Changes to the Raid Event Effective October 8

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well good thing for me I don't join public raids and if and when I might I take my chances, and I will list the raid killer and many like minded people also do so,even if we are not on the raid in question,and the raid killer/non healer's name/s get added to blacklists in a few games,and they die alot.

2. Si Celia

Si Celia Member

It would be a good improvement to the raids. So many people want this....too bad Kano will probably do nothing about it, except maybe color code the level of the joined players or something lame like that! :)

3. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the affects this next time around! :) Thanks Mi7ch!

Kirsten likes this.
  4. jellybiscuit

jellybiscuit New Member

So... it's easier for people to skate by with minimal actions. If anything, the minimums seem to have exacerbated the slacker problem.

They can do next to nothing, but feel like they contributed because of a BS minimum. Nobody who's actually contributing to bosses needs a status.

5. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

Well, it's a step in the right direction, but the campers are the real problem. The Raid Boss owner should have the right to boot them.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  6. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

For those who are not forum regulars, we can't add a function to remove players from a Raid Party. I agree that would be handy for some cases, but we explored that after the very first Raid Event last year and we discovered that removing someone would cause many technical and gameplay issues. :)

AlterEgoT, Kirsten and Chasity like this.
  8. The Milk Man

The Milk Man Member

I like those changes

9. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Some improvement, but not really enough, IMO.

Jess likes this.
  10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I like this. But to be honest, I don't have much trouble getting the minimums in on these. It would be nice to see at a glance how you rank in your tier so you can try to get a better idea of what your chances are for a superior drop without clicking on individual player profiles and then going back to the boss.

Zoonie and JADES like this.
  11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

When ya in 50 raids or more showing that I got the min in is a big deal and gonna save me time and I won't miss one, cause I am usually helping friends fill theirs with the right people ( sometimes I lose track of where I was)and then I can go back to which ever ones I want that may be running out of time and help take them down. Long time for that change but welcome just the same.:)

AlterEgoT likes this.
  12. kevin thomas

kevin thomas New Member

THIS DOESN'T STOP PLAYERS JOINING WITH A HEAL, THEN DOING NOTHING, THEY SHOULD BE BLOCKED FROM JOINING.

AND WHERE'S OUR REMOVE BUTTON?

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So true, it's a PIA if unfamiliar with player names.

15. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

16. Abram

Abram New Member

The new thing is pretty useful if you are in multiple raids at ones. I think you guys should add the other health to it also, would help preventing raids to parishes and would allow people to find the raid killer quicker. And the minimum should be raised depending on your tier and there should be more tiers with less people per tier but still a total of 30.

17. fastguy

fastguy New Member

Why not just limit the number of event bosses anyone can join or be in at any given time to 2, have to finish 1 of them to join another, that would resolve the camping issue, and encourage more active participation, at all levels, you could also change the minimum required actions based on the tier levels, keep current number for 1st tier, 2 X current for 2nd tier. 3 X current for 3rd tier

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Erik Bergstrom likes this.
  18. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

Now this is a change that is actually VERY helpful and MUCH needed! The only thing I would change is the number of times a player let's the Raid Boss parties Health perish - I would like to see players get "benched" after letting any Raid Boss parties Health perish just ONCE (there is absolutely NO reason anyone should allow a Raid Parties Health to perish, yet I see it happen quite frequently)! The text under the Boss letting you know if you have completed the minimum required ations is GREAT though - those are the changes many of us would like to see! :D

Zoonie likes this.
  19. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

If you only Invite players you know and trust, you wouldn't ever need to remove people because they are all people you specifically Invited - Inviting ONLY people you know/trust was highly suggested from day one, yet I still see SO many Raid Bosses being shared publicly in the Chat, which WILL allow people you might not want in your Boss to join. There is absolutely NO reason for a feature to remove players from Raid Bosses - just play them how they are supposed to be played..