[LCN] Feeds are still not working correctly...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jared, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I couldn't find my original thread from months ago about this topic (maybe Jades the thread magician might be able to find it--if it hasn't been deleted, because there was no response until he posted a screenshot to help explain the problem).
    Feeds are STILL not working correctly. I had to check back several times to see all of the job helps that were posted. Once a new one was posted, a few others popped up from hours before that were still active, even though I had checked for them going back 1 day.
    Why don't they ALL show up when you use the different filters? I'm still waiting for an answer to this question. There were some player comments in the original thread, but nothing from Kano other than posts like, "what are you talking about?" And PLEASE... do NOT respond to THIS thread with comments like "what are you talking about?"

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

3. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

What are you typing about? (Sorry, someone had to :D)

Seriously though, yeah without looking back on the previous thread my understanding was it was related to things not showing when someone went offline?

4. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

You really expect Kano to ever really provide any real information or answers? Come on, be serious! Kano likes to be silent for as long as possible then likes to give replies like "we are looking into it" or "we will pass it on to the devs". Then several months later they give another answer that is so vague you are not sure if it was an automated response or not. Kano has no interest in player concerns or questions other than "Open your wallet and spend more here".

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It has to do with the way the algorithm pulls active requests depending on the filters you select. I really can't offer a better explanation than that because I am not technically inclined, but that's the gist of it as I have gathered from the developers.

Will it be fixed? There's nothing technically "wrong" with it other than it needs to be refreshed occasionally to pull the most up-to-date data (again this is dependant on the filters you've selected). It could be improved, but that would take some time and since it is not "game-breaking" and more occasionally inconvenient I don't know when we realistically slot that in.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  6. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Okay.... I edit my previous comment to be "almost never" instead of my implied "always" and "every time" regarding Kano answering our questions and giving us information.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll take it. :)

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jades. There was another one that you posted a screenshot to, but this thread will do.
    The feeds not showing all of the posted requests at any given time using the various filters. I don't believe it has anything to do with whether the player is online or not.
    I actually don't think that's true (I know some spenders that have given up because of the changes that have been made over the past year or so).
    Thanks, mi7ch. Not what I wanted to hear, of course, but at least it was a non-technical explanation that a non-technical person like me could understand. I guess I'll just deal with it as I have over the years, I have a feeling that the techies won't have time to look into the coding for this to improve/eliminate the problem.
    Ditto.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Is this ever going to be improved, or even looked at? This has been an issue for YEARS.