[LCN] Update Regarding the Referral and Rewards Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 2, 2016.

1. No Nuts 4u

No Nuts 4u Member

it spills absolute crap and even likes the page that disses it rofl go mel lol

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

it just goes on and on and on and on :p

No Nuts 4u likes this.
  3. No Nuts 4u

No Nuts 4u Member

what awesome confirmation there was NO lawsuit as u had been saying lol

Kirsten likes this.
  4. JoDy

JoDy New Member

Zoe Bell and Kirsten like this.
  5. gods people

gods people Active Member

Latest Updates
    Apr
    [​IMG]
    A Brief History of Mob & Mafia Wars Games
    Posted by Mitch on 12 April 2016 09:27 AM
    First of all we’d like to give a big welcome to everyone who’s joined our game over the past week. We’re touched that so many of you have chosen Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra as your new Mafia Wars alternative after Zynga announced they’d be shutting down their game by June 6th this year.

From looking at some fan Facebook groups and comments over the weekend, it looks like there’s some confusion about how the games differ and which companies run what, so we thought we’d put up a short post to see if there’s any insight we can share.

Back in 2008 we opened up shop as a small, indie game studio here in Victoria, BC. Around the same time, a young, independent developer named Dave Maestri built the original Mob Wars game on Facebook. When that became a major success, a number of competitors built games such as Mafia Wars, and at one point there was a dispute between Dave Maestri and Zynga over similarities between the two games. That case was settled out of court in 2009, and as far as we know there haven’t been any followups since. We at Kano/Apps weren’t involved at all with that suit or either of the two games.

That same year however, we licensed the Mob Wars name from Dave Maestri and made Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra, the official sequel. Our game has a number of different design changes and innovations that we think make it fun and unique, and as a small studio (~20 people!) we’re committed to keeping it current and fun for a long, long time. In fact, we’re looking to bring our suite of games to even more people across more platforms. A mobile version of Mob Wars: LCN is currently available on iOS, with the Android version coming out on Google Play very soon.

We’re not sure why Zynga would choose to shut down a popular game like Mafia Wars. The truth is neither Kano/Apps or our game LCN was involved in the process that led to that decision. What we can tell you is that we’re extremely proud that some of you have settled in the world of Mob Wars: LCN, and that we and the community will do our best to help you feel welcome

Kirsten, No Nuts 4u and JoDy like this.
  6. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

it drones on and on and on... omg.... it never shuts up. it makes it up as it goes along.... on and on and on....

when it says something of interest, someone please alert me. i'd love to see it say something that is TRUE for a change.

7. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

1) If you truly submitted a Ticket properly through Kano Support, then you would be able to view that Ticket from your history! There would not be any attempts of trying to remember or "kinda" remembering - it would be black & white. I am still able to view Tickets I submitted LONG ago, & the Ticket you supposedly submitted would still be in your history - the ONLY reason it wouldn't be there is if you didn't really submit a Ticket.

2) When you first start playing the game, it is very apparent & normal for your character to be weak - the whole concept is to gradually build them up to gain strength based on the amount of effort you put in. What did you think would happen if you Attacked a player 10x-50x (or more) your level? In your Post, it seems as if you expressed frustration from being hit "non stop", & then used that as you excuse to cheat, in an attempt to beat someone 10x-50x (or more) your level. Please realize that it has taken us "veteran" players YEARS (in some cases MANY years) to achieve our current strength levels! Ask yourself if you think that a player (like yourself & regardless of your Equipment) who just recently started playing this game should be able to successfully retaliate (or not) against an attack YOU initiated..

3) Unless you are able to prove you properly submitted a Ticket regarding this issue, & that it went ignored, you shouldn't have even been given an option to create a new account (in my opinion anyway - I HATE knowing that I am playing alongside of cheaters who could potentially DESTROY this game). Like EVERY other player, I started at the bottom, went through the steps (and yes, being attacked by higher levels does happen, especially if you initiated it by working the Hitlist or any other means), play this game faithfully EVERY day, contribute to the community to the best of my ability, & have done all of it without cheating. I don't know what is was like on Mafia Wars because I wasn't there (and frankly I don't care either because this is NOT Mafia Wars), but this game is meant to be played over a long period of time while SLOWLY building your character up (in a many number of different ways), but a 30-60 day old player should absolutely NOT be able to beat someone 10x-50x (or more) their level - that's just NOT how it works here!

Kirsten and Backdoor Boo boo like this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

Let me first just say, thank you for being so honest, vocal, and passionate about Mob Wars: LCN. We know none of you would be here posting if you didn’t care about the game and the community we are all part of, and that means a lot to us.

We know that quite a few of you are upset about rewards given to new players lately, and how that feels unfair compared to what older players get. It wasn’t our intention to make anyone feel this way, and we’re sorry that’s how it has come across.

We’ve frozen the accounts that had taken advantage of this glitch. I know there are a lot of conflicting stories that have gone around about this and we are somewhat limited in what we can say due to privacy concerns. Initially there was some talk about salvaging these accounts but as we looked into it further, we decided that it was not in the best interest of the game and decided to freeze the accounts.

We’ve identified the glitch and have closed it off. To that end we will be bringing back the referrals and rewards program soon, but now it will be available to everyone instead of newer players. Everybody will have the opportunity to make use of this program to get their friends invested and playing and reap the rewards.

We will be keeping a very close eye on this program going forward to make sure no other exploits appear. We will also be extra vigilant in making sure that new players that come through the program are real players, if you’re picking up what we’re putting down.

This is not a perfect solution and there is more work to be done. For the short term we’re focused on finishing off the investigation into the original referrals exploit and making sure the re-launched referrals program works properly for everyone. There is still more to do going forward so keep the conversation open and honest, and we’ll keep listening.

9. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Thanks Mitch a positive and encouraging opener to what is and I'm sure will be an ongoing subject - appreciate the update

mi7ch, Kirsten and robbin gordon like this.
  10. Kirsten

Yes ,Thank you Mitch for responding in a positive manner :)

mi7ch likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Mitch, I have one quick question, is this going to be rolled out to the other games or designed solely for LCN. I could do without this referral feature. It just seems to me that it will continue to be abused, even watching it carefully as you said.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just LCN Facebook for the time being.

JADES likes this.
  13. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Thank you M7ch. I must say Kano has made me proud today by doing the right thing :) Wtg! Keep up the good work to keep our game alive and exploit free

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  14. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

Can you post the links to the "frozen" accounts?

Some one I know says that they "bookmarked a few newbie accounts that I know have taken advantage, they are NOT frozen" yet...

Zoe Bell and Mary Lou like this.
  15. Kirsten

Send those links to support, so they can take a look at them, Kano is not gonna post frozen account links.

JoDy likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Kirsten is correct, if you send them to us we can take a look.

17. Geoff Heretic Wild

I wonder why, example, going through mobsters that I am mobbed with, I remove people that haven't played in a long time, and occasionally come across ones that when you click on them, you get "This account is no longer available"... so I don't see the big deal...but you're right, it's their prerogative....

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Geoff Heretic Wild

Told her to do that - thanks.

mi7ch likes this.
  19. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

So now we have a "referral" link to invite ex Mafia players and for that we get a reward, if they join. And just how would we know who is ex Mafia? We wouldn't.

the Doomlord likes this.
  20. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I would also like to see the frozen accounts as I would like to remove any that may be in my mob so that I can try to get their bounty on the hitlist. Thank you :)

Geoff Heretic Wild likes this.