[LCN] Raids vs leveling partners

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bite Me Yes, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Bite Me Yes

Bite Me Yes New Member

I would much rather see a player using Raids to level up vs a leveling partner. Leveling up with the Raids is way more believable than a leveling partner where the extremely high levels are concerned. Just saying. ;)

zaraki likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

What ever happened to PVP, gawd this is getting ridiculous...

Marc14 and Kirsten like this.
  3. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

Jades - I don't come to the forum much, can you tell me what PVP means? :oops: Person vs person?

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Close! Player versus Player is the commonly accepted definition for PvP.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

Thanks mi7ch!

6. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

Are you saying I am not believable? I have been working with a/some level partners for long before raids came along. It has taken years to get to where I am, hours upon hours invested into the game. You personally have benefited from that by the bosses I have shared with you. There are now people that have passed me in levels, or will soon pass me, that have done it almost solely with raids, and in months not years. How is that more believable than how I did it?

Rhenkle1 likes this.
  7. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

This thread makes no sense whatsoever. If people want to spend the time levelling... Let them.

Not sure where believability comes into it.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Because leveling with a partner is not really fighting, time consuming ,boring as hell,I imagine, but not taking a risk, raids have by passed leveling with a partner, most I know that do it, do not even bother with a partner anymore,since Raids can do what took them years to do ,in a few raids.

I always felt leveling with partners , was a loophole ,but Raids ,pfffffft

9. thefluffycactus6

thefluffycactus6 New Member

I've heard it mentioned before, but how does having a leveling partner work, exactly? (and personally I use raids and syn wars to level faster)

10. Kirsten

You make an agreement with a friend and you attack each other and heal for each other , lame, so it is playing pattycake :p

Marc14 likes this.
  11. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

You take turns to attack each other. One attacks, one heals. It's the most effective way of moving up levels as it gets you the most XP for your stamina.

12. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

you call it lame, i call it efficient. to each their own.

13. Kirsten

Yup to each his own,I have many friends who do it ,have done it are still doing it,I tell them it is lame,does not mean they are not friends lol

14. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It's also the only way to get some of these absurd fight achievements (3,000,000 Fight Wins :O )

zaraki, SefuLaBani and ChewbaccaSW like this.
  15. Kirsten

Maybe but it is not a true win.

16. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Good luck getting 3m true wins.

17. Kirsten

Personally I would rather have a lot less so called "true" wins, then the stats or wins from using a leveling partner .

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  18. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

So do I, but that is missing the point, I think.

When the game is set up so certain achievements can only be achieved by using a certain method, that implicitly endorses that method.

19. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

PvP remains still more interesting : with a raid you have 150-175 XP / stam spent, when you do levelling with an appropriate partner, you get 300-320 XP /stam spent (correct my numbers if they're wrong, but i have these numbers). However, in Raids you use your stam 20 per 20, so it's quick. When you do levelling sessions, it's 1 per 1 (5 times), then 5...with the super attack. So 2 stam / click.
    So :
    Raids => 20 stam spent / click , 150-175 XP / stam. Quicker but less efficient.
    PvP => 2 stam spent / click , 300-320 XP / stam. Way slower, but the most efficient.

20. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

Great analysis, @ChewbaccaSW, it really highlights that a leveling partner is the way to go if you have the time and effort to put into it!

ChewbaccaSW likes this.