[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The chance for a Superior already does increase the more overall actions you do on a Raid.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

But not by much ;) Really isn't worth it coming in with 50-80mill damage (and needed healing) if you haven't got tier win, because of a way too low chance for superior

Jess, GOING TO CATCH DAVID and Aapje like this.
  3. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I can tell you that thru "randomization" that this isnt true. I have been in countless raids where i did over 100 million of the damage, i was the top healer and/or the top attacker and didnt receive a superior drop. I recently didnt spend a dime but some people where kind to me and asked me to jump in and get the minimum in. I received a superior drop for 6 million and a superior drop for 8 million in damage........

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  4. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

good luck, everyone. i didn't join any raids last round. i don't have any plans to in the near future, either.

GATMAN likes this.
  5. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Really? I keep track of all the RAIDS I join and the reward, actions, and place I ranked in total actions and I have been shocked at how in many of the RAIDS where I did 30-50 million damage I only received a "common" item and on several where I did just over minimum I got a superior. I found it frustrating as I felt I was better off just doing minimum as the math didn't seem to support an increase in the chance of getting a "superior" but quite the opposite. And from other posts, it seems I am not alone in this experience.

6. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I track the ones im in as well using a spreedsheet to see what the damage and healing ability along with payout is/was. I have received more superiors on raids that i did very little work in then I have with raids that i've done 100 mill or more in damage. Raids are great if your below lvl 4k, but once you clear 4000, the cost is way to high. I've spent 200 a month on raids, to help me and many others out but starting last month, i wont do it anymore. I went from 60-80 raid participation's down to 5-10. Doing 5-10 cost me zero godfathers and saves the frustrations of not receiving a fair amount of XP for my level, and not getting the superior drops that I believe I deserve based on 8-15% total boss damage done by my efforts and cash!

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  7. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

At this point I would be in total support of removing the raids from the game completely

Kirsten and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

you know, so would I. But for me, as long as people are doing them, I feel like I will get behind if I don't do a lot.

As far as about exp per level and return vs investment - it is funny how months ago very few could understand the complaint about how RAIDS sucked for the higher levels. Now that more and more players are reaching that 3500+ level mark and realizing that RAIDS only help lower levels the most, more and more complaints are coming out. Sadly, that is mostly how the entire game seems to me. As a higher level on Kong, I have complained about it for what seems like forever on Kong.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  9. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I can't say I love raids to be honest.

10. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Ah yes it's getting close to that time of the month again when the raid bosses bring the rest of LCN to a crawl. You either love them or hate them or love to hate them and then the saddest of all hate that you love them.

Aapje likes this.
  11. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I am still working on my group to do RAIDS as a team and not killing off RAIDS solo while 15-20 people join for minimum. ;)

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Raid Event Thursday Oct 2

[​IMG]

Changes from the previous Raid Event:

Event-wide benching is in effect! Check out the details on that here.

13. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Mi7ch, someone just pointed out that she is holding a gun and what looks to be a vibrator. I gotta agree .....

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's a test tube...

15. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

looks like a few has a dirty mind

SweetestAngel likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As with our Happy Cat Calendar we are always impressed with our player's capacity for creative pattern recognition. :)

17. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

@SweetestAngel : a vibrator?
    @mi7ch : so for next picture events like calendar / raids, avoid using ducks or thing like this, it could be confusing and offending for some people :p

SweetestAngel likes this.
  18. Bleeny

Bleeny New Member

Anyone else noticed that the achievement picture does not show the Rogue Scientist? Looks more like a giant robot cat.

19. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

@Bleeny : you're right! You nearly could use this picture for a LOST member :) After the wolf, the panda...the robot cat!

20. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

a personal grievance in the raids is the freeloaders who do a lot of attcks and little healing - this means the rest have to do more pro- rata - is there any way this can be sorted ?
    I appreciate they need ro do 1000 heals but this doesnt address the imbalance in some raids Im in currently