[LCN] SW and Groups need rethought

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sir Opinion Alot, Sep 28, 2015.

1. otty22

otty22 Active Member

If it were a "war" literally, it have been through elimination, so it's just a battle. And i'm ok with A syns with no active players, that makes others to get some good points.

2. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

If they really wanted to play, they could create their own syndicate.

I'm not sure it is a great solution, since right now, organisation skills can make up for raw skills to some extent, but this is harder with a smaller group of people. So SW may then just become easily dominated by a group of 15 top players.

3. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Less active synds shouldn't be helped to be competitive.

We should encourage activity, not inactivity. If people don't want to fill their syndicate then it's their own fault.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  4. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about how many members could make up a syndicate? LOL I guess it turned into a discussion regarding how Syndicate Wars is played? As far as Syndicate Wars, I like the way it is. It is probably the one thing I think doesn't need changing :p My comment about how we were a A syndicate with two players was just a comment - not a complaint.

5. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

its just odd a group of 8 people can be ranked higher than a syndicate that has 25 in it, i just thought over the years the skillpoints have been added alot.

6. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

If it's 8 high level players it makes perfect sense as only the top 15 matter anyhow.

7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The current system does encourage inactivity, for smaller synds. They have little incentive to focus on SW and just use it to dump stamina.

It's the same in BA, a few players always fight for the win, the rest just dump some stamina into it and try to pick up a little prize. No surprise fewer and fewer people play that too.

ChewbaccaSW and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  8. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

The big question (Mich probably has the answer) : how many active people are playing, daily or 5 times per week? Cause the modification to do / proposition to make is not the same in function of this answer!

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

The one thing I've noticed for the wars is that stats don't matter almost at all. If I use 300 tokens for attacks, and someone else in my crew uses the same number, we get almost the exact same amount of points. Shouldn't players with different skill allocations (say, heavy in attack) be able to get more points that someone else that has a lower attack stat?

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well, that's way it's designed uses top 15 players stats(not individuals), difference is damage dealt or heal due to higher allocation of skill points so already have that in place due to loadout start wars with. The set up for points is rated on what type of guild for all whether be A,B,C,D OR E, in essence it's your decision on points.

11. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

It's a team game, so it's better to do the same damage.

12. Sir Opinion Alot

but you all over looking and picking at every other point, its simple today with all the skill points there are available when kano made the groups by total number the numbers then was alot smaller the total amount of skill points have double or tripled for some individuals point being anygroup without 15 people should not be a A or B group there is no way less than 15 can even have a chance when it comes to total tokens avaivable and that includes healing they basically a sitting target for easy scoring a or b group, im just saying with the dramatic increase of personal skill points being allocated now the numbers for the group should and need to be refigured for the syndicate classification.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  13. Sir Opinion Alot

damage is determined by total of group attack skill points, the xp is just a % basically equal to the same xp as a fight. Its a team effort so damage is the same when you use your 1 token you are taking the 24 others in the war with you as you do ur damage against opposite team, that is why the damage is so high if it went of ur personel you would do way less damage per token

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I see. So I should just fill up my syndicate with alts--oops, I meant, new players--to get the maximum number of points, since the individual skills don't matter and I'm allowed to have the maximum number of participants for each event? We can probably double our points and move into the top 10 each time, thanks for the suggestion.

15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

That is why HKL dies immediately after re-spawning every time we join SW. The last time we played SW before Shurd left for ATAK, we had only four players but those four were in the top 10 in levels for the game. The points other syndicates could get off of us and how easy it is to kill a B syndicate with only 4 players, we died non-stop. Sometimes we could not even get enough time to use tokens for the experience before being killed.

^^^^^^^ I said this once before in an earlier post.

ChewbaccaSW likes this.
  16. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Never understood why you guys didn't fill that syndicate. You'd be untouchable at the top.

17. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I did once. We actually started RIP in Kong LCN and we got talked into letting a bunch of people join. And one of the first issues was people complaining how Stone and I shared our bosses. It started with they thought we should share with the group first. Then the limits should be set to certain amount. And then that I should not kill my bosses off without giving the group at least 24 hours. It seemed someone was always complaining about something. If I shared with a non-syndicate member I was lectured on how the syndicate should come first no matter what. The problem was that is not how I think and it has always been those are MY bosses. I leveled to get them and I will share, kill, or not open them as I please. Then it was issues with BA and how people were upset that I would kill anyone and everyone I found and I didn't stop to see if they were on some group list to not kill. I already had my little group of players I worked with and we just killed everyone we could and tried to avoid Chucky LOL. Then it was something else.... and it seemed someone was always wanting to create some restriction or rule for the syndicate. Finally I asked the original players I started RIP with if we wanted to just moved on. The answer was that they all wanted to start a new syndicate and go back to just a handful of us. So we left and made HKL and decided never to do that again. There is the story. lol

18. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

In regards to those you chose to join your synd I go to the words of the Grail Knight (you being the he in the quote): "He chose... poorly."

19. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Well... If ever you're looking for a new challenge there is a good one mate.

Hand pick your team mates (very doable to get 20+ good players if you put word out) and set the rules however you want them, explain that's how the synd will work, like it or leave it.

20. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Even now I have a BLUE CHAT GROUP I share bosses with and I get people who complain that I have the limit too high or didn't leave a boss up long enough - and this group gets my bosses just because. So people always complain even when it is given to them for free with no strings attached. LOL And the people who were chosen were not people I disliked - just the type of people that solidify my reasons for NOT being in a syndicate of 25 people. With Stone, Shurd, Vili, JJ, Nastone, and myself - it has always been do whatever you want and play your own game. They made the perfect syndicate members. JJ has long since quit. So has Nastyone. Vili recently took a break and may or may not be back. And Shurd finally got bored and moved to try another more active style of playing. ;-) Stone will eventually quit I am sure and I am not too far behind him.