[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As I said a few pages back we won't be making any gameplay changes to the Raid Event regarding this particular circumstance at this time, however I will be talking to Support about this one player who seems to be the root cause of most of the frustration. I can't make any guarentees because ultimately this decision is Support's bailiwick, but I would like to see this nipped in the bud as much as everyone else. :)

2. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

So one player is allowed to destroy 20-25% of all raids on a server without any consequences for anyone else than the playerbase.........

3. I haven't opened any up this time because of him. I also have not spent one dime this time.

StoneCK likes this.
  4. There has to be some way to get his IP address or something. I am not a computer person but really???? Nothing can be done?

StoneCK likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm confused here because my post states that even though we won't be making any gameplay changes I will be looking into this matter with Support to try and resolve it.

6. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

but how do you resolve 30-40+ raids perished, fps spent, 6 days of frustrations, lost xp, lost drops because a raid was killed 4 times by two tier 1 alts in a matter of minutes and ALL done by one single individual. And that we know, this will start all over again at next raid event, because as you say, no changes will be made to the game.

It is no more than an hour ago he killed yet another raid, so you haven't even stopped him this season.

StoneCK and Jess like this.
  7. Costline

Costline New Member

Frustrating :/ Think an administrator need to come play the game for a while and see whats going on. Cause as it is more players will quit and less will spend money.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think that the posts here have clearly illustrated why it is frustrating to players on Kongregate which is why I'll be personally looking into a more permanent solution to this issue instead of having Support ban this person's accounts as they come in.

StoneCK likes this.
  9. Rambo

Rambo New Member

Looks like what ever gameplay changes you have already made didn't fix anything. And if You won't be making any new gameplay changes, the next raid season will be worst then this.

10. Rambo

Rambo New Member

"...permanent solution to this issue..." Is gameplay changes.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I have previously discussed this matter with the developers and at the time we agreed that adjustments to the gameplay were not necessary. If my own investigations do not pan out we can look at hopefully making changes before the next round of Raids or the subsequent one if the situation warrants.

StoneCK and Rambo like this.
  12. I agree. Frustrating is not the word I want to use. :) So much energy , stamina and cash wasted the last raid event and he still gets away with it.

StoneCK likes this.
  13. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

As promised in Post #1012, I would like to report the results pertaining to the number of different Random Rewards Drops for the Giga Prowler Raid Bosses. Also in Post #1012, you will see that I had received the same three Rewards after collecting from the first three Giga Prowler Raid Bosses. Either my sampling was just too small (as stated in Post #1012 might be the case), or Kano changed the "randomness" of receiving Raid Boss Rewards, because I began receiving many different Items after sharing my experience in this Thread! If Kano made a change which caused me to begin collecting different random Rewards, then thank you very much because it most definitely worked! If my small sampling pool from collecting only three Rewards was the problem, and receiving the same three Items was just a strange anomaly, then I apologize for speaking too soon! Below is a new photo of the Giga Prowler Raid Boss Rewards I have received so far:

Raid Boss GIGA Rewards v3.jpg

AXXO likes this.
  14. Easy To Remember

[In regards to Raid Bosses on Server 1] Kano stated before the first Raid Boss was ever released that players should ONLY share their Raids with people they know/trust, and explicitly warned about the potential problems caused by sharing them publicly, which I have repeatedly brought up in this Thread on several different occasions. The Raid Bosses that fail are very poorly managed, and often the owners do not take sufficient time to strategically invite players via personal message like Kano suggested they do, which prevents those "raid killers" from being able to join altogether, thus completely eliminating your issue! Personally, I don't believe it is Kano's responsibility to fix a nonexistent issue to prevent "raid killers", because it is (and always has been) 100% preventable - assuming the owner follows the recommendations that Kano set forth prior to the first ever Raid Boss Event. ;)

Kirsten likes this.
  15. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

I suspect Kano will notice the reduced spending this round of raids, on Kong at least, and will determine if it is enough of a reduction in revenue to justify making any changes. Then, and only then, will they actually invest in making significant changes that have been suggested here.

16. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

while i agree that it is a very good idea to only invite trusted participants, on kong there are so few players and so many new ones starting (and shortly thereafter quitting) it is difficult to find enough good players to fill a raid. But i have said the same things as you have: invite only trusted people to participate in your raid and you should be ok...IF they will do significant damage to it.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  17. Easy To Remember

And that is also why I included the comment regarding my reference was for Raid Bosses on the Facebook/Kano Play Server 1 Platform (just too make that clear). I have never played on any of the other platforms, so I would never provide input on a subject which I know nothing about! ;)

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  18. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

this is not true. i am one of the "trusted" players, and i joined 3 raids this past time, 2 of which were killed by an alt (i presume), and the last one expired before we could put it down because it wasn't full. there are plenty of us willing to join raids that aren't posted publicly, but the invites aren't sent to us (just like the top location bosses aren't available to us). i could care less at this point. if alts are going to ruin almost every raid that i join, i'd just as soon not waste my time.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

Why are the raids not sent to you? Are you not making it known that you would like to participate or are you not liked well enough to have them sent to you? My statement remains the same, if you only send the raids to people you know and trust, most likely you will be ok. I participated in one particular raid this past session that the owner was fairly cautious with me...not that i would perish it but that i might not do more than the minimum. This made me think the raid would be safe, yet it was perished. Somehow, some way, the raid link was passed to and undesireable. the long and the short of it is: know who you are inviting...period! That said, I still believe it should only be the one that perished and maybe the owner that have the xp reduced if it is perished, not everyone in the raid.

20. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

100% agree with @Easy To Remember here are my results: it wasn't only this, but every raid I did. except for the ones returned.
    Untitled.png

Easy To Remember likes this.