Forum Posting Program Season Four

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Thank you for all you do! :)

2. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

I love rewards, will try and remember to post and get them. Thanks!

3. its a good initiative, thank you

4. otty22

otty22 Active Member

Sooo the season has started, wish you all good luck! Rewards, come to meeeee :cool:

5. Wiccan Wizard

Wiccan Wizard New Member

I've been playing Mob Wars for 5 years and this is the first I have heard of the incentives. Sounds like a good idea.

6. aleco

aleco New Member

oh gawd i feel ure pain :)

7. I read about them last season, but the thing is I'm not certain about the mechanics... All you have to do is to post at least 20 replies/comments/posts overall this 3 months to get the reward?

8. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

1st month min 20, after you met with the requirements, our favorite Mitch will inbox you, likewise do the min 20 or more posts aywhere in the forum. mitch will explain the minimum quality :p

9. BIG GEO

BIG GEO New Member

Never knew this exsisted

10. Don off sorrow

Don off sorrow Active Member

ty mitch :D

11. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Welcome back forum posting season. I have missed you. :)

Just a quick reminder to people, (for those who know... sorry.. :)) when this was started, it was designed to encourage more forum activity, which can only be a good thing and after going down really well with people its been repeated several times now. Everytime it picks up a few new people that didnt know it existed and the forum continues to grow. Its a good thing.

The thing that we were all warned of in the start, was your posts had to try and contribute to a thread. It didnt need to be War & Peace everytime you posted, but it did have to add a bit more to a topic than, "I agree", or "Ditto" or "Thanks". You may well agree with someone, but that can be indicated simply by liking a post, not necessarily posting it! Always have a little bit of something to say - everyones got an opinion, dont be scared to voice yours. People seem to play pretty nicely in here always - you probably wont get shot down in flames too much!

The threshold for qualification is really achievable as well, 20 posts in a month is less than 1 a day - resist the urge to come in here, spam out 20 posts and then retire for the month, come back and have a read. Some days you will post alot, others not at all. This was designed to drive repeat participation.

Other than that - Im really pleased the posting season is back. Thanks mi7ch. Its really a worthwhile reward for something I enjoy doing as well. :) :)

Xtina likes this.
  12. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

uhm ok sounds easy. But so far i have never need to post 20 or more....

13. Jess

Jess Active Member

Let's see how this contest improved over weeks... Hopefully the posts will be worth reading...

Some, I say, take things way too seriously.

Xtina likes this.
  14. Xtina

Xtina Member

I might post more things but I never know where to post at and don't want to 'break the rules' by posting in the wrong thread etc.. I've wanted to say thanks for fixing that 'action already busy message' when we're doing the calendars. It's been so nice the last 3 and 5 days were so easy to click on, no annoying pop up messages at all... never knew where to say it so I'll just say it here :)

Jess likes this.
  15. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

So it's begun

16. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Thanks for the info Mi7ch!

17. So, this explains all the gratuitous, annoying posts from certain forum members. If you're going to do this Kano, you should AT LEAST require some intelligent content to all these posts instead of half sentences, "Oh"s, "I agree"s, etc. What is the point in more posting if they offer nothing of value?

Instead of behaving as your trained monkey and posting just to get my Pavlovian reward, wading through all those meaningless posts just drives me away from the forum, not toward it.

Jess likes this.
  18. Vic

Vic Active Member

i see your point. but i keep coming back to the forums on a regular basis (although not daily) and slog through the garbage and repetitious posts. even with that, there are some good points brought up here, in my opinion.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. GwenTheWelshGal

GwenTheWelshGal New Member

I'll try and remind myself to post more often, then.

20. Thank you for making my point. This is B.S. Kano!