Kano Delay Tweak

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlterEgoT, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Should lists placed subtract from delay?

1. YES

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. undecided

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Ok it's quite apparently the delay isn't going anywhere despite that every single user feels it kills the momentum of a dying game so how about a tweak?

Right now my delay kicks in at 14 HL kills.

Instead of an automatic cut off how about every list you make deducts from your delay count.

So for instance if I catch 14 but have listed 13 than I still get to play. Showing only 1 towards the delay.

SOMETHING! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. We are tired of catching the folks working the honorables at level 200 only to have to leave after 5 minutes. And quite frankly who wants to list much when you can't earn the cash back? I listed 15T hit my 14 mark and am just SOL. How dull. Add further to that I don't land on any rivals so Nothing to fight since we all know the craze is die and leave stay dead til next gp time. (ah where has the pride gone)

How about it folks? Wouldn't you like to play longer than 5 minutes? and if you are listing you are still giving folks a chance since you can't hunt your own and you've put a list back up for the one you got.

please? something?

ChefD_74, Xtina, Gobbler and 3 others like this.
  2. KendallTruitt

KendallTruitt New Member

I agree 100% something needs to be done about it. The bounty blitz worked at first but now you are lagged within first 5 minutes because of the limit please KANO do something about this issue. AlterEgoT has a wonderful idea that might liven up this game that is dieing ever so quickly. Thank you for your time and hopefully a quick fix and response.

3. Without question something needs to be done to make the system run right for us fighters/hunters .Many in the game are happy just doing bosses and outbreaks ...helps and whatnot. By restricting hitlist hunters we get the feeling of being tied to a big tree and it is no fun just staring at targets flash as we droll on the keyboard . Put a little life back in the game KANO and just try removing lag from system for one week .I bet we will see some good action and the system will be less clogged .

ChefD_74, Gobbler and AlterEgoT like this.
  4. Monica la mitraille

Monica la mitraille New Member

I agree and voted, but it's like for new arena rule, Kano seem they prefer keep only a few happy than the majority of it's core daily players, so I quit on hoping for this game long ago.

5. PM Rules

PM Rules New Member

Pffft. They don't care about us. They're busy making it rain with the pay to win arena. Oh, this is a delay post. That's even worse than BA.

ChefD_74, Xtina and AlterEgoT like this.
  6. Gobbler

Gobbler New Member

I do not often voice my opinion and I can not claim long term playing status like some of the elders; However, I do feel punished for catching bounties etc. with the current delay system. I agree with Alter Ego wholeheartedly. Subtracting the delay will enhance game play, attract more lists, improve the in-game economy, and also assist new comers with list catching achievements. Maybe it can be scripted to where the higher cash/gold amount listed the more subtracted from the delay or the lower the cash/gold amount caught/killed the less it effects the delay (that way the lower level lists i.e. level 200's etc. don't effect the higher levels as much).

- Gobbler :)

ChefD_74, Xtina and AlterEgoT like this.
  7. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

I'm not sure of this would work well or just add to general game delay (lag). But i love that people actually take time out to come up with ideas to improve the game.
    I think that if kano could somehow get rid of all the people using auto-clickers there would be no need for a delay. Some are pretty obvious, just get rid of them. It sholdn't be too hard.

AlterEgoT and Xtina like this.
  8. Xtina

Xtina Member

I think this is a great idea.. Would be great if Kano would finally listen. Although I'm sure we'll be given the same wish wash round about response that always leaves us feeling we've entered the twilight zone - there is no delay but there is a delay.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  9. ChefD_74

ChefD_74 New Member

I think Alter idea is good, I just think Kano needs to open there eyes and listen to the players that actually care for the game and want to see it get better, or they are going to be leaving the game at a even faster rate..

AlterEgoT likes this.
  10. Hemlox Pandemonium

Hemlox Pandemonium New Member

Definitely. They should be promoting/encouraging people to actually play one of the only "live" aspects of the game. Those that spend, get rewarded!

...now we also need something along the lines of an extra delay for those that hoard

ChefD_74 and AlterEgoT like this.
  11. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

No only reason is you have failed to grasp the concept the ones who runs scripts just can as easily throw up small accounts whos links they have saved and let them start tossing them up in another browser window.So they now get to have unlimited hitlist delay in doing your method by tossing others while still being able to catch them in the process. Sorry its a good idea don't get me wrong. But people need to think of how it can be abused first by cheats. And lets face it as many times as we report the cheats and Kano claims their getting rid of them. They are getting rid of the small accounts they make. Not their main account. Or only allowing a temp ban. Which is sad and pathetic.

12. AlterEgoT

Does it matter? those using bots do not seem to get delay anyway.

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Your kidding me right. So your solution is if you can't beat them join them. Yes it matters. If you want to earn something you do it the hard way sometimes and honest way. Not by sinking so low that you need to cheat in a game. I look at it this way in life. If your that desperate that you need to cheat in a game your life is that pathetic outside of the game also because you probably steal and cheat to on things. And sooner or later it will catch up to you. You can think owe i am never going to get caught but you will. So again my answer is no and a 1 star.

Tony Montana likes this.
  14. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

The Hitlist cap is bullsh!t to say it nicely (please pardon my language). If someone is a hunter, let them hunt with out punishing their success. I see the cap/throttle take hold at 14 kills, and usually by time im up to 22-24 kills, i dont see anyone listed for about an hour. Makes Blitz a complete misery after the first five minutes of participation for me. The math captcha pop up was more than adequate to catch bot users and script users alike. Of course kano's position might be they want to allow the opportunity for others to get in on the hitlist kill action which is BS too. Anyone has just as good as a chance of landing the kill as I do, untill kano throttles the successful people out of the competition

AlterEgoT likes this.
  15. AlterEgoT

WTH?

No offense but no where would I ever say if you can't beat em join them.

What I SAID was....

Will it matter if cheaters can list to remove the delay when whatever they are using already circumvents the delay to begin with.

In other words. Why NOT let the HONEST players at least have a chance of playing for a little bit longer. The cheaters are going to cheat regardless and do not seem to need a way around the delay so the fact that they will list so they can catch is utter ridiculousness. If they have nifty little programs that block others and allow for multi clicking what good is a delay going to do in stopping them?

Plain and simple from Kano's own words in a thread entitled get rid of the hitlist delay sums up why that doesn't even enter into this equation . i'll paraphrase because I am entirely too lazy to go quote it.... the delay is in place to allow for greater access by folks with slower connections NOT to catch bots/scripts.

if kano is going to punish players for what cheaters do we might as well close up shop now. There isn't a darn thing an honest player can do in the game that a cheater isn't going to have a faster, better, more efficient way of doing.

Now all that being said.
    Again. What does it hurt for HONEST players to have a chance to contribute to the game and a way to increase their playing time very often then increasing their dollars spent. As contrary to what many believe a great deal of the proceeds comes from stam refills. (you need stam for bosses,s you need stam for BA, you need stam for RB's, you need stam for FW, you need stam for hunting) And guess what the longer you sit here playing the more likely it is you will run out of stam and want to keep playing and buy that refill. However, if you can't hunt, there is no reason to refill to hang around. The fight list dies. The outbreaks finish. The gp is done in a matter of moments, and the bosses are pretty useless after level 10. Thus, unless it's RB, BA or you just love to level, the incentive to spend is to hang around. If you can't catch, why hang around if you aren't a level machine?

so who cares if a cheater can list from one tab and catch on another. In this scenario it does not matter. Why? Because they already cheat. They already find ways to avoid the delay.

Sorry. Quite the tirade. more of it is frustration that the paying customers can't even give kano their cash, thus ssuddenly every event costs enormous amounts of un to compete. which thus deters non paying customers since they cannot possibly compete.

The game was once fun. I'm not sure it can really be saved. It may only be for the true addicts now. But I can't help but try.

I feel very strongly that if folks had a reason to hang around longer than 5 minutes the relationships would help drive the game. But when it turns from entertainment to a job you are going to lose people. And right now? It's a job. Get your gp. Hit your hourly calendar. Hit your 3 hr wb. Or w/e I don't even pay attention to any of that part anymore and I used to have it open all day every day running in the background when at work. popping in every available moment trying to stay healed. Now who cares if you die. Just stay dead like everyone else. Come online get your 5 minute gp, catch your 14 HL kills and leave. Seriously 8 minutes start to finish close it out til the next night.

So I don't mean to go off. But I really never said let the cheaters cheat or can't beat them join them. I've always felt personally if you have to cheat at a mostly free point and click game you must really really need the ego boost. And far be it from me to take that away from you if you need it that badly. But honestly, where is the fun in that? Why play a game such as this at all? For bragging rights? Who on earth are you bragging to? We celebrate each other's achievements sure, but what is it I've heard said in WC? Game cred? Yeah you can have the game cred. I just like to click. And occasionally match wits.

Justin the killer and Gobbler like this.
  16. AlterEgoT

It would appear no one much checks these anymore.

I miss Mitch's little replies.

Eh well.

All good things must come to an end......

17. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

would be nice to see this update on that behalf of your idea Alter :) then again i really dont like delays period whats the point in having a delay anyways all the script/bots can still slip by them delays so whats the point...come on Kano do what she says...lol

18. AlterEgoT

exactly.

Justin the killer likes this.