Katanas are now useless =(

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by The Whoorida, Mar 30, 2010.

1. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

Some of us have invested a lot of our energy into doing the job that drops Katanas as they were the strongest offensive weapon. Now with the introduction of the Golden AK47 and their much higher attack the Katanas are now useless, unless you're going for low upkeep, which isn't really worth it since the G-AK47s are significantly stronger.

I don't think you should be able to buy stockpile items that are stronger than the strongest drop items. Part of the incentive of doing the various jobs after you've completed them all is to try and maximize your mob with the best drop items. If you can just buy better ones with cash then everyone is just going to spend all their energy on the job that pays the highest cash and it will just be a boring, thoughtless task.

I recommend increasing the attack of the Katanas to be more than the G-AK47s or lowering the attack of the G-AK47s to fill in a hole lower down in the chain.

I also think the Exoskeletons need to be adjusted. The massive increase in upkeep over the Tactical Armors isn't worth it for a mere one point improvement in defense. With the current fight algorithm and my 1000 mobs, the difference isn't even noticeable.

2. Jesus Forbes

Jesus Forbes New Member

Agree 100%

Yeah that is a good point, as well as the app will make less revenue due to the fact that the drop weapons are not powerful enough to waste money on GF points. Kano should take this under advisory for sure....

3. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Have a little faith :)

I am SURE the drops from the Boss fights will get better as we move through them (Hint Hint Kano)

4. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

My problem is I (and I'm sure many others) have invested a lot of a one-time use resource (energy) in order to acquire items that are now obsolete. Maybe if I could trade them in for more energy or other drop items that would be good, but I can't even sell them. At least with stockpile items you can sell them when something better comes along.

While we're on the topic of useless items, how about adjusting the GF items dramatically? 25 FP is an awful lot to spend on an item that has zero impact unless you're just starting out, fighting people with a handful of mobbers. I know you're trying to make money with these but anyone with half a brain is going to see that aside from the cool factor of buying one, they have no fight performance.

I would pay 25 FP for 100 items, or maybe even 1 FP per item to try and make them noticeable in a fight. OR if you want to keep it that high per item, make them add a massive (noticeable) bonus in fights if you equip your boss with them. Right now I think everyone just looks at them and thinks "ugh I hope I don't accidentally click on that (again)!"

5. HarleyQueen

HarleyQueen New Member

I agree. the weapons dropped should be stronger then the weapons we can buy.

as it is now, there is no reason to use so much energy on katanas.

I have 1274 katanas now :(

Can I please get my energy back and loose the katanas? this has been a total waste of energy...

Samurai Katana
    Attack:28
    Defense:25 Arm Yourself! Owned:1,274

6. i totally agree. i did nothing but energy increase for awhile because unlike the original mob wars , lcn made much more sense giving drops that were better than what you could buy. now i did over 20,000 jobs for what ? it also gave you the option to do more jobs and not have as high an upkeep for stockpile items.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Good point, we will look into adjusting the Katanas to get them back to being a little stronger.

And you are right, the higher level bosses will have some good / useful drops, stay tuned.

8. Jesus Forbes

Jesus Forbes New Member

All fixed now! The Katana is 32 Att and the gold ak is 31....

9. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

Thank you!

10. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Ditto! Thank you devs for adjusting the katana strength!