[VC] CHAT has not been working on and off all week

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Neil Wheeler, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Neil Wheeler

Neil Wheeler New Member

You need to include raid boss fights in the regular Viking Clan interface or make sure that the CHAT is always working. I look forward to RAID BOSS weekend and this weekend has been ruined. Nobody wants to play a game that is not working.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Which platform?

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No problems on fb

4. WorldB

WorldB Member

Kongregate: is there a way to return the time stamp to the World Chat. There was value to it

Birkebeiner likes this.
  5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Keen eye. There has been some backend work happening on Chat this week and right now those time stamps are broken :( We are looking to resolve this today though.

6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

it dont matter to me if the timer is not working or not at all...i just like watching the drama Fly by lol

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Neil Wheeler

Neil Wheeler New Member

Here we are a month later and Sunday RAID BOSS is not working again. This is very disappointing. The event has been spoiled again two months in a row.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

My WC is working fine on Facebook VC, which platform are you on? Try clearing cache in the mean time.

9. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

Lately, when I click on the "CHAT" icon, it disappears and the chat window does NOT appear. I just cleared my cache and rebooted to no avail

Peace,
    ET

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Try zooming out a bunch (Ctrl and hit - key) look around to see if got dragged off screen some how, then reposition it, and zoom back in with Ctrl +

11. Eric Thunderbone

Tried that...no luck. Thanks for the idea though!

12. Eric Thunderbone

And it doesn't matter which computer I'm on...
    I've looked in the app settings and don't see anything unusual either.

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey Eric. I was just testing around with this and perhaps your chat has been dragged out of view as Jades has suggested. Try these steps to restore it until we can address this with a bug fix.

Shrink your browser window so that it is around half the needed width for the game and refresh so you see the "Chat" icon in the upper left.
    http://i.imgur.com/4HEvzJE.png

Click Chat and start scrolling down the page and you should see the chat box. Move this somewhere else on the page by dragging the window so it saves the new position. You should hopefully be able to access the Chat with each new login after you re-position the window.
    http://i.imgur.com/5MQqov9.png

If this does not work please contact support with the Game, Network and User ID affected and we can look into this in more detail.

14. Eric Thunderbone

Support ticket submitted

Smack likes this.
  15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks Eric. Support will be in touch with you but your chat should now be restored. We are aware of how to reproduce this and will be looking for a long term fix very soon.

16. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Kano, you did maintenance a day ago and it brought back the same problem I wrote to support about the last time you did maintenance. You fixed it that time, but just so you know, you need to fix it again. The chat icon is not working right. I click on it and chat opens on the right side of the page. As I told you before, I do not like it there and so I click on the little box with an arrow that says "pop/snap chat" to have it move over to the left side of my page, and when I do that, the chat disappears altogether. I have tried minimizing my game to try to find it in some hidden place, but it flat out disappears. Can you "fix" it again? To be perfectly clear once again. It still works fine on Facebook, but on server 2, it does not.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  17. Roger Joyce

Roger Joyce New Member

got the same problem, not sure WTF is going on. sure as help is playing havoc with trying to get help with BOSS fights. I click my chat and it just vanishes to outer space.

18. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Kong/AG World Chat keeps being erased - sometimes it's up for a day, sometimes two days, sometimes it doesn't last a day. Job chat seems to have a similar type of problem, but to a lesser degree. Guild chat seems to work fine.

Be great to not have WC flushed all the time (sorry for the pun) - working WC would promote more community interaction, which, on balance, would be a good thing. I realize the "interaction" is sometimes inappropriate and I'm not sure how it could/should be monitored, but the way it is now, unless you're in an active guild, the game is not at all "social" (which isn't a good thing for both new and old players).

19. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Thanks Kano. I checked again today, and now I am able to move the chat over to the left side of the page again after it is opened. TY for fixing it.

20. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

It's bad form to quote yourself, but, all of the above remains an issue. Considering interaction on the Kong/Armor server is limited to World Chat for new players - and the fact that new players simply aren't sticking with the game/server - please try to see if WC can be fixed. We've had previous "fixes" but they've not worked:(