Group Chat Owner Delete Post Option

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by greatM, Oct 31, 2015.

?

SHould there be an option for the group chat owner to delete posts in their group chat.

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi Mitch, I just made the suggestion with no effort to chase people to this thread ;) any thoughts on asking the question if this would be an easy mod ? I'm guessing it wouldn't take to much effort and cant be a bad thing to implement :)

Chasity and JADES like this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's definitely on the list of things of things for me to ask about, just waiting on word on some other queued requests before I bring this up. :)

JADES, Chasity and greatM like this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is already available in Guild feed Mitch, so can't see that much of a problem adding it to Group/Guild pages world chat, and remove the mute/report from it. :eek:
    If didn't play on FB where we have their chat option, I certainly would be more pro-active on KANO'S arse about this (No pun intended) And extend it to atleast 100 posts not 50

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  4. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

5. Once again this evening- I am redoing slap chat lists- ARGH- I consider my time to be valuable- I know Kano could not afford to pay me what I get paid on my job!!! The same problem is staring me in the face!! Revisions- UGH:mad::mad: A simple delete button would do wonders to remove those no longer affected by the parameters of the group, BUT NO....I will need to either creatively delete all entries and enter anew, or delete the group and start over. Kinda sucks the fun right out of one's day off...but Karma is coming to visit someday. :cool::p:rolleyes:

eric smith, Chasity, koo22 and 2 others like this.
  6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

would be nice to see if they would unban players an only let them talk thru the armada chats but keep world chat ban :)

7. koo22

koo22 Member

So this option to vote on this is from 2015 and we still don't have a delete option. And Groups is more messed up than ever.

8. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Great Idea - would be very useful. (Y)

9. greatM

greatM Active Member

Just thought I'd bump this as it has been over 1yr since it was suggested with >
    1. yes
      24 vote(s)
      85.7%
    2. no
      4 vote(s)
      14.3%
    Did the idea ever get put forward to the dev team ?

10. greatM

greatM Active Member

Is this still on the list of things to do ? :)

11. no disrespect guys . but I would rather owner could pass the chat , as we can pass a syn , at this point if owner wants to leave chat , chat closes.
    And would make it easier if we could see links instead of names, Players change name often. I have to play go fish to find out whom is whom

Chasity likes this.
  12. This is why we would appreciate a delete- so we could repost the new name....the old name gets deleted! Old names are as useless as unwanted players or names on those chats. o_O

eric smith and JADES like this.
  13. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

Delete Button for the poster highly recommended.

Terror of The Scioto and Chasity like this.
  14. I would like to know why you can delete posts from forums , but it seems so difficult to add a delete button to the groups chat. Or perhaps you would consider developing another area in the groups specicfically designed for slap chats....and maybe you could add a delete button per line entry as part of the parameters....would that be possible?

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Bump, well I see you made user names un-clickable now in jobs as well and added a pop-up to add clan, great another button to accidently click on. How about our "delete option" been asking for in groups?

16. Is the Jeopardy tune on terminal loop to play on this one? Please move this from the back burner! I have no desire to hit a job and add a player...yet that lovely piece of work was added. It's beautiful and I am sure some newbs are dancing over that addition. Why must we completely redo our chats due to an error when a simple delete button would remedy the situation? All we ask for is a delete option! Is it so hard?:(

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    eric smith, Chasity and JADES like this.
  17. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I just wish Kano would make it to where I can ditch my laptop! I'd be ecstatic if I could switch out my Gift Wish List, while using my tablet!!!!!! (I'm playing Pirate Clan on Armor Games.) :)

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So we get 2 new forum admins. and can't even get a response? :eek:

19. Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home? COME ON GUYS!! Will you please give the delete in the group chats a serious consideration? PLEASE bring it to the front burner. I am sick and tired of redoing ENTIRE chats when a simple click or two could have remedied the mess. Have you had your hug today? :(

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

You know something's changed when Jades can't even get a response. He's one of our more respected members, and can usually help get things brought to someone's attention. I'm used to being ignored myself, so it's nothing new to me.