Small Update to Daily Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

It DOES go by allocation, not the amount you have on hand

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Jon seems to beg differ I think LOL, guess will find out when replies

3. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

Two of us have told you that we actually used to use the feature. If our testimony doesn't sway you, how about logic. The devs. actually put in a mod (announced in this thread, post 95 - page 5: paragraphs 3 - 4) to remove this ability.
    Why would they waste their time removing something that never existed.

Just because you never used it doesn't mean it doesn't exist (a bit like your brain ;))

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Correct that is the way it has always been. Now its reverting itself back down to the 1000 before you can collect the daily if that is your max stamina. So if you had collected all 7 days total and had a max of 1000 stamina and used the collected friend boost to get to 1750. 1750 times all those days added up would be the new total. Not anymore.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

KANO will have to chime in on this. I still believe this was a glitch or error then, and went unnoticed to them.

6. Jon Ward

Actually yes. It all depends on how you allocated your skill points. For me i put more into everything and then health. Which works out for a couple reasons i won't go into detail on that. But since health isn't a big concern for me it takes more stamina for me on higher bosses then it would for someone with a lot of health built up. Now the downfall of players with higher health they kill bosses faster and the drop rate will be impacted by this on items. Where a higher health player may get a 100 or 200 drops on a level 50 plus boss. I can get double that amount if not more. So it does impact the way a persons skills were setup.

7. Jon Ward

It's been that way for over 4 or 5 years that i have been playing in pirate clan only. You drop down 1 stamina from your max. And then collect the bonus boost from a friend. And then your able to get all 7 days combined together to up your stamina even more after collecting your friends boost. Now if you collected the daily boosts first before your friends boost you couldn't use the friends boost until your back under your max stamina by 1. But now its gotta be under your max amount to collect the dailys so you cant topple over like before with a hoard of stamina. Which was good for Arena if you played. Or raids before you used up djs.

Zoonie likes this.
  8. Jon Ward

Incase you didn't see this one Jades. It was from an adminstrator. Basically what he is saying is what we were able to do and now we can't as i said. So he is saying as i have said before this new update came into we could. And now we get screwed.

@Xipe Totec More stamina was something highly requested by mostly older players, around the concern of more stam in levelup. There's a lot of risks around changing that so we thought we'd try and offer people more of what they wanted in this lower impact way (if you can claim more on levelup, you could potentially level a lot in a day and get a TON more stam, so we're leery of that.) I'm sorry if it's not something you specifically were interested in, hopefully some of the other upcoming changes will be more up your alley.

@Demonik1 - You will still be able to stockpile up to 7 days of rewards just as before, but using stamina as an example, now instead of 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 30%, 40%, and 50% for a total of 170%, after week 1 you can now get 50% each day for a total of 350% of your max every week. So you can still stockpile and in fact get more than you used to be able to. If I'm misunderstanding your concern, I'm sorry - just let me know!

Now, we did have to make a small update to the feature today — it should be very minor but it's something that came up with stockpiling. In the past you weren't allowed to collect your Daily Reward if you were already boosted above a certain amount. Because it's now possible to stockpile 350% stamina instead of just 170%, we've had to reduce this a bit further. You will still be able to stockpile 350% stamina, but you will only be able to claim that reward if you are under your maximum amount.

So for example, if you have 500 stamina max, and you're currently at that or above, you won't be able to collect your Daily Reward unless you go down to 499. You can still stockpile the maximum 350% stam (1750 in this case), so once you get down to 499 you could collect for a total of 2249. You just won't be able to say, use a friend Boost to go over your max, THEN claim a Daily Reward to go even further above the max.

Hope that makes sense to everyone, and let me know if you have any questions.

9. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@JADES @Jon Ward this shouldn't have been the case, if so it'd be a bug but I don't think it was possible. If it checked your total stamina instead of your max, you would get 0 stamina if you tried to claim your Daily Rewards if you had 0 stam (170% x 0 = 0). Or 27 stamina if you used it while you had 10 stamina. A bug that only applied if you were over your max already seems pretty unlikely.

It's true in the past you could stack both a friend boost and the Daily Rewards boost, but the order claimed shouldn't have mattered since the boost only checks your max, not your actual/current.

JADES likes this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

11. Jon Ward

Not true. Sorry but i beg to differ on this. But hey it wouldn't be the first time Kano has screwed over long time players in their games. And won't be the last.

Zoonie likes this.
  12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

All i know is i have personally had close to my max stamina, collected my sramina boost then was unable to collect my daily rewards cause I was well over my max stamina

13. Scoughman

Yep, this was the case before too, we just lowered the limit a bit further so now you can't have over your max at all. In the past you could have over your max up to a certain limit.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yup, because a limit was previously introduced because was a few people logging in daily not playing and collecting boosts, the amounts saved up was insane.

15. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Alls I know is before when I had a max stam of 7000, I would try to go to bed with at least 1900 to 2000 stam leftover. That way when I woke up 7 hours or so later, a friend boost would put me over the max stam of 7000. Then I would collect daily reward. On the days I had a 50% reward, I could easily have 11.5k stam to blow on bosses. I now have to run stam down a bit after a boost. Not really liking that.

Zoonie likes this.
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Quick question on this, it went from 170%-350% which is double why was the whole limit lifted anyways? Not that I ever collected this way, but the reasoning seems odd to me.

17. Scoughman

You mean, why did we make it so you can't stack Rewards over boosted amounts?

If you had 1000 stamina max and were full, previously you could claim a friend boost (75% of 1k) to put you up to 1750. Then you could use a stockpiled Daily Reward (170% of 1k) to get 3540 (1750+1700).

Now, after the 8th day change but before the limit change, you could go up to 1750, then use a stockpiled Reward (350% of 1k) to get 5250 banked up (3500+1750). After the limit change, if you use a friend boost up to 1750, you'll need to spend 750 stam and get down to 1k before you can claim your Daily Reward and go back up to 4500. Or for something like Arena, as you mentioned you could claim your stockpiled Daily Reward to get up to 4500, enter the event, use stam until the button to use a boost shows up and then use that.

Basically the reasoning is that this change is intended to give people more stamina to use on a daily basis for fighting, bosses, etc. and isn't intended to be used to stockpile it for use in events. You can still stockpile more than you could before though using the method noted above (3540 stockpiled all at once is less than 4500+1750.)

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

That makes sense, TY

19. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

I am glad for any positive change myself, thanks for even the littlest bit more :)

20. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

I can see why you guys did this if everyone stockpiled stam like crazy before Raids and such no one would buy any to use in them.