[VC] Suggestion...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric Thunderbone, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

This is a minor suggestion that would really only affect thirty people...

The world leaderboard lists the top 120 in levels achieved. I have been playing for six years and finally got to level 10000 a week or so ago. That's still not enough to crack the top 120. Is there any way we could add a fifth page to the leaderboard?

Peace,
    ET

2. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i would say no. i would say i'm a mid-level (what used to be a high level before raids), and i still can't get on the world leaderboard. you just have to work a little harder.

3. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Yup - although longevity is on the side of the early joiners.

4. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

As is a wallet I suppose....................

5. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Since the raid bosses were introduced, even the long-term players have dropped off the leaderboard. If you got plenty of $$$ to spend on raids, then you'll easily make the top 120. It's really not that important to add an extra page in my opinion.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

All the people who didnt like this idea make me laugh...... HAHAHAHAHA. Why not? not a big deal. I wouldn't say make it a priority of the developers but what would it hurt? So we have the top 150 instead of top 120. The comments and response tend to act like it would change the entire game or change the dynamics of how it is played. "OH NO, I am 149th and I don't like it on page 5! Someone stop it before I read and see who is 148th!"

7. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

Great idea. I think Kano are missing a trick here. If you are not on the leaderboard or have no chance of getting on a leaderboard then, as a general rule, you are not really interested in the leaderboard. If the leaderboards were extended to the top 500 places and modified to show only active players (those who have played within the past month) then a lot more playing Vikings would be added. Once on the leaderboard there is much more incentive to climb above friends and rivals alike and naturally this would involve spending more time and/or money on the game.

Achievements tied to being on the leaderboard also wouldn't hurt (biggest riser in a season, number of seasons on the board, number of weeks without a fall in position, hitting the top 400, 300, 250 etc.) :)

8. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

you're right. i think the leaderboard should be 400 pages instead of only 4. that would definitely encourage more active gameplay and competition. i, for one, know that i check the leaderboard constantly each day to see where i rank among the inactives. this is the most important aspect of the game!

9. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

i like this. A lot. More stats is better. More is more. Simple as that. Unless the loading times get affected.

10. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

pull up the friends leaderboard and there you will be high like you want

Kirsten and Jared like this.
  11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

exactly.

12. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

It could be motivational to see where you are. At the moment, if you are not on the leaderboard you are a nobody who is nowhere. But maybe if the leaderboard were a bit longer and you could see our own position you could be motivated to play more and move in an upward direction. Just saying.

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Couldn't care less

Brosnik likes this.
  14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i doubt it. i haven't cracked the top 100 yet. so now if i know i'm in the top 150, i'll be "motivated" to move up? after 3 years of playing, if i was only motivated by that, i would have quit a loooong time ago.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Motivational measures don't work on my in my job either - much to the frustration of the management. I just do my job as well as I can and get on with my life - unlike some who seem to be married to the job - urgh.

Kirsten likes this.