.
  17. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

18. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Twice a month? You're kidding right? You must be. There's other things in the game that need improvement too you do realise, right? Sure, raids are a good way to level, but 2 a month? Nah thanks.

braatt10, Birkebeiner, HJM and 4 others like this.
  19. What about players that do not create raids? I help with many Raids in Vikings and Pirates. Sometimes, 15 to 20 during an event. I do not create them. I help to kill them. I do a good deal of damage and healing. Many of the higher levels do so. When you do 50 thousand to 100 thousand on a Raid and get a common item. I don't complain. I get to level. Have you thought about damage and/or healing rewards or achievements?
    Since you opened a discussion on Raids: do something about the items in Zombie Slayers. The items suck and are for the most part unusable.

20. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I understand the need to recycle old raid bosses: one, to give an opportunity to those that missed out for whatever reason, two it has to take considerable resources to develop new raids for all kano games. It was understood that a new one would be followed by an old one the following month, I dont like that but i am more than ok with it. I would strongly urge kano to increase the stats quality of the common and superior weapons for any old raid having to be used more than twice. When we have a regular boss drop that is nearly the same as a raid boss drop there is no "reward" (Hi Mitch) for even trying.

There should never be a limit to the quantity of raids a player can be in. Some of you may think so, but for example on KP2 server there is a dozen of us that will enter anywhere between 50-100 raids. All of us doing at least 25 million in damage and healing what we take as we work together on these. Up until the last three months, we all use to spend a couple hundred bucks on these raids. If there is a problem with under performing players you simply dont let them into your raid.

I still strongly urge Kano to eliminate the Perish ability in the raids. Most old school players will no longer work with new players, especially in the raids. Simple two reasons: we know a lot of "new accounts" are simply alt's of those that want to perish the raids of their in game enemies. The 2nd is we don't want to see our investment damaged by some rookie or Alt account. I use to be excited to see/help some of the new people, now i simply ignore their mob up requests and avoid all public raids

My last opinion statement I have made a dozen times before. The randomness of the superior weapon drop is a flawed "reward" system. No matter the level; if you have a player that contributes more than 10% of the damage to a boss, that player deserves a superior weapon drop. Countless times i have done over 100 million in damage and received common drop. There has also been several occasions where i only did 8-9 million in damage and received a superior weapon drop, and at my level thats not the right way of doing the payouts. Point being that it has been mentioned that the payouts for the raids are a "reward" system, please make it more rewarding for those that do so much of the efforts not just the top performer for each tier.

Zoonie, braatt10 and HJM like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.