To like or not to like, that is the question...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jared, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

So if I like someone's post, they get a like point. If I unlike that post, does the like point get taken back? And why is there an option to unlike something anyway? Maybe we should be tracking unlikes in addition to likes? It's very unlike anything I'v e seen, please feel free to like if you agree, and unlike if you want to be a pest and have nothing better to do than like and unlike posts. Or, in valley girl speak, "like, gag me with a spoon!"

Kirsten likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Best guess is it's set up that way from XenForo, and who gives a crap anyways?

mi7ch and Kirsten like this.
  3. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

My opinion is that only likes should count. If there is someone that just doesn´t like you for whatever reason, they will make it a priority to dislike any and all of your posts. Haters gonna hate. It´s easy to be negative, but getting approval is an achievement.

4. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i just tried this. i liked a post, and the player's like count went up by one. when i unliked it, it went down by one. so feel free to like and unlike anything you want, you can't pad someone's like stats by repeatedly liking and unliking that player's posts. it's true it doesn't matter, and forum achievements don't count for anything, anyway.