[FB] INVITE EX-MAFIA Referral System

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Friendly Fire, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Ok so there has now been a change and older players now have this in their game and it says

"Invite ex-Mafia Wars players to Mob Wars: LCN and you'll both earn rewards based on the number of Gamer Points they earn. The more they play, the better the rewards."

Now I have some questions on this @mi7ch

Is the Invite system one where we will only get rewarded for players who played Mafia Wars previously?

If so that is no good to existing players as we were not involved in those communities so in effect what you have given us is absolutely nothing,

If the answer is that it will work with all new players then I have my concerns there as well

• What is to stop someone creating 25 new facebook accounts and sending the referral link?
    • How are you identify the alts created when ip detection is easily obfuscated by various programs and browser add ons?
    • Is someone going to examine each of these new referred accounts in detail to ensure they are genuine?
    • How will you ensure that they are real when even facebook has a problem doing this?
    Can you and the developers please answer these questions as I have severe concerns about this system which has already been misused.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is Facebook only, it has been out for over a year for old time players. Elixir of gogs it's called VC, LCN not sure quite the name but similar.

3. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

No Jades this is new. In LCN that is called Godfathers Absolution. Now, to the left of that in LCN is Referals. It's giving the link to Mafia Wars players and you'll get rewards. You get FP based on people being active instead of weapons/armour/vehicle or weapon/warrior.

Attached Files:

tartaglionevera likes this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Invite whomever you want. The referral system is open to everyone, we just didn't change the text on it.

Edit: also yes, I saw the questions about the alternate accounts. It's something we're definitely aware of, but we want to avoid tipping our hand, so to speak, on how we're tracking and removing these accounts.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Zoe Bell and Kirsten like this.
  5. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

The problem with this though @mi7ch over the last 2369 days that I have played I have bought over many players from different games and I got no reward whatsoever.

This is the same for many if not most of the older accounts, we bought over so many friends and gamers from elsewhere that we have nobody left to bring over.

I hope that you can see that this is why the referral system is completely unfair to the loyal and older members who have helped build and keep the game running for all these years.

We now find our efforts to help the game grow and keep running during that time were pointless and now see the unfairness of new players being rewarded.

I hope you see my point of view @mi7ch , I am involved in Facebook groups with hundreds of members who feel the same way and would echo my sentiments.

6. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Agreed Paul - it won't help me at all - nor did the absolution - I don't know any of the people we are supposed to recruit - it's pointless

7. This is certainly a very hot potato, Mitch and I do believe that there has been a large disturbance in the 'Force' as far as LCN is concerned. Particularly when when we get ex Mafia Wars players openly admitting the use of scripts just because it was 'the norm' and almost expected and accepted as a means of playing the game. No good can come of this.....

8. Seems to me that the guys in the office are just trying to cover their arse to look like it's fair yet not put any thought into it at all. Mi7ch I know it's not your fault but Kano as a business shot themselves in the foot designing the referral stuff for mafia wars players without having a second thought for us long term players. And tbh I don't think there is any going back from this now......

9. Waffles

Waffles New Member

Spot on Friendly Fire

Zoe Bell likes this.
  10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

same

11. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I agree and for ex-mafia wars players... I don't even know if I have any in friends so it basically makes the rewards program useless if I do not. I invited several hundred old Sorority Life players when we moved over to LCN but I was never given any type of rewards program for it until now... I must say that, sadly, I feel ripped off . I realize that Kano is trying to do something to make up for the abuse of the program but in my case I have recruited a ton of people to this game who are in syndicates and daily players, yet I may be rewarded with nothing for my past efforts :(

12. Sandy Barrows

It was a good opening stance - but it doesn't solve the big issue - really - I'm not wishing to be negative - but this is a non offer - it's doesn't address the glitch at all - the games balance has been changed by the recent intake - and the problems that have arisen - I'm not against the new chaps incoming - but we need this to be addressed in a meaningful manner - don't just throw crumbs at it Mitch

tartaglionevera and Zoe Bell like this.
  13. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

2369 (18 hours) joined.... i long brought in friends from original MW when it became acceptable to automate there.... i am not going to go scouring FB to recruit now (mainly because my gamer friends either already play or play something else and LCN doesnt appeal to them). doing my last few weeks in LCN and will be closing account. LCN has not taken care of its old players. despite advise given on issues such as this and raids etc. things such as new cities and drops and having to "fix" the drops stats are just examples that illustrate that the devs need to have accounts at all levels to understand the issues raised by all players and then actually address the concerns. adding a tab for referrals as an after thought really doesnt solve the problems...

14. donzer

donzer Member

this is a , make 25 alts ticket . what a joke , spot on paul

15. Tellybear

Tellybear Member

Absolution,got screwed,tickets for alts got screwed.Good advice got screwed.In fact, several tickets disappeared in favor of ...ALL KNOW who...
    So when 'they' even BRAGGED about it in WC , is when i cancelled my CC on the spot.
    Thing is NOW? Many more following my example.And I really can't blame them.
    When rotten apples get protected by KANO , there is no use to keep working our accounts now does it?

16. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Mi7ch there are so many things going on, as I am sure that you are quite aware. Many of us are losing mob and with that bosses that are needed to build because spending has became insane in this game and the higher levels are losing against new players... I realize that Kano is a business, but wouldn't you rather be known as a business with a heart rather than a capitalist organization whose only concern is making a profit. I have been in university for over 12 years and capitalist ventures always fail when the mighty dollar becomes more important than the people who invest their time and sweat within the corporation. As, Aristotle once said... All things are good in moderation, too much of a good thing is a vice. When such a gross amount of spending is allowed it tips the scale of equality in the game and those who do not own a credit card or have a large disposable income become disenchanted by the loss of integrity within the system. Kano asks why so many many players are angry and closing their accounts, it is because they are losing their faith in a company that they trusted and they have personally invested in- they feel that the integrity of Kano has been compromised by not putting a monthly spending cap on the game. They loyal and older gamers playing LCN are your roots, your foundation and some of the most treasured and respected people playing LCN and it breaks my heart seeing the most fighty people I know quit because they feel that they can not compete with the mighty dollar :(

17. tartaglionevera

tartaglionevera New Member

you want to understand all of you not there 'a solution !!!! you got to have more than the damage we 'or insult, kano has preferred to give the future, small level, even making as to leave high levels, and this move strategy is called substitution

Zoe Bell, naughty but nic3 and Elodie like this.
  18. Sandy Barrows

Antonio il mio amico - mi sento il dolore per te - è una brutta situazione - non sono sicuro che c'è un modo per risolvere questo problema - Vorrei che tu fossi rimasto per cercare di risolvere il pasticcio fuori - ma capisco -

Zoe Bell and tartaglionevera like this.
  19. tartaglionevera

tartaglionevera New Member

I asked kano the destruction of my accaunt, worthless and weak lose all low levels, from level 170, until 3500 livell, I do not know what happened, then I came to know that so many are cheating, so I left, no matter of the past that I spent money but I pissed off to lose to players less than 40 days, this thing has really made me angry, I was stronger now no more,

Zoe Bell and Sandy Barrows like this.
  20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Another FB-only thread that has been mistagged? Maybe the forum structure should be broken down by network in addition to game. PLEASE tag the threads CORRECTLY.