[LCN] CRAFTING has lost all significance

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Xipe Totec, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Dear Mi7ch and Devs,

I know this has been raised before but crafting has become really meaningless. it needs to be revised and stats for crafted weapons, armour etc needs to be upped to make any significance.

the only crafting worthwhile are boss drop or boss kill items and these only for the 50 odd players in Victoria.

i will give a few examples.... Chronic Shotgun - Victoria Boss drop. 117 att and 123 def. thats better than an Ant optimal stats
    so no crafting in either Ant or Moon (job drops) are better and of course nothing below that. in other words players can stop doing anything below Ant jobs and Moon jobs and soon enough they will have all the chronic Shotguns needed... say around 1200 for the average player. this is just a question of time as players are hitting the 50 Vic boss and they become more and more common.

Crafting in Vic is itself not worthwhile, by now most players has a full set of Moon Boss kills drops. Space ghost Armours and StarCruisers which are better or equal to any craft item.

the anomaly is the tangier boss drop (not the boss kill drop item).... desert roamers optimal remain relevant given there stats even in Victoria.

which really takes me to my point, job drops and its crafting used to be better than any boss drop for that city. a player would craft weapons etc from the job drops and the boss kill drops crafting would be a special perk. now its the other way round. the stats are backwards.

I had raised this once before and was told it was the "progression" of increase in crafting. but this position must be incorrect. if it was a progression then job drops and their crafting would remain better than the boss kill drop item.

what appears to be happening is that the game is becoming too quick. with Raids lots of players are reaching Victoria. It used to be that once 20 odd players reached a level for a new city one would be released. but this is happening so quickly now the game cant keep up. the effect is that drops etc become irrelevant and crafting becomes meaningless. keep in mind that many "old school" players would stay in a city for awhile, deliberately to stock up on the best crafting. but since the boss kill drops have better stats than crafting this type of game play becomes pointless.

Either do away with crafting and sending gifts, or make the crafting worthwhile. but either way the game needs to slow down again or you will end up with a Mafia Wars on your hands .... and go the way of the dodo.

2. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more, well said.

3. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Spot on, well said

4. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

was worried i didnt make sense... thanks

kessie570 likes this.
  5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Reminds me of that Cyndi Lauper song. Yet another topic that has been brought up several times before with little (if any) results. It is obvious that crafting is NOT a priority.

Xipe Totec likes this.
  6. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

I agree Jared, but it USED to be such an integral part of the game.

Orez and Kirsten like this.
  7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That was YEARS ago. I can't remember the last time that I crafted. And now that we have the brilliant idea called raids, there are plenty of other items available that make crafting like that Twilight Zone episode.

Xipe Totec likes this.
  8. Hot Mama C

Hot Mama C New Member

Well said.

9. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

I agree for the most part, but crafting really does help those getting started and even myself, I find the odd craft worthwhile and I'm 13 levels from Seoul...granted...the items are really only be good for my city level (other than the Roamers as you say) and as I move up, they will fall by the waste side...IE, the
    Golden Maserati
    88 Attack
    97 Defense
    Helps me on defense for now...but by level 7200 - they will be useless....which means they were only good for about 400 levels...and the most I can use is about 400....but I'll never get that many for like you said, thanks to RAIDs...I'm levelling up faster than they are worth...

10. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Geoff, the thing is, alot of players (i think) already have over 1000 Starcruisers which is Att 106 and def 112 which makes it the best vehicle available with the exception of the roamers. and crafting job drops for vehicles in Ant, moon and Vic arent better than them. Seoul optimal craft (let alone any job crafts) has lower stats than Chronic Shotgun (same applies to Ant, a weapon craft). the job drops crafting used to remain relevant for ages... remember ASIS crafts back in the day... those were GOOD and you could opt to craft EITHER a def or attack item.

Geoff Heretic Wild likes this.
  11. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

Crafting, I found great in Sydney and Havana. I'm nearly in Berlin now but crafting has been not so good since Havana, and looking forward, Tangier looks good but I've a lot of levelling to do before I get there and who knows if anything there will be good when I get there. I'm actually talking to someone in Havana who isn't far off from where I am with drops. I recently passed for Madrid, Maelstrom Tank and expect to get passed the Venice Canal Jetski before I can craft it. Crafting, for me, looking forwards is just about being better than that when I get there, not 'oh a nice boost when I get there' as had been the case before.

12. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

kessie570 likes this.
  13. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

i had missed your Chat Axxo.... lots of the same sentiments expressed there

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't responded yet, we've been a bit overwhelmed here for the last week and I've been pitching in elsewhere; rest assured I have been reading to everything and responding where I can.

I've read the concerns and suggestions stated in the OP and they have been passed up to the developers. I don't have anything further to share at the moment, just wanted to let you know we've seen them and the team is reviewing. :)

Geoff Heretic Wild likes this.
  15. From my point of view I am in Madrid with two levels of Jobs left to open (level 4851) but I am looking to them only for the skill points, as the drops are already going to be useless for me.

Thanks to some generous boss shares from higher levels I already have superior items due to boss drops and I am thankful for that, but it would be great if the people like me who level more slowly, and hence do more jobs in a city than some, and get more job drops could get some kind of benefit from accumulating job drops. It would be nice to be able to do something with my 280 Phalanx Tanks or my Navy MP5s which are both rendered useless before I even completed the actual Job achievement for them

Xipe Totec and Alfredo Scarface like this.
  16. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Thank Mi7ch... Sleeper Service makes the point that even for his level the crafting has become more or less obsolete.

Sleeper Service likes this.
  17. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Plus in most of our stories, we have a high attack and defense items which are miles higher than next location crafts items as well.

18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

LMAO. As far as Kong LCN, a big reason for this is #1, all the bosses shared from the higher levels to players thousands of levels below the cities for those bosses. So many players are already maxed out on boss drops long before they even reach the city itself that there is no point for most to even try for new cities..... this wasn't this case when I started and before RAIDS put so many more players into the higher levels by the simple swipe of a credit card. Leveling used to be important and reaching those new cities mattered. It was not so easy to find those bosses being shared and crafting was an important way to improve your inventory. Now, I have people who turn down even SEOUL bosses as I have been told numerous times that Tangier, Antarctica, Lunar, and Victoria is all they want. Crafting has become obsolete because the items in crafting, especially at mid levels cannot compare with the boss drops of the higher levels - and since boss drops cover all areas (weapons, armor, and vehicle) of course crafting no longer matters.

The real solution would be to put a limit on the minimum level to join bosses - that would fix the need for crafting! <<<< yes, I was being sarcastic in case you are all offended and upset now.

Xipe Totec and Sleeper Service like this.
  19. as an example my next crafting unlock is at 4920, so 70 levels away, its the hidden blueprint of the Fire Bomb.

Again my loadout is already better than the new item that I will unlock, so there will be little point in making any...

I am not holding out much hope on the lvl 4970 unlocks when I get to Venice, either

20. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I have to agree, besides the roamers, there isnt anything worth working on in the workshop for my lvl 7300 LCN KP2 Act. Sure would be nice to see some upgrades in this area. On the raid drop note, Raids suck, plain drops after doing 150 million in damage sucks, monetary costs of doing them sucks, and most of the people that leveled up quick from new accounts by doing the raids well they suck too :) My negative overtone in this post, sucks. Now that i got my venting out of the way, i have 7 more raids to finish whats expected, wish me some superior drop luck.