[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Another player who just has no clue about what it means to invite 29 people to a RAID - this is not an event called SHARE REWARDS AFTER YOU DO ALL THE WORK. The idea is 30 people, 500 million damage...... 16.6 million damage on average per player. People complain they don't want to open RAIDS because of the 3000-6000 energy it might take to get all four keys. So when someone steps up and opens a RAID, people like you then expect them to do all the work and kill it. Start doing an equal share. Friends who don't help you finish your RAID really aren't much of a friend.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes an owner should be able to take down their own raid if that is what needs to happen, depending on others is selfish, everyone has an option to open or just join raids, if you Know the right people , and never assume a high level will go all out, I know a lot that just take a spot , know your friends and by now everyone should know who does what or does not. Again all that is required is min actions, some will do min and some will do more, a mix of the two types of players is good, as long as it is not some brand new player who is clueless and kills their own raid over and over and then expect others to take it down.

AXXO likes this.
  3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

no matter how hard you try, some people just don't get the point Kristen.....

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Mitch we have a raid party killer, that instead of killing raids get the raid party to around 2k health and then moves on, this way avoiding your attempt to stop a raid party killer. This will for sure make the next raid season even harder for tier 1 to get a spot on raids.
    Some of the many examples:
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/kan..._kap1=56370078f4b5bd9154b4c310&kv_language=en
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/kan..._kap1=563682fdf4b5bda176b4c310&kv_language=en
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/kan..._kap1=5637b14e0853fca3581408c3&kv_language=en

What will you do about this, or should we just exclude the majority of tier 1's from raids?

5. jahrista

jahrista Member

tier1 needs to change it should be like BA
    level500 before u can join them
    that will limit the amount of alts & trolls created during raid season
    level500 will also ensure they have an understanding of how things work before they join a raid
    tier1 should be lvl500 - lvl2500
    tier 2 lvl2501 - 4k
    tier3 lvl4001 +
    next i think actions should be set to minimum 2.5k
    this will ensure a lil more teamwork in a raid
    & the ability for the owner to kick someone from their raid if they have not met minimum actions after 24hrs
    to get rid of all the ppl that join with 5 stam or 1 heal & don't do anything to the raid until it is about to die
    there are too many montys that need to be kicked from raids
    over 6k actions should be gauranteed superior item
    & we are still waiting for an increase in xp :/

6. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Those are some good ideas. I doubt it would ever get implemented but a slide bar for minimum actions to earn a drop from 2000 to 5000 that the raid owner could adjust. This way it is in the control of the raid owner. Of course everyone would probably just slide it to 5000 so why not just make that the minimum action required to get the drop.

7. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

How would it affect raids if a 20 stamina attack and a 20 energy heal had a similar XP reward?

Would that not encourage more sensible participation?

Rhenkle1 and RafeDavid like this.
  8. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

all good except the kicking, this has been address it has to do with coding and can not be changed once they enter, just like sw's. This is one area of the raids that will never change. And the tiers will not work

9. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Tiers will depend on your server. ex. all those suggested tiers above is never gonna use in FB sever 1. too many players. minimum won't work unless kano decides to give random stamina drops for heals. well if we look closely we kinda get more xp per 20 energy. ex. my max job give me 2800xp for 140 enegry, with elites its 134. but one raid heal (20 energy) gives me 500-600xp so isn't it too much we are asking? guaranteeing a a super item over 6k i don't think so cause it is suppose to be random. well I have set my mind on xp basically on raids, cause either way i'll get an item, super or not, so I try to get as much as xp I can by attacking them :D

Kirsten likes this.
  10. FreddySmith

FreddySmith New Member

The way the drops from raid bosses are done really needs some improvement. I suggest a 15% chance of a Superior drop if you do minimum 2000 actions, and an increase of 15% for every additional 2000 actions. So if you do 12000 actions you have a 90% chance of a superior drop and anything above 14000 actions guarantees a superior.

StoneCK, Rhenkle1 and Si Celia like this.
  11. Si Celia

Si Celia Member

The way it seems to work now is that you can do millions and millions and millions of damage, and be one of the top 3 or 4 hitters in the raid and still come out with a common item. You can do minimum to medium damage and the ratio of superior to common is set so that superior drops are quite rare. So, no matter what kind of damage you do, the odds are poor that you will get a superior. That is not the way to win hearts, my dear Kano devs.

FreddySmith likes this.
  12. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I don't join a ton of raids so maybe my experience is unique to the others who post: I was in 10 raids and received 9 superior and 1 common. The 1 common I received there were two others in my tier who had more actions. Of the 9 superior in all but 2 I had the most actions for my tier. So 2 out of 3 raids when I did not have the most actions in my tier I still received a superior item. Luck was on my side this time around.

13. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well Mitch, I still think we need an answer on how to handle idiots that leave a raid at no health, and do that on purpose on many raids. Do you want us not to allow in players from tier 1?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

And if you still don't get it over at Kano HQ.
    [​IMG]
    Yet another raid.
    [​IMG]
    and another one.
    He is a very active low level. And don't just ban him, since it takes an hour to create a new account with enough stam to continue on the above.

15. Jess

Jess Active Member

I highly agree with Dcasso, also I stand with my previous statements, that raids were never good and now Kano made them worse.

I don't get it how I spend resources and commit over 30k actions (not first in my tier) and get lesser reward than a guy with 4k actions did. Seems to me like a money-race, whoever spends the most, gets it all. So it's disappointing from my point of view.

Keep reducing the drop ratio, and changing stuff that worked so well so far. Not long untill players get tired of that. I already am.

Cheers

16. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

may be loosing a great number of xp would do. plus if a person perished a raid more than 3 times may be he have to wait 3 months to do a raid again ;) that's sounds like a ban, if perished once, 1 month :p anyway just do not publish your raids on boss jobs chat.. that account may be possible alt you know

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

At the minimum the person Dcasso is speaking of should have their IP banned permanently. Them perishing raids is honestly ridiculous. No matter how much I might dislike someone on the game( on kong or kp2) I still won't stoop to the point of perishing their raids. I know I along with others spend good money doing the raids for the xp. An idiot like the one Dcasso posted is basically taking our money. You don't even want to know how I feel about that :mad:

StoneCK and Kirsten like this.
  18. Jess

Jess Active Member

Maybe not IP banned at first. Some mobs are just alts created to bring a certain raid down, others are just dummies who are real players but can't bother to think about healing the party. The second group is the one we forgive, so IP ban would be way too harsh. You know, we could like cause mental issues to those guys. Let's not go that far.

Buuut, there has to be a way of punishin' em.

A cruel one.

19. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

Jess this person has perished at least 6 raids and left the health so low on others that a 1 stamina attack perishes it.

20. Jess

Jess Active Member

I know, experienced it first-hand. After that many fails there should be an account lock.

Rhenkle1 likes this.