Memory Cache Server Migration June 28, 6-9 pm Pacific

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 28, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

This evening, specifically the evening of June 28 at 6 - 9 pm Pacific, we will be migrating one of our memory cache servers.

As you might remember from the memory cache migration in May these servers are used primarily for storing temporary data for all of our games.

We’re letting you know because when we migrate the server, there will be some one-off side-effects. Things like number of Fights against another player, gifts sent, Punch timers and the like will be reset, but these are all only daily counters. Worst-case scenario is only one day’s records will be lost, and this is only going to happen once.

There may be some other side-effects that I haven’t listed but we expect the overall process to be relatively unnoticeable, although there might be some latency spikes.

We’ll be monitoring throughout the whole process so in the unlikely event that anything goes a way we don’t expect, we’ll be on top of it. If it proves to be too detrimental to the playability of the game we'll stop the process and reschedule. That said, please let us know if you see anything out of the ordinary as it may be related.

MobMan, Ann Whelan and Deblovscats1 like this.
  2. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

everytime they do something they always mess it up as usual...one thing they need to fix is that Cusomize your loadout cause everytime i wanna click on it an see what u guys got new instock to see if it is higher then what i got it says up not Not Working refresh page but all of my other stuff functions can u see if they can fix that..Thanks

3. Omegame

Omegame Member

I hope with the migration don't have problems and no side effects but if must be done good luck for all of us.

mi7ch likes this.
  4. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Good to know, thanks & good luck :)

mi7ch likes this.
  5. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

Thanks for the timers i will be offline for that.

6. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

AWESOME, TOTALLY AWESOME....ITS ABOUT TO BE EXPENSIVE FOR MY DAILY TARGETS TO AMBUSH ME :)

7. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

While you about Mitch - any other Usefull updates or info ??? Nothing coming out about all the problems

8. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

lets see if it screws up warmode points again opps i dont play let it foul them up bahhaaaaa

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Let me guess.... bounty blitz is scheduled for this window as well?

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Event/group filter reset to default, my game history page is gone as well.

11. Alain Tremblay

Alain Tremblay New Member

I trust you guys! This game is so well managed compare to Mafia Wars... Let's go Canucks!!!

12. May the gods show us mercy....

13. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

and made like 2q coins from a couple of big bounties and then dissapears

14. Don Vinny

Don Vinny New Member

Slow play is beginning to be boring adessa with data migration will do damage only game to date that also sucks in graphics after many years seen little improvement

15. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

that sucks, Im fully healed and it says I'm in the hospital and I can attack, when I try to heal it says you have max health.

Don Vinny likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We'll have an update on that soon is my understanding.

17. Sandy Barrows

Thanks Mitch I thought you had all left the building with Elvis - what's the problem - we are all despondent with the lack of any feedback - if you prioritise your list of complaints it should be easier to address the issues - I'm not telling anyone how to do their jobs - but this void is bad news - we all sitting on the damn fence !

18. Sandy Barrows

And sit on any fence long enough you get the post up your derrière

19. Why not migrate Server 2 with Sever 1?

Rodney Rangel likes this.