[VC] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Harald Hårfagre

Harald Hårfagre New Member

I'm sorry I'm too Merciful or should I say "mild and meek" for your taste.
    But as you know, fair is my name.
    Hope you did not loose too many nights of sleep from the time I withdrew my help on one boss.

2. Sindi

Sindi New Member

I like playing the Raid Bosses. I usually join a few at a time and I put a lot of stamina and energy into them. I'm usually one of the top damage makers YET I end up with common drops... I don't get it!

3. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

I often see compaints from other players about the raid system as a whole. The "best" suggestion I have read so far is the intallation of an "idiot button" that asks "Your next attack will cause the Raid party to perish!" , "Proceed with your attack?". This would show once in for all if killing off the raid party was an "accident" or not. Furthermore if someone is killing the raid party willingly, they should be benched by the second offence for that raid period.

4. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

I think this is the best idea so far when it comes to dealing with non-healers.

5. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i can see this. i would imagine it wouldn't be difficult to code, but i really have no idea. i don't see how this is going to deter raid party killers, though (not a problem i deal with) and it will punish players like me who make a bunch of attacks and heal after instead of attack, heal, attack, heal, attack (which takes forever).

6. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

FYI: Raid party killers have been dealt with "severely" ... kill two of them and you can't do anything further in the Raid Event. Except on your own.

7. Kel the Merciful King

The above is namby rule 2. And it actually does not "fit" into the Game of Raids ... what about those Raids with 5 mins of life and have 100M - 200M in health? If you kill the party, what difference does that make to the party? It was a legit strategy and now ... poof! Namby, meek and mild game it is now.

8. Kel the Merciful King

I lost no sleep at all. I thought it was ruthless as a good viking can be. A good move and showed the way the game can be played. Then they made it mild and meek. Not fair I would say ... just lame for a fighting game ... fair to me is when you can hit someone back 71 times in 3 seconds who hits you like that. That is something you can do, not I :D

Harald Hårfagre likes this.
  9. GwenTheWelshGal

GwenTheWelshGal New Member

Killing the second raid boss I summoned game me a 7th Lake Hag. I think I've managed to raise a small army of them.

10. Harald Hårfagre

The 71 hits in 3 secs is a far from what I can do as it is from what you can do. It's like saying I drived my car in 1000 miles per hours. Nice accuse, would be a good gimmick on a sci fi film, but physically impossible with the networks response time.

I'm not even able to heal when bountied at the same time as tossing others and chatting in WC as some other can.

But we are moving far outside the threads topic now

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  11. Harald Hårfagre

I can do 12 barrage at 20 stam before it leave green. So could still work effective on them. And you would at same time kill the boss with fewer attacks, since damage already is degrading when attacking on lower Party Health.
    And it's not ment as cure against killers, but more like a cure against those never helping with heal, always leaving raid at very low health.

12. Kel the Merciful King

See I am none too sure that is it not a legit strategy to do this non-healing. A few players do it and one was named here. It's not supposed to be a kumbaya thing where we all sing together or we all be mild and peaceful to each other all the time or just at raid time. I actually liked the move of withdrawing support to screw your rivals - that is part of the game - entirely legit.

SNORING!!!!!

13. Harald Hårfagre

This would not remove the options of withdrawel. But two withdrawels on same raid event will already strike back on you

14. Kel the Merciful King

Withdrawal is a much bigger thing to the person themselves v. the rivals. I prefer the original way and that might have made them a better fit in a battle game. They also fit with the invite system that was developed as well.

There is no way of stopping rivals at these events. None now due to this. There was a method before at least to say ... you don't like x or x guild :p ... When they cut it back to 10% overall damage I doubt the "withdrawal" move would be done in that environment.

As is, doing it 2x is a job for alts and that alt thing is about the only thing that Kano seems to be able to catch.

Cheers!
    PS I don't think the pics illustrate much other than the person who did all that damage got what they wanted from the boss. Not everyone is going to play the same "game" as everyone else. I kind of applaud that one for doing what his game strategy calls for, whatever that is.

15. Since it cost so much energy to open these raid bosses. I wonder if we could use some help to open the raid boss like we use challenge help top open Calendars, Odins Runes, and Hunter challenges.

Kurt likes this.
  16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

some just want the levels, so no .

17. Kirsten

Does not take all that much, I got my keys with some energy I had left and two refils, and the second one I did not wind up using it all so had enough to attack and heal mine :)

18. koo22

koo22 Member

Kano has the tier system in VC and PC backwards. You've raised top tier in PC to 10K, yet there are hardly any very high level players in PC. In VC, where there ARE more high levels, you've kept top tier at 9K. It needs to be the other way around. Notwithstanding all the other issues brought up here, the tiers are BACKWARDS. There are less and less players doing RBs every "cycle", and now if they have to put forth lots of effort to find high tier players, you'll lose even more. Please change VC to 10K and put PC back to 9K.

19. Kirsten

No PC is fine where it is, there are plenty of high levels in PC, that fill the raids :) 65 players in fact in PC, yes not as many as VC which has a bigger player base, but 65 when there are only 10 spots to fill,works for me :)

20. koo22

koo22 Member

I disagree....they've started in PC and the high tier levels are complaining about "full inboxes" and the lowers are trying their damndest to find 10 players over 10K...sure they're there, but they're being bombarded, and its annoying for both.